Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 06-29-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Wizards traded for Yi Jianlian from Nets

Yi didn't do a lot in his time with the Nets but has a good jumpshot when open and can get past bulkier defenders when he drives. He gets almost no assists though, and mostly rebounds when open, not in traffic, but he's still young

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=6105
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Wizards traded for Yi Jianlian from Nets

i think he'll get plenty of PT here...i like the move
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
Lancerballer21
Serious playground baller

Lancerballer21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
i think he'll get plenty of PT here...i like the move

Me too. it gets us another big man (which we r lacking) for a guard who prob wouldnt have gotten much pt or contributed all that much. I still think we need a veteran big man to mentor mcgee and blatche, but im liking all of our moves so far this offseason.
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:26 AM   #4
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Wizards are having a great offseason- yi for nothing will turn out being a very well looked at trade for washington- I'm not sure blatche is a conventional center but if he shows up all year he and yi could complement each other very well w blatches post game and yi's perimiter game
----
The hinrich + saraphin trade was great also
----
Wiz should s+t foye somewhere(I wish to denver for birdman) - if not its too much of a giveaway of the rubio pick- either a veteran big to join blatche, yi, and mcgee fill the spot they hope saraphin is ready for in 2-3 years or bigger wing
-----
And it still seems like you should move arenas once his value is at where it should be- not a dump but an change in pieces
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
Lancerballer21
Serious playground baller

Lancerballer21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Wizards are having a great offseason- yi for nothing will turn out being a very well looked at trade for washington- I'm not sure blatche is a conventional center but if he shows up all year he and yi could complement each other very well w blatches post game and yi's perimiter game
----
The hinrich + saraphin trade was great also
----
Wiz should s+t foye somewhere(I wish to denver for birdman) - if not its too much of a giveaway of the rubio pick- either a veteran big to join blatche, yi, and mcgee fill the spot they hope saraphin is ready for in 2-3 years or bigger wing
-----
And it still seems like you should move arenas once his value is at where it should be- not a dump but an change in pieces

I actually think that, at least at the beginning the wiz will play blatche at the 4 and mcgee at the 5 and have yi as a backup, unless we get another veteran big man.

I was really hoping that we coulda picked up rudy gay, before he resigned wit the grizzles cause i think that he would have made a great goto guy until Wall developed more and then he couldve became wall's number 2. But that didnt happen. I still think that we need 1 more player (preferably a 2 or 3) that can be clutch, or a defensive stopper and then we will be set.
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:58 PM   #6
gyu
Good college starter

gyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputation

I see Yi playing back up pf as well, Blatche I don't think can handle playing full time center and is better than Yi at the power forward, at least for now.

Good news though, Yi has been dominant in Fiba this off season thus far:
26 points (9/15 shooting) 14 rebounds vs Greece
26 points (9/17 shooting) 9 rebounds vs Cote d'Ivoire

Competition isn't NBA level of course, but still good to hear nonetheless.

Some highlights against Greece:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mthdc9vOicY

Video quality sucks, Yi is number 11.
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerballer21
I actually think that, at least at the beginning the wiz will play blatche at the 4 and mcgee at the 5 and have yi as a backup, unless we get another veteran big man.

I was really hoping that we coulda picked up rudy gay, before he resigned wit the grizzles cause i think that he would have made a great goto guy until Wall developed more and then he couldve became wall's number 2. But that didnt happen. I still think that we need 1 more player (preferably a 2 or 3) that can be clutch, or a defensive stopper and then we will be set.

You gusy would look good with Iggy at the 3. He'd be a great recipient of Wall's passes, as he's an elite finisher. He can also handle if teams trap Wall and he is a defensive stopper.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: