Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 06-26-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Default Boston's summer league invites

Ryan Thompson

I found this long highlights video on YT. Four things I learned from the video: he's got NBA range, he's great off the dribble, he's an excellent finisher, and he's deadly on the break. He looked slow at times, and his first step really isn't that great. I didn't see much of his lateral quickness, but he doesn't look very athletic at all. I'm not sure if he could thrive defensively in the NBA, especially for this team. However, he does look strong, really strong. And we all know Pierce never relied on his athleticism. Pierce was a guard for much of his career and this kid is projected to be a combo guard/forward. Pierce could really show him the ropes, and his style and gameplay would really help him a lot.

And yes, he is Jason Thompson's brother.

Deshawn Sims

Can't really find much video on him so we have to rely on articles. Just looking at his numbers quickly, 17 points per game on 49%? Huh? Doesn't add up, especially for college. Apparently he's got a great turn-around jumper that he can work with from the post. He could work with KG on that. Don't really have anything else to say.

Artsiom Parakhouski

Not much video and not many recent articles, but his numbers look amazing. I think he could easily make an NBA roster. The short videos I saw, he's got great touch around the basket and a nose for the ball.

Rodney Green

I only found one video and it was irrelevant. His numbers looks really underwhelming and DraftExpress lists him as a SG/SF, but he measures in at just over 6'3". He's no Monta Ellis, that's for sure. I doubt he makes a roster.

I was impressed with Thompson the most, but only because we have Pierce. Him and Melo would be the perfect mentors.

Summer league starts July 5th, and I can't wait.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #2
JRod
Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Boston's summer league invites

I saw Parakhouski when they played Kansas this year. He is solid muscle and was more polished offensively than Cole Aldrich, though that's not saying much.
He had 21 and 13 with 2 blocks, compared to Aldrich's 15 and 9 with only one block. He might surprise.
JRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:01 AM   #3
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

ryan thompson is kinda cool ofcourse thats what we would expect from highlights. how better is he compared to giddens? or bill walker. well shooting is definitely there. i dont know i think the guy can make it in the league id be happy if the guy plays for c's he just need some PT. he would be quite small for an sf. a combo guard is ok he can play along side tony allen and rondo but the front court would be super small. so the length of the c's will be questioned again.

well i just hope we can get a player that can contribute from the summer league.
veilside23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Summer league update [CelticsBlog]:

PG - JayCee Carroll

SG - Rodney Green, Ryan Thompson

SF - DeShawn Sims, Ryan Wittman

PF - Luke Harangody

C -Artsiom Parakhouski
Old 06-29-2010, 08:17 PM   #5
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

I assume Bradley will also likely play, correct? And is that Art blahblahblah guy the guy everyone has a boner over?
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:08 PM   #6
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
I assume Bradley will also likely play, correct? And is that Art blahblahblah guy the guy everyone has a boner over?

He got his ankle scoped, remember? He'll be out until camp.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: