Originally Posted by Rekindled
1. make the lottery happen right before the draft, this creates more drama for the draft, the draft has become too predictable it's almost boring now. there will be a lot more possibilities and twists because teams will have to react faster.
2. make the last 10 spots of the lottery more random. as of right now, the late lottery teams have like 90%+ chance of standing pat at their spot during the ping pong ball draws.
change it so for example the 14th most ping pong ball team has a good chance to be either 12th,13th ,14th instead of just 99% chance of 14th or move into top 3. makes the lottery more interesting.
3. have cameras showing all the potential draftees for the pick when stern is about to announce it so we can see the reaction, like the academy award show .
4. have each team send a player to interview their draft pick, i think it makes it more interesting.
5. get some new analyst , jvg and barry dont even know any of the prospects. get draft experts like david thorpe , chad ford or ryen russello .
My big problem with this is that having the lottery just before the draft means that you just wouldn't allow teams to do the right due dilligance on the players, or their options. If the concensus top pick is a PG, and you already have a PG, now you have very little time to explore your trade options.
Otherwise I either agree with, or would be ok with, all those changes. And I do agree getting some scouting experts on the broadcast would help. The NBA guys simply haven't seen enough. And then they bring out college guys like Billas who are really only looking at guys through the college prism.