Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-25-2010, 10:18 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Undrafted Players- Summer League Invite list

PG
•Sherron Collins - Okay, he's fat, but he was a stud at Kansas and can run a basketball team. He has a Summer League invite with the Charlotte Bobcats.
•Jon Scheyer - He's from Duke! What more could you want!? Oh, yeah. He's also 6'6", has range and a high basketball IQ. He'll play for the Miami Heat in Vegas according to Jeff Goodman, but Jonathan Givony says he'll be there with the Washington Wizards. He can't do both.

•Jerome Randle - Diminutive Cal guard did about as much as one player can do in college without being drafted. He'll play for the Washington Wizards in Vegas.

•Jeremy Wise - He played well in the D-League against NBA competition. Lots to like. He'll play with the Golden State Warriors in the Vegas Summer League.
•Mikhail Torrance - A 6-foot-5 self-described pure point out of the SEC is intriguing already. Factor in his length and the 5.1 assists he averaged this past season at Alabama and we have a legitimate snub on our hands. He went undrafted due to a heart issue. It sounds like Torrance will be playing for the Charlotte Bobcats.

•Matt Bouldin - He's from Gonzaga, has shaggy hair and Michael Levin loves him. That's enough for me. He'll play for the Chicago Bulls Summer League team.

•Scottie Reynolds - I wasn't surprised to see Reynolds go undrafted after looking abysmal for Villanova in the NCAA Tournament, but he'd definitely be worth a flyer if it were a three round draft.
•Ben Uzoh - He's an athletic scorer out of Tulsa, but at 6-foot-3 and without a true point guard pedigree he went undrafted. Still, he averaged 15-5-5 this past season while playing with newly-drafted Jerome Jordan.
•Jeremy Lin - I didn't see enough of him this season, but his Asian heritage and studly play (albeit at Harvard) would make him worth a look from an NBA team. He will attend a mini-camp in Dallas in hopes of making their Vegas Summer League team.

SG
•Manny Harris - The combo-guard out of Michigan has the talent to play in the NBA, but not so much the head. Regardless, he was one of the surprise players that went undrafted.
•Sylven Landesberg - He played two seasons in the ACC and averaged over 16 points and five rebounds as a 6-foot-6 shooting guard. I realize he might not be the top character guy, but at 20-years-old there's no reason he went undrafted. He'll play for the Sacramento Kings in Las Vegas.

•Denis Clemente - The Kansas State shooter is pretty undersized, but he also has a pretty sweet stroke. I'm surprised his NCAA Tournament performance didn't get an NBA decison-maker excited.

•Aubrey Coleman - Coleman enough holes in his game that I can understand GM's not being high on him. But then I look at the Houston senior and remember he averaged 25.6 points and 7.4 rebounds as a 6-foot-3 shooting guard. Give the streetballer a chance.
•Ryan Thompson - You know what I know about Thompson? He's Jason Thompson's brother. After averaging 15+ points and 5+ boards the past three seasons at Rider, you'd think that'd be enough. He'll play with his brother on the Sacramento Kings Summer League team and for the Boston Celtics in Orlando.

SF
•Elijah Millsap - Remember how so many NBA teams are disappointed in missing out on Paul Millsap? They're going to think the same thing about his younger brother.
•Tyren Johnson - Johnson stood out at the Portsmouth Invitational and averaged 18 points and 8 boards on his way to becoming the Sun Belt Conference Player of the Year.
•Tyler Smith - Got kicked off the Tennessee basketball team after being caught with weapons and such, but then buggered off to Turkey where he averaged 16.8 points, 6.8 boards and 4.1 assists while shooting 53% from the field and 42% from beyond the arc. There's some talent there if the off-the-court stuff can be reined in.
•DeShawn Sims - Another undrafted player out of Michigan, but it wasn't because of lack of production in the Big Ten. Sims averaged 16.8 points and 7.6 boards as a tweener.
•Raymar Morgan - I might only pay attention to Raymar Morgan because one of my friends is a huge Michigan State fan, but he did do the dirty work on some pretty good Michigan State teams.
PF
•Charles Garcia - After being so hyped to begin the season, the pride of Seattle U's stock plummeted to the point of undrafted.
•Samardo Samuels - The Louisville big man was formerly the top prospect out of high school, but it seems his being a little short to play inside led to him going undrafted. This could be a big mistake. He will play for the Chicago Bulls in Vegas.

•Deon Thompson - I'm surprised he got so little after being a solid role player at North Carolina. He doesn't have great size, but he has a good pedigree.
•Michael Washington - Washington probably would have been in the discussions as a first round pick after averaging 15.5 points and 9.8 boards as a junior at Arkansas. His rebounding dropped significantly this season, though, and finds himself on the outside looking in following the draft. He'll play for the Knicks in Vegas.

•Mac Koshwal - Mac "The Pride of DePaul" Koshwal averaged 16.1 points and 10.1 rebounds this past season. With legitimate NBA size at 6-foot-10, 255 pounds, you'd think that'd be worth something.
•Wayne Chism - There's gotta be room for a guy that wears his headband like that, right? He'll play for the New Jersey Nets in Orlando and the Sacramento Kings in Vegas.

•Lance Thomas - I don't know enough about the Duke bigman, but longtime RU contributor Aisander D kept texting me during his bachelor party Thursday night asking if the Bobcats had drafted him.
C
•Brian Zoubek - I guess we really know the Duke bias is gone if there were three potential players out of Durham and none of them got drafted. With Zoubek's size and... size, I thought he'd hear his name Thursday night. He's apparently 'leaning toward' playing with the New Jersey Nets.

•Miroslav Raduljica - I doubt he'll come over to play Summer League, but I decided to include him here so we could go back and remember this.

•Artsiom Parakhouski - The 7-footer out of Radford had a lot of good buzz around him, but I guess the NBA wasn't interested in big men that seem to have reached their potential. Parakhouski will play for Boston in Orlando.

•Omar Samhan - The most overhyped prospect this side of ever, Samhan had a few good NCAA Tournament games that he capitalized on by being personable. He'll play for the Miami Heat Summer League team.
•A.J. Ogilvy - Ogilvy is a skilled big man out of Vanderbilt with an old school game. However, his numbers declined every year in college and scouts worried about his lack of athleticism leading to the current predicament.
Players I would have been surprised to see drafted, but have Summer League Invites:

•Rodney Green - The LaSalle guard will play for the Boston Celtics in Orlando.
•Ryan Brooks - Temple's finest will play for the Philadelphia 76ers Summer League team.
•Tweety Carter - He'll take his sweet name and decent game to Orlando to play for the New Jersey Nets.
•Marquis Gilstrap - Will be playing for the Charlotte Bobcats.
•Damian Johnson - Will be playing for the Miami Heat in Orlando and somewhere in Vegas.
•Marqus Blakely - Will play for the Los Angeles Clippers in Vegas.
0 recs | 9 comments | Add comment | Share

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2010...-is-it-time-to
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:26 PM   #2
dr8ked
Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

dr8ked has decent reputation
Default Re: Undrafted Players- Summer League Invite list

I still can't believe Joe dumars Passed on Jeremy wise and opted for Terrico White. Shit still making me mad. We could've moved stuckey to the SG position along with Ben gordon. I was hoping we get mikhail Torrance too, like i said before Many GM's will regret passing on him.. Bobcats will love this guy. I never liked scottie reynolds game, he's not a PG and doesnt have SG skills. He would get murdered playing the SF.. basically he is not a basketball player. I know thats cold but it's the harsh truth.

Last edited by dr8ked : 06-25-2010 at 10:29 PM.
dr8ked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
T-bomb 25
Local High School Star

T-bomb 25 has not been impressing people

I cant wait to see Mikhail Torrance he sould have been a mid to late 1st round pick,Aubrey Coleman could have been a late 1st rounder,Tyler Smith,and Manny Harris should have been 2nd round picks i cant wait to see these guys play.

Last edited by T-bomb 25 : 06-25-2010 at 10:35 PM.
T-bomb 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:34 PM   #4
dagreatesteva25
I airball my layups

dagreatesteva25 has an OK reputation so far

Jerome Randle would come into the league and instantly be one of the quickest players and deepest range. He isn't the purest of PG's though and has bad shot selection taking "hero" shots

Manny Harris is a Jamal Crawford type player but not as quick. Harris has horrible finisher though which is probably why he went undrafted. Also a TO machine but that usually doesn't stop players from getting drafted
dagreatesteva25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:40 PM   #5
T-bomb 25
Local High School Star

T-bomb 25 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr8ked
I still can't believe Joe dumars Passed on Jeremy wise and opted for Terrico White. Shit still making me mad. We could've moved stuckey to the SG position along with Ben gordon. I was hoping we get mikhail Torrance too, like i said before Many GM's will regret passing on him.. Bobcats will love this guy. I never liked scottie reynolds game, he's not a PG and doesnt have SG skills. He would get murdered playing the SF.. basically he is not a basketball player. I know thats cold but it's the harsh truth.
Yeah Reynolds is not a NBA player,or a D-league player,and he would struggle in most Euro leagues,Torrance will eventually be the starting PG in Charlotte,this guy is a real gem he was 1 of my favorite players in college basketball this year.
T-bomb 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:48 PM   #6
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

manny harris sucks , dude is a cancer and cant shoot to save his life.
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:48 PM   #7
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Omar Samham & Brian Zoubek please, Grant!
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:56 PM   #8
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Ryan Brooks - Temple's finest will play for the Philadelphia 76ers Summer League team.

Do you think he could make a DLeague roster?
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:09 PM   #9
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Maize'N'Blue has an OK reputation so far

I heard Sims was playing for the Celtics summer team.
Maize'N'Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:26 PM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
Do you think he could make a DLeague roster?
Mark Tyndale shitted on the D League last year buddy we do okay for ourselves.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfil...r=mark_tyndale
Old 06-25-2010, 11:29 PM   #11
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
Omar Samham & Brian Zoubek please, Grant!

Omar's not that great. He came down to Australia to play with his college team and he barely held his own against some of the 6'8 Australian centers.
At 7 foot with his skill, he really should have dominated against Australian competition.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:32 PM   #12
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

In what world is Sherron Collins fat?
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:35 PM   #13
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
In what world is Sherron Collins fat?
Every. He's struggled with weight ever year since he's been on campus. He's been up at 230 and he's not even 6'0".
Old 06-25-2010, 11:38 PM   #14
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Every. He's struggled with weight ever year since he's been on campus. He's been up at 230 and he's not even 6'0".
Let me tell you something: weight is just a number, man.

Have you seen the kid? He's stacked. He's solid. He's not fat. Khalid El-Amin is fat. Oliver Miller is fat. Sherron Collins is borderline "swoll".

Now, maybe it would be to his benefit to drop some weight because he is an undersized point guard, but that kid isn't fat. No way, no how. @ 230 for an athlete like him being fat. Never once thought that dude was fat and he sure doesn't play fat.

Kids these days....
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:41 PM   #15
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Let me tell you something: weight is just a number, man.

Have you seen the kid? He's stacked. He's solid. He's not fat. Khalid El-Amin is fat. Oliver Miller is fat. Sherron Collins is borderline "swoll".

Now, maybe it would be to his benefit to drop some weight because he is an undersized point guard, but that kid isn't fat. No way, no how. @ 230 for an athlete like him being fat. Never once thought that dude was fat and he sure doesn't play fat.

Kids these days....
He sure isn't conditioned. Go back and check the games vs. Temple the last 2 years. He's calling for Self to give him a breather 3 1/2 minutes into the game in a slow-tempo game. 230 is way too heavy for him, as is 220. "Fat" isn't the word, but they use it because it's basketball. In football his body is perfect but this isn't football.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: