Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 07-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
mattevans11
National High School Star

Default Houston next year?

i hear a lot of talking about this team and that team. I really think that houston has a case for top 2 teams in the west... what do you guys think?
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Default Re: Houston next year?

depending of some important things

1. Yao Ming's health/effectiveness - Yao Ming has to come back healthy and stay healthy for the whole season and post season. he also has to come back in the form of "best offensive center" in the nba.

2. Chemistry - offensively and defensively. we already started to see that brooks-martin backcourt can work. now we have to see if martin-yao could work etc.. etc...

3. Development - Brooks has to continue getting better, not just by numbers but as the floor general of the rockets. Jordan Hill/Patrick Patterson has to be able to come off the bench and be solid big men. etc... etc...

if we take a look at our roster we have everything a team needs from starters to backups. 3 shooters, distributors, defenders, slashers, low post scorer, rebounder, etc... it looks like a complete roster.

Brooks/Lowry
Martin/Budinger
Battier/Ariza/Jeffries
Scola/Patterson
Yao/Hill/Hayes

as far as top 2 goes, i haven't seen houston higher than a top 4 seed since the hakeem days and im expecting another year in the western conference with the 2 seed to 9seed all close with many 50+ win teams. so as far as seeding goes i would be surprised if houston comes out the #2 seed.

the NBA is going to be crazy next season. im excited for it to start.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:51 AM   #3
Q.E.C
нυєy

I think the main thing is health. If we stay healthy I can see us being a number 2 team. The west got weaker now that Amare and Boozer have gone to the east, but 2-8 in the west is still easily up for grabs. No one in the west has really made any changes to their roster besides Golden State.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
YouGotServed
Brazil 2014

Houston has a shot at it, of course...but I doubt it. I've been a fan too long and I know it isn't happening. Yao's health is just too much of a gamble. Who was # 2 and 3last year? Phoenix? They lost Stoudemire. Jazz lost Boozer and Korver. Denver? Meh. I expect Oklahoma City, San Antonio, and Portland to get better.
YouGotServed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:02 AM   #5
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotServed
Houston has a shot at it, of course...but I doubt it. I've been a fan too long and I know it isn't happening. Yao's health is just too much of a gamble. Who was # 2 and 3last year? Phoenix? They lost Stoudemire. Jazz lost Boozer and Korver. Denver? Meh. I expect Oklahoma City, San Antonio, and Portland to get better.

Dallas was number 2, and yea I think Oklahoma and Portland will be better. Man things are crazy in the West!
Old 07-15-2010, 01:23 PM   #6
YouGotServed
Brazil 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
Dallas was number 2, and yea I think Oklahoma and Portland will be better. Man things are crazy in the West!

Oh yeah, I forgot about Dallas. I see them going no where with J. Kidd as the starting PG.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:00 PM   #7
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:
Oh yeah, I forgot about Dallas. I see them going no where with J. Kidd as the starting PG.

Really I think Dirk is the problem. My friend said Dirk is the team, and he is, but when Avery was coaching he tried to trade him but Cuban wouldn't allow that. I think Avery was making the right move.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #8
YouGotServed
Brazil 2014

Quote:
Really I think Dirk is the problem. My friend said Dirk is the team, and he is, but when Avery was coaching he tried to trade him but Cuban wouldn't allow that. I think Avery was making the right move.

Not sure if I read this correctly but Dirk is not the problem. If Dallas trades him they become this .500 win team....I just think is the need for a type of low post presence. Dirk has never had one, he's had Dampier, who is useless.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #9
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:
Not sure if I read this correctly but Dirk is not the problem. If Dallas trades him they become this .500 win team....I just think is the need for a type of low post presence. Dirk has never had one, he's had Dampier, who is useless.

Well they traded Dampier for Tyson Chandler, would that help them? Tyson is mainly good for his defense but he can put up some points every now and then.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #10
YouGotServed
Brazil 2014

Quote:
Well they traded Dampier for Tyson Chandler, would that help them? Tyson is mainly good for his defense but he can put up some points every now and then.

Yeah, Chandler is definitely an improvement. He should be able to finish around the basket with ease, unlike Dampier, who lost the ball every time he tried to go up.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:09 AM   #11
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:
Yeah, Chandler is definitely an improvement. He should be able to finish around the basket with ease, unlike Dampier, who lost the ball every time he tried to go up.

lol yea Dampier is pretty terrible. I was hoping we could get Al Jefferson but now he's in Utah. This is bad for Houston.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:37 AM   #12
YouGotServed
Brazil 2014

Quote:
lol yea Dampier is pretty terrible. I was hoping we could get Al Jefferson but now he's in Utah. This is bad for Houston.

Yeah he's with Utah but I don't think he's much of an improvement for them. Boozer was an excellent pick and roll players and was the perfect combo for Deron Williams. I haven't watched Big Al play that much but I heard he had a tough time passing the ball off of double teams.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #13
mattevans11
National High School Star

yeah dallas could get the 2 spot... so could portland.... but either team does not scream "I am better than Houston".

spurs, i really dont see them getting that spot.

dever, i could see a bit, i like the harrington signing

and utah, i anticipate some huge chemistry problems to start the year off.
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:06 PM   #14
Q.E.C
нυєy

IMO Al Jefferson was better than Boozer before that injury he had. He was underrated because of where he was. I remember that 1 game against Houston, he had like 15 points and 11 rebounds in the 1st quarter. If he gets back healthy the way he was the Jazz could be a dangerous team. The thing that makes him good is, he's either to fast for the person who's holding him, or he's too strong for them, and on top of that he can post pretty well and shoot good. I really wanted Houston to get him.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:53 AM   #15
YouGotServed
Brazil 2014

Quote:
IMO Al Jefferson was better than Boozer before that injury he had. He was underrated because of where he was. I remember that 1 game against Houston, he had like 15 points and 11 rebounds in the 1st quarter. If he gets back healthy the way he was the Jazz could be a dangerous team. The thing that makes him good is, he's either to fast for the person who's holding him, or he's too strong for them, and on top of that he can post pretty well and shoot good. I really wanted Houston to get him.

Yeah Al Jefferson is very underrated because of the team he played with. The Timberwolves don't get any national coverage, so unless you have NBA league pass, its kinda hard to catch some games. He is a beast though, I remember he dunked on Yao on one occasion. I was like, damn Yao! Get big
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: