Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
Venja42
Decent playground baller

Default Free Agency Plans & Trade Idea: Phi-Min-NYK

Ok, I hate trade idea threads as much of the next guy but I'm curious as to what the Sixers free agency plans actually are.

Everyone is looking at the big guns this offseason and we're obviously out of the running. There are a few quality players who would qualify for the Sixers MLE if Stefanski is prepared to spend money this offseason.

The urgency isn't really there to spend now to win now. But I think something must be done in order to help build this team.

MLE candidates for me would be Udonis Haslem or Brad Miller. I wouldn't give Miller too many years plus I think he'll end up with a contender. Haslem would be nice if Brand is playing Center and he's fairly consistent. I'd also like to see them bring in another PG to back up Jrue mainly because I don't think Lou should be here any longer. Maybe a veteran like Kevin Ollie (as a 3rd stringer) and a change of pace guy like Patrick Mills (Restricted FA).

My trade idea is this:
PHI trades: Kapono, Speights, Williams
PHI Receives: Al Jefferson, Ramon Sessions

NYK trade: David Lee (S&T)
NYK Receives: Williams, Speights

MIN trades: Jefferson, Sessions
MIN Receives: Lee, Kapono

If Lee signs between $7-$10 Million range, the salaries should work. Gives Sixers a Low-post threat at C and a good back-up PG. Sixers give up Speights' youth for an establish threat in Big Al.

NYK get a speedy PG in Williams who is a threat to score and could flourish in D'Antoni's offense. Speight is a cheap nice young big-man for the Knicks who can hit mid-range jump shots and run the floor.

Minny covets David Lee, get a shooter and move Sessions 3-year contract off the books.

The Knicks would only have $6 Million of salary coming in, so if they are able to bring in the two Max guys, this move should not block them in anyway and is a nice backup plan to bring in a young and fast PG for D'Antoni.

Thoughts?
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: