Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-18-2006, 09:51 PM   #1
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Team Needs Analysis

Charlotte Bobcats:

Strengths: The Bobcats have done a nice job in their first 2 years in the league by sticking to their philosophy of building by the draft, and not taking on any silly sized contracts. They have a nice young core of, Raymond Felton, Gerald Wallace and Emeka Okafor. Felton has shown that he can be an allstar point guard in the league.
Weaknesses: The Bobcats really lack a go to scorer. They have excellent defensive players in Okafor and Wallace, but cannot rely on any one of their players to be a go to scorer. Felton has shown glimpses of being a dominant scorer, but I looks best suited to being a distributor in a run and gun offense. The best thing the Bobcats can do this year is pick Adam Morrison at 3, and look for a decent project big man at 50. Brevin Knight is now redundant and the Bobcats could get the Celtics to draft for them at 7 also. They should do nothing in free agency.

3rd Pick: Adam Morrison- Gonzaga
50th pick: Taj Gray- Oklahoma
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:09 PM   #2
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Ced Predicts................

Bobcats to win 30-40 this year with a healthy team and Morrison.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:06 AM   #3
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

I think the Bobcats have to go with Roy or Gay. Gay is better at every aspect of the game except scoring and he has the potential with his build to be a better scorer.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:08 PM   #4
obonpaxis
Decent playground baller

obonpaxis has decent reputation

Adam Morrison? Our franchise player shares his position. We need a two guard. Gay can potentially play as a swingman off the bench (or maybe even start as a SG), but can you imagine Adam Morrison guarding an average NBA 2G? He'd make Wallyworld look like Ron Artest. Roy is the best bet for filling our immediate team needs.
obonpaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:20 PM   #5
obonpaxis
Decent playground baller

obonpaxis has decent reputation

And yeah--I agree we need a go-to scorer, but what kind of daylight would Morrison realistically get playing alongside Wallace? You can't slide Wallace to PF with Okafor, Ely, and May there, and you can't expect your franchise player to play less than 35 minutes per game. You'd have maybe 13-15 minutes left over for Morrison at SF. He certainly won't get any burn at PF or SG.
obonpaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:44 PM   #6
Tap_out_kid
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Tap_out_kid has an OK reputation so far
Default 3 spots filled, 2 to go

It seems to me that the Bobcats are solid at PG (Felton, Knight), PF (Okafor, May) and SF (Wallace, Robinson-potentially J.Jones). The glaring weakness is SG with C not far behind. I am not much of a Brezac fan. I like him OK of the bench for some quick socring, but feel he is too much of a liability on defense to be a starter. The Bobcats should draft Roy to play SG and go after a defensive center through FA and they would get a lot better fast. I think Morrison would also fit into the SG role if drafted and bring a lot of media attention with him. Either way they can't go wrong. The only other option would be move Okafor to C and draft Thomas, giving you an athletic front line of Wallace, Thomas and Okafor. A SG would have to be aquired through F/A if that were to happen.
Tap_out_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:37 PM   #7
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

If Charlotte drafts Morrison or Gay, you'll probably see Gerald Wallace move to shooting guard because he is their best defender. Brandon Roy is a natural 2-guard Charlotte can plug into the starting lineup from day 1. Rudy Gay may be able to play the 2. Morrison can't.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:41 PM   #8
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

I think Randy Foye has to be in this discussion. Foye is tough and can create his own shot as good as or better than Morrison. Morrison's game is make more for college with half court sets. If you want someone NBA ready, you have to go Gay, Foye, or Roy.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:41 AM   #9
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Just looking back..... I called it, your all douches.

Wallace will guard the better wing, there is no need to differentiate between sf and sg. Morrison was the pick, eat it.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:31 AM   #10
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

you didn't call the 50th pick, so deflate your head some.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:32 AM   #11
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
you didn't call the 50th pick, so deflate your head some.

But they chose a big man.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: