Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-15-2006, 07:02 PM   #1
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Ot: Nfl 2004

I am a pretty big football fan...

And I have to say

In 2004, the competetion in the league was at its toughest that I can recall

There 4 GREAT Teams

Steelers 15-1- Yeah, thats rite...They wen't 15-1...And whats more, they went 14-0 with their QB being Big Ben...Big Ben also set the rookie completion % record, had an amazing near 70% completion %...And they ran the ball better than anyone else in the league...With Jerome Bettis, Duce Staley...Amazing team that year...Not only that...They had a DOMINATING defense...One of the best in the league

Colts 13-3- Manning breaks the TD record...At this year, the Colts offense was at their VERY best...I mean, their offense was unstoppable...They even had Edderin James...I believe this was the highest ranked offense of the new Century...They would score 30-40+ every game, and just dominate ur defense period...52 TD Passes...

Eagles 13-3- The only 3 games this team lost was against the Patroits, Steelers, and one game where they didn't play their starters...Personally, I think this team was the best in the NFL...Because I love how they played...Their passing attack was UNSTOPPABLE...With TO, Westbrook, Freddie Mitchell, LJ Smith, and Pinkston...McNabb and their passing game would dominate every secondary there was...And then there was their dominating D...One of the best in the league...They would come after you and get you...Full of playmakers and ProBowlers...

Patroits 14-2- The Dynasty...Led by Tom Brady, prime Corey Dillon, Bill Bellichek, and a dominating defense...The ideal team right here...Brady, who never lost a playoff game during that time...This team was just unbeatable, no one could beat them, especcially during playoff time...They had a very efficient offense...And a defense that could stop just about anyone...

I say this year had the most competetion in the NFL from 2000 and on...

I mean, the NFL was LOADED this year, with some GREAT teams...

You can also add the Falcons too...That was the year when the Falcons were are their very best...
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:02 PM   #2
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Nobody knows any Football around here?
Old 11-15-2006, 08:12 PM   #3
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No one cares

Some dont care because this is football on a bball board and should be in OT forum designated for it.

Some people are left askin what is there to discuss, but we know your reply is "a! No one can disagree because u agree with me! U have too" basically double daring someone to disagree because no one disagrees with the Glove 20.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:23 PM   #4
Glove_20
The Expert

I never say that...Once again, stop makin things up...

I always back myself up

And the question was, was there a year with better top teams than 2004?

I don't think so...
Old 11-15-2006, 08:26 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
I never say that...Once again, stop makin things up...

You say it in the topics where u list a bunch of NBA greats and not enough reply.

Quote:
I always back myself up

When/where did i say you didnt?

Quote:
And the question was, was there a year with better top teams than 2004?

I don't think so...

And my posts gave scenerios why you might not get the replies you seek. And could you be right with your topic? Yeah, i didnt check/look over the years.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:28 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Colts 13-3- Manning breaks the TD record...At this year, the Colts offense was at their VERY best...I mean, their offense was unstoppable...They even had Edderin James...I believe this was the highest ranked offense of the new Century...They would score 30-40+ every game, and just dominate ur defense period...52 TD Passes...

Where did it rank vs the Vikings offense of the past?
Old 11-15-2006, 08:30 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Eagles 13-3- The only 3 games this team lost was against the Patroits, Steelers, and one game where they didn't play their starters...Personally, I think this team was the best in the NFL...Because I love how they played...Their passing attack was UNSTOPPABLE...With TO, Westbrook, Freddie Mitchell, LJ Smith, and Pinkston...McNabb and their passing game would dominate every secondary there was...And then there was their dominating D...One of the best in the league...They would come after you and get you...Full of playmakers and ProBowlers...

Needed to establish the run, time management, questionable play calling and Mcnabb not choking in the SB. Would have been SB winners. Best team I've ever watched from the Eagles. Not the best D tho. Wish the OL then could have played with Randall back then. Would have made serious noise!

Why did TO have to catch feelings and mess up a great thing?
Old 11-15-2006, 08:36 PM   #8
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Needed to establish the run, time management, questionable play calling and Mcnabb not choking in the SB. Would have been SB winners. Best team I've ever watched from the Eagles. Not the best D tho. Wish the OL then could have played with Randall back then. Would have made serious noise!

Why did TO have to catch feelings and mess up a great thing?
Yeah

I have to say...that Eagle team was one of my favorite (And I still love the Eagles)

I thought they should've won the Super Bowl too...

I just loved how good they were, their pass attack was unstoppable, McNabb would dominate every week...And they had some pretty good D too...
Old 11-15-2006, 08:45 PM   #9
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default ...

Colts:

115 Rushing Yards Per Game

296 Passing Yards Per Game

61 total touchdowns by the offense - 51 throwing, 10 rushing

I read somewhere that the Vikings during that season never scored less then 24 points in a game.

Vikings:

281 Passing Yards Per Game

121 Rushing Yards Per Game

58 total touchdowns by offense - 17 rushing & 41 passing
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:54 PM   #10
Glove_20
The Expert

Whatever

Colts win, and were the best offense of the new century, they scored A LOT of points too, I am pretty sure more than the Vikkings

But anyways

2004 Had to be the year of the best Top Teams
Old 11-15-2006, 08:54 PM   #11
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Yeah

I have to say...that Eagle team was one of my favorite (And I still love the Eagles)

I thought they should've won the Super Bowl too...

I just loved how good they were, their pass attack was unstoppable, McNabb would dominate every week...And they had some pretty good D too...

Yup, that D was tight.

Quote:
Colts:

115 Rushing Yards Per Game

296 Passing Yards Per Game

61 total touchdowns by the offense - 51 throwing, 10 rushing

I read somewhere that the Vikings during that season never scored less then 24 points in a game.

Vikings:

281 Passing Yards Per Game

121 Rushing Yards Per Game

58 total touchdowns by offense - 17 rushing & 41 passing

Holy crap that is close.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:59 PM   #12
Glove_20
The Expert

Either way though

2004 Had the Best Top Teams

Thats all I have to say

I mean...It was tough back then, I remember clearly...GREAT Matchups...
Old 11-15-2006, 09:14 PM   #13
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Either way though

2004 Had the Best Top Teams

Thats all I have to say

I mean...It was tough back then, I remember clearly...GREAT Matchups...

We get it already Glove. How many times u gonna repeat urself?
Old 11-17-2006, 10:55 AM   #14
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

how do the 2004 colts match up with the greatest show on turf back in 2000 and 2001?
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:49 AM   #15
illexclusiv
I airball my layups

illexclusiv has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
how do the 2004 colts match up with the greatest show on turf back in 2000 and 2001?

yeah, i remember the rams were damn near unstoppable in 99. i don't know what their stats were, but the were always scoring in the high 30's. i couldn't even tell you what their record ended up being...

glove, can you pull up their stats and compare?
illexclusiv is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: