Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-30-2010, 11:13 PM   #91
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Richard Jefferson opts out

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Something has to be up. No way this guy just opts out of 15 million.
I would laugh if the Spurs and him had a verbal agreement then the Spurs reverse-Boozer'd him and told him to GTFO.

This is great news for San Antonio.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:14 PM   #92
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputationThe_Yearning has decent reputation

Richard Jefferson sucks...lmao dude needs a reality check.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:32 PM   #93
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

orlando for the min
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:32 PM   #94
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
I'm not sure I understand. The Spurs have no cap space to get anyone else. So isn't having Richard Jefferson better than NOT having him, even if he's a disappointment? At very least, its an expirer.....
This.

Only stupid people think this is good for the Spurs.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:20 AM   #95
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I would hazard a guess the Spurs will extend RJ at a more reasonable contract money-wise and longer, giving him more money, and allowing the Spurs to sign a free agent via MLE to upgrade the bench.

Say 3 years, $30 million.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:31 AM   #96
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Doesn't this hurt you in your pursuit of Tiago is now you are barely under the cap whereas you had more space in the MLE? Am i wrong in this?
of you are less than the mle under the cap, you can use the mle and the bae (if you have it)
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:31 AM   #97
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan
or they can sign someone and then still use the MLE to sign another player. Being under the cap does not kill your MLE.
you are completely wrong on this. Its either or, not both.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:32 AM   #98
ashbelly
NBA sixth man of the year

ashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this board

good another bum who knows he's worth.
ashbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:19 AM   #99
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
is this possibly some kind of back deal with the spurs to lure one of the big FA?

Exactly what I'm thinking....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:14 AM   #100
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I would laugh if the Spurs and him had a verbal agreement then the Spurs reverse-Boozer'd him and told him to GTFO.

This is great news for San Antonio.

He canīt get more than 15 over 3 years from anybody. Fool is no Dirk or Pierce. Heīs not even Midlev Elexception.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:36 AM   #101
Basketbolero
Local High School Star

Basketbolero has decent reputationBasketbolero has decent reputation

Dude heard Joe Johnson is getting max money and got overexcited
Basketbolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:51 AM   #102
LakersLaLaLand
Local High School Star

LakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this board

Almost as bad as Nomar Garciaparra turning down the Boston Red Sox contract. What an idiot. All those poles to his derriere must be affecting his cognitive skills.
LakersLaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:17 AM   #103
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Exactly what I'm thinking....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

and they are trying to trade parker too right?

Shit is out of control.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:44 AM   #104
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.

He canīt get more than 15 over 3 years from anybody. Fool is no Dirk or Pierce. Heīs not even Midlev Elexception.

I disagree.

That $15 Million was based on his contract he signed when he was a borderline All Star talent with New Jersey competing for a NBA Title. He mentioned several times that playing in San Antonio's system was killing his value as a FA in 2011. He realizes hes a MLE player, but with that big contract people were looking at him as a bad contract rather than a good SF in the right system.

So he gives up 15 Million? He did this to help San Antonio. San Antonio can S&T Jefferson(similar to Toronto with Marion) for Jefferson to get maybe a 5/$40 Million Dollar Deal while San Antonio can bring back some talent as well since they wont have a MLE this season. They weren't going to find any suitors for Jefferson's expirer post-2010 FA Frenzy.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:11 AM   #105
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
The Spurs Organization must have his whole family in a basement held at gunpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
I disagree.

That $15 Million was based on his contract he signed when he was a borderline All Star talent with New Jersey competing for a NBA Title. He mentioned several times that playing in San Antonio's system was killing his value as a FA in 2011. He realizes hes a MLE player, but with that big contract people were looking at him as a bad contract rather than a good SF in the right system.

So he gives up 15 Million? He did this to help San Antonio. San Antonio can S&T Jefferson(similar to Toronto with Marion) for Jefferson to get maybe a 5/$40 Million Dollar Deal while San Antonio can bring back some talent as well since they wont have a MLE this season. They weren't going to find any suitors for Jefferson's expirer post-2010 FA Frenzy.

how will they do this and pay splitter?
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: