Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-16-2006, 12:28 AM   #16
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

if thats how much we signed him for, i'll be pissed. how can we give this guy this much cash and even HESITATE to give vernon what he wants?

would we have $$$ left over for a picther? i'm not so sure.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:35 AM   #17
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
if thats how much we signed him for, i'll be pissed. how can we give this guy this much cash and even HESITATE to give vernon what he wants?

would we have $$$ left over for a picther? i'm not so sure.

The only way the Jays are getting any effective pitching is by trading Vernon anyways. I doubt the Jays want to pay him $14-15mil for 5 years or so and that's understandable.

Even with solid but not great pitchers like Gil Meche and Ted Lilly there is tons of demand for. I assume that's the type the Jays would go after for the #3 hole. I think we can forget about Zito and Schmidt.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:29 AM   #18
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Im an A's fan. As saddened/suprised to see Thomas leave, i thought he'd definately stay in Oakland to finish his career due to us givin him an extra chance, i just dont think Frankie will put up the #'s he did in 06 especially playing on the Turf
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:27 AM   #19
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
Im an A's fan. As saddened/suprised to see Thomas leave, i thought he'd definately stay in Oakland to finish his career due to us givin him an extra chance, i just dont think Frankie will put up the #'s he did in 06 especially playing on the Turf

A's fan here too....

Is this a move because Barry wants to come to the A's???

Sh*t...I hope not.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:49 AM   #20
The Wiz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Wiz has an OK reputation so far

A good pick up for the Jays. This could move them in contention for the wild card.
The Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:56 PM   #21
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

My bad, I didnt know he was a FA, I thought the Jays traded for him. Great acquisition, but not enough to challenge Yanks.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:58 PM   #22
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

now time to go after Barry Bonds... haha... I am interested in the prospect of what the Bluejays are going to do in the off-season now...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: