Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2010, 07:00 AM   #1
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick
 
BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 5,039
Default If Pierce and Ray leave...

Should we blow it up, and trade KG as well? Theres no way we are a championship team without them. If we could get a shooting 2 and a decent 5 for KG we could keep TA and start him at the 3. If we'd then renounced Bird Rights on everyone else we could get a decent FA for $10m or so. Or do we wait for KG to finish up, and try and rebuild through the draft? I don't know about anyone else but I'd prefer a young, exciting team rather than KG and Rondo struggling into the low playoff positions then losing in the first round
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:49 AM   #2
Lebowski
Sweden Loves the Green
 
Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 464
Default Re: If Pierce and Ray leave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
Should we blow it up, and trade KG as well? Theres no way we are a championship team without them. If we could get a shooting 2 and a decent 5 for KG we could keep TA and start him at the 3. If we'd then renounced Bird Rights on everyone else we could get a decent FA for $10m or so. Or do we wait for KG to finish up, and try and rebuild through the draft? I don't know about anyone else but I'd prefer a young, exciting team rather than KG and Rondo struggling into the low playoff positions then losing in the first round

Damn that 4th quarter, damn it to HELL!

I think we need them both back for another push. If just Ray leaves who will replace him? We wont have any money to sign anyone. And vice versa. I rather have Paul but IMO we need them both. And now I read that rumors say Doc is out of here... no coaches grrrreat ! wtf if kendrick hadnt gone down !=€#"
Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
bluechox
Banned
 
bluechox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 565
Default Re: If Pierce and Ray leave...

one minute a championship team, the next your all talking about blowing it all up
bluechox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:01 AM   #4
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 10,264
Default Re: If Pierce and Ray leave...

Lets wait and see what happens. I think both PP and Ray will be back with the right deals...
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
Lebowski
Sweden Loves the Green
 
Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 464
Default Re: If Pierce and Ray leave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Lets wait and see what happens. I think both PP and Ray will be back with the right deals...

On NBA.com I read that according to Pauls agent he is looking for a 90m deal over 4 years. I mean c'mon. I got nothing but love for PP but that price is just.. out there. What other team will sign him for that?

Edit: I never think someone should be paid that amount to play basketball but that is another story. The only player that should get that kind of money in this years FA is BronBron. Paul gotta be out of his mind.
Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:31 PM   #6
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the year 2525
Posts: 6,978
Default Re: If Pierce and Ray leave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski
On NBA.com I read that according to Pauls agent he is looking for a 90m deal over 4 years. I mean c'mon. I got nothing but love for PP but that price is just.. out there. What other team will sign him for that?

Edit: I never think someone should be paid that amount to play basketball but that is another story. The only player that should get that kind of money in this years FA is BronBron. Paul gotta be out of his mind.

Wow Pierce... Way to take a paycut to contend.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:45 PM   #7
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,529
Default Re: If Pierce and Ray leave...

Like I said a few days ago, Pierce is that kinda dude. He wants to play in his home-town and the Clippers this year seem like the best fit. They've got cap room and he gets to play with one of his best friends, Baron.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:03 PM   #8
Lebowski
Sweden Loves the Green
 
Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 464
Default Re: If Pierce and Ray leave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Like I said a few days ago, Pierce is that kinda dude. He wants to play in his home-town and the Clippers this year seem like the best fit. They've got cap room and he gets to play with one of his best friends, Baron.

Thats a shame. Altho it seems like Doc is staying around. I like that, its a plus that he seems to be popular with players around the league, good for FA hunting.

Lets say that PP leaves. What do you all think about Ray? Should we let him go or try to tie him up? If both stays ill guess we have 0$ to shop for. If they leave we have like around 15m$ correct? That could land some quality.

I hope they both stay in the name of winning for yet another run, with some added pieces ofc!
Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:09 PM   #9
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the year 2525
Posts: 6,978
Default Re: If Pierce and Ray leave...

What is a max 15.5?

If Pierce/Ray/Sheed are outtie, maybe they go for it late and try and sign a big gun?
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:18 PM   #10
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,529
Default Re: If Pierce and Ray leave...

I think if Ray leaves, you could resign PP and KG. That's a good duo I think, still. If PP leaves, blow it up.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:49 PM   #11
Rose
good scorer
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swimming with goldfish
Posts: 36,847
Default Re: If Pierce and Ray leave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
What is a max 15.5?

If Pierce/Ray/Sheed are outtie, maybe they go for it late and try and sign a big gun?

Max depends on how long youre in the league. it's 105% of last contract plus an additional 10% every year
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:37 PM   #12
FlawlessVictory
Serious playground baller
 
FlawlessVictory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 417
Default Re: If Pierce and Ray leave...

Might be time to let Ray go imo.... But I can see Pearce staying.
FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:34 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy