Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-16-2006, 02:57 AM   #31
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
RAP = CRAP.

Pure and simple. A bunch of ebonics speaking no-talent ass-clowns who squander their millions of dollars on jewelry, rims and Cristal. I dont even consider this genre to be music. All it does is glorify the thug life, degrade women and encourage drug use among youth.

You want some real music? Look no further than:

bad example, green day are the epitome of ****ty
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:59 AM   #32
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtetris
that's because nas actually has talent, a concept foreign to 50

obviously ISH doesn't like 50... I get the damn point.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:58 AM   #33
Dnn111
Serious playground baller

Dnn111 has an OK reputation so far
Default Sorry...

If this question seems dumb, I'm sorry. I was just bored. I like to have fun. But, again, I'm sorry.
Dnn111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:56 PM   #34
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

I think 50 is one of the most overrated rappers ever, if not THE most overrated...has nothing to do with what people think of him. I simply hate his voice, he has the worst flow and his lyrics suck...his production is nice because he has Dre, and his hype is because of all the clothes and video games...and the fact that Em & Dre sponsored him...my girl likes him because of his voice, I seriously can't stand him...the only songs that I listen are "In Da Club", "Hate It or Love it" and "My buddy" rest I can't take.

Comparing that to arguably the greatest lyricist of all time is an insult to Rakim.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:11 AM   #35
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
I think 50 is one of the most overrated rappers ever, if not THE most overrated...has nothing to do with what people think of him. I simply hate his voice, he has the worst flow and his lyrics suck...his production is nice because he has Dre, and his hype is because of all the clothes and video games...and the fact that Em & Dre sponsored him...my girl likes him because of his voice, I seriously can't stand him...the only songs that I listen are "In Da Club", "Hate It or Love it" and "My buddy" rest I can't take.

Comparing that to arguably the greatest lyricist of all time is an insult to Rakim.

"In da Club"?? That's one of 50's worst songs on any of his albums. Most of his singles aren't even his best songs... "Heat" "U not like me" "Patiently waiting" "Many Men" "dont push me" "I'm supposed to die tonight" "piggy bank" are his best IMO, and only a few of those really made it to the mainstream. How any real hip hop fan can listen to all those songs and not find themselves bobbin' their head or whatever must not know what good hip hop is. "in da club", "wanksta", & "candy shop" (3 of his most popular songs for some reason) were probably 3 of his worst songs off his first 2 albums. His "8-mile rd" remix was tight too, better than the original...
Old 11-17-2006, 05:39 PM   #36
West-Side
Decent college freshman

I picked In Da Club, because it's a club song, I go clubbin on weekends...and I dance to that song, all those songs you named are decent lyrically...but his flow ruins it for me, I can't take it.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:40 PM   #37
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

50 as an underground artist was hot shiz.... 50 signed was about making money... Rakim is a legend and not many artist should be mentioned in the same breath as him including biggie and pac IMHO...

Probably not many of you ever heard this song but it was a duet but it had a horrible music...

Be ready and at ya best
The celebrity match of death
Heart snatched through your chest, cardiac arrest
Crack your neck while I break your arms, catch your breath
Then I asked the ref, "how many cats is left?"
One on one, who challenging? Come get did
All I have is a pen and punish you kids
Abdomen punctured and look what I did to his wig
Wanna live then I stab 'em in the lung with his rib
Every word I say detach a vertebrae from your spine
Rematch wherever we meet at, any place anytime
Get your snot-box smashed with a 9
Smacked with a rhyme, push your forehead to the back of your mind
Try to explain what it's like seeing your brain
Your insane, soon to be ID'ed as remains
Then I reincarnate 'em and kill 'em again
Again and again, again and again

I'm on some stone cold shiz
Warn your whole click
Cartilage get blown until the whole bone split
Who wanna spit, bang quick, strangle 'em wit his lip
He tried to flip but I left his body danglin'

Seven birds, make 'em swerve 'til their vision is blurred
Turn cats that suped from superb to nerds
Just say the word, I'll leave your DNA on the curb
And stick my dikc in your ear and fukc what you heard
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:46 PM   #38
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

those are some sick lyrics def Rakim>>>50 if 50 were still underground he might be able to make a case but now he is hot garabge.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:55 PM   #39
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

how can people hold it against 50 for blowing up like he has? Lets see...

Underground= no $$$

Sign with Dre= millions of $$$

People that stay underground either aren't that good, or are just stupid for not "selling out"... 50 did the smart thing and now he's being rewarded for it.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:00 PM   #40
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1584
how can people hold it against 50 for blowing up like he has? Lets see...

Underground= no $$$

Sign with Dre= millions of $$$

People that stay underground either aren't that good, or are just stupid for not "selling out"... 50 did the smart thing and now he's being rewarded for it.
ask Nas if he wanted 50 money collaborating with Puffy before... Of course they want that cash... but at the same time to get the major fame you cant make lyrically hot shiz you have to dumb it down most times and have a simple hook...
I dont hate on 50 for gettn money or changing his style to get money... He paid his dues and now he is getting rewarded.... at the same time you lose the ability to remain lyrical... I loved Many Men that was a great song...
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:03 PM   #41
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
50 as an underground artist was hot shiz.... 50 signed was about making money... Rakim is a legend and not many artist should be mentioned in the same breath as him including biggie and pac IMHO...

Probably not many of you ever heard this song but it was a duet but it had a horrible music...

Be ready and at ya best
The celebrity match of death
Heart snatched through your chest, cardiac arrest
Crack your neck while I break your arms, catch your breath
Then I asked the ref, "how many cats is left?"
One on one, who challenging? Come get did
All I have is a pen and punish you kids
Abdomen punctured and look what I did to his wig
Wanna live then I stab 'em in the lung with his rib
Every word I say detach a vertebrae from your spine
Rematch wherever we meet at, any place anytime
Get your snot-box smashed with a 9
Smacked with a rhyme, push your forehead to the back of your mind
Try to explain what it's like seeing your brain
Your insane, soon to be ID'ed as remains
Then I reincarnate 'em and kill 'em again
Again and again, again and again

I'm on some stone cold shiz
Warn your whole click
Cartilage get blown until the whole bone split
Who wanna spit, bang quick, strangle 'em wit his lip
He tried to flip but I left his body danglin'

Seven birds, make 'em swerve 'til their vision is blurred
Turn cats that suped from superb to nerds
Just say the word, I'll leave your DNA on the curb
And stick my dikc in your ear and fukc what you heard

Like it'd be that hard to find a verse of 50's like that? Do u people just base everything about 50 off of his singles like "candy shop" "wanksta" and "in da club" or have u heard his whole albums? Because if you've heard his cd's, I dont know how anyone can sit here and say he sucks as a lyricist and his music sucks. U think Eminem would've brought him to Dre if any of that was even .01% true? U think Dre would've signed him? It's one thing to say that u just dont like 50's music, but I find it weird how so many people on ISH just say that he flat out sucks and all this other stuff.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:53 AM   #42
West-Side
Decent college freshman

1. Pac
2. Rakim
3. Big

Paid In Full might be the greatest album in hip hop though...only ones that are arguably are "Illmatic" and "Ready To Die".
Old 11-20-2006, 12:26 PM   #43
Dnn111
Serious playground baller

Dnn111 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
1. Pac
2. Rakim
3. Big

Paid In Full might be the greatest album in hip hop though...only ones that are arguably are "Illmatic" and "Ready To Die".

Public Enemy's It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back is arguably the greatest hip hop album. Although Illmatic and Ready to Die are close.
Dnn111 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: