Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here
Default Nets trade Yi Jianlian to Wizards for Quinton Ross

Update: The trade is official - http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=6105

Quote:
The Nets are close to moving Yi Jianlian.

They are working on a deal with the Wizards that would send Yi and cash to Washington for a player who makes “significantly less” than what the Nets’ power forward earns. Three sources confirmed this could happen.

The player could be Quinton Ross ($1.14 million) or one of their draft picks. Yi makes $4.05 million this season. Either way, the Nets are close to getting Yi’s salary off their books.

The Nets would do this to get as far under the cap as possible so they potentially could sign two max players. Yi for Ross would save the Nets close to $3 million and put them around $30 million.

personally if this goes down, I think New York and Miami hunt down Washington's GM for giving Chicaago and NEw Jersey more cap space... considering NY gave up most of its assets (a couple of firsts and Jordan Hill) just to dump Jefferies... I get the feeling if NY waited they could've dumped Jefferies to Sac or Washington about now for only Chandler or Hill or a pick

Last edited by insidehoops : 06-29-2010 at 03:08 PM.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Report: Yi Could be Dumped to Washington

Yi's got talent and he's only 23. Playing with John Wall could really help his game.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
Why the hell would they move Yi?

Clear more cap space.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:53 PM   #4
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Do they not realize they cant all have 2 max...?
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #5
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Why the hell would they move Yi?
Besides the cap space, it might have to do with Favors.

Yi bitched a lot when he was drafted by Milwaukee. Wouldn't surprise me if he starts demanding to start / significant pt.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

washington wizards, you're friendly neighborhood team, here to help with all your capspace needs
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:56 PM   #7
keep-itreal
High School Varsity 6th Man

keep-itreal has decent reputation

the wizards are like waste disposal
keep-itreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:59 PM   #8
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I dont like their latest moves. I think they are shooting themselves in the foot.

I like CDR, but he was having attitude issues and was disapproving of our new coach so he was pushing himself out the door anyway.

This Yi move is purely for cap and they're just trying to cut fat on the team I guess. I liked the way Yi was progressing, but oh well. We'll live.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:04 PM   #9
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

good for john wall
it'll help with his exposure to the chinese market. tmac did it with yao

also, his name is already perfect for marketing (great wall of china!)
not sure about washington's chinese population tho
Old 06-29-2010, 01:10 PM   #10
barito
I airball my layups

barito has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
good for john wall

Verizon center is right next to chinatown, YI will probably be a great attraction to tbe D.C area.
barito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:14 PM   #11
keep-itreal
High School Varsity 6th Man

keep-itreal has decent reputation

Quote:
good for john wall

keep-itreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:19 PM   #12
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yi is sucky sucky. I like the Great Wall of China tho.

Expect asians to vote for Wall 1 billion times! That was a joke, I see you guys circling me like a karate movie. Only thing is? I kick ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barito
Verizon center is right next to chinatown, YI will probably be a great attraction to tbe D.C area.

Everyone has a chinatown.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:20 PM   #13
jaydacris
Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yi is sucky sucky. I like the Great Wall of China tho.

Expect asians to vote for Wall 1 *birrion times! That was a joke, I see you guys circling me like a karate movie. Only thing is? I kick ass.

Everyone has a chinatown.

fixed
Old 06-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #14
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Everyone desparately wants cap space. Washington is helping people get cap space, but not charging them any premium even though teams are desparate to get cap space.

What am i missing?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #15
Skyscraper
Local High School Star

Skyscraper is a pretty well-respected posterSkyscraper is a pretty well-respected posterSkyscraper is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
fixed

late night at KFC, no more fried chicken, only that grilled stuff. And no more store brand 3 liter grape soda with the metal cap.

sorry for the inconvenience.
Skyscraper is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: