Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 07-08-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Tyson Chandler

How would you feel if we got Chandler?

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/po...f-beasley-trade

Quote:
The surest way to know that LeBron James-to-Miami is a done deal before LeBron’s official announcement?

If Miami trades away Michael Beasley to create even more salary-cap space before the show starts.

As of noon Thursday, Miami did not have a trade taker for Beasley, after numerous sources said that the Heat – as they’ve been doing for weeks – continued to shop 2008’s No. 2 overall pick with vigor for much of Wednesday.

Yet sources say that a four-team trade scenario was hatched on the eve of LeBron’s hour-long “Decision” special on ESPN that includes Charlotte and Houston and would enable the Raptors to bring them back an asset or two in the wake of Chris Bosh’s departure but also avoid taking back Beasley. Which is believed to be the only sort of sign-and-trade that Toronto would consider.

The proposed deal, sources said, would send Beasley and Rockets forward Jared Jeffries to Charlotte, land Bobcats center Tyson Chandler in Houston and create sufficient cap space for Heat president Pat Riley to offer max-contract money to Wade, Bosh and James.

The Heat and Raptors engaged in discussions for several hours after Bosh and Dwyane Wade announced that they committing to Miami in a package about the various sign-and-trade options. Discussions were serious enough Wednesday night, according to two sources, that Heat officials told Beasley to start preparing to relocate.

One source with knowledge of Toronto’s thinking, however, insists that the four-team trade – which would require Houston to send at least $3.1 million in salary to the Raptors -- is “not happening.” Toronto continues to convey the message that it is a reluctant partner in any deal that makes Bosh’s departure more lucrative.

If the Raptors ultimately consent to a sign-and-trade, Bosh would be able to sign a six-year max deal with the Heat worth nearly $130 million and LeBron and D-Wade would score max deals, too. Toronto, meanwhile, would come away with a very big trade exception and presumably at least one first-round pick … possibly its 2011 first-rounder that was previously dealt to Miami.

But Miami’s lack of options -- with only Beasley and Mario Chalmers officially on the roster on Decision Day – and concerns about Beasley’s off-the-court issues are undeniable stumbling blocks when it comes to any deal.

Such is Miami’s fortune these days, though, that it can offer near-maxes to the three Team USA buddies even without finding a new home for Beasley. The Heat found that out Wednesday night, along with the rest of a grumbling league, when the NBA announced that the salary cap next season will be nearly $2 million higher than anticipated: $58 million as opposed to $56.1 million.

The latest estimates say that James, Wade and Bosh could all sign deals with a first-year salary just under $1 million less than the max if the Heat make no more moves before James’ makes his intentions official. Miami would have to fill out the rest of its roster with minimum-salary players, but the trio’s financial sacrifice would have been more unrealistic if the cap figure didn’t rise. Factor in the lack of state income tax in Florida and the sacrifice shrinks further.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #2
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation
Default Re: Tyson Chandler

definitely not the 2nd option where we send $3.1 million away. Not a lot of details but the breakdown for houston would be trading away Jared Jeffries and getting Tyson Chandler in return. I really liked jeffries last season. from what i saw, he is one of the best man to man defenders in the league, yes i really mean that. i see him guard players from the 2 to 5 position. he can draw charges and he will be a solid contributor off the bench or if an injury comes along. hell i would be confident in starting him. with that said, there's not a lot of 7 footers out there. Chandler is tall and long. he can rebound and block shots and use his body to protect the paint. there isn't a whole bunch of offense in his game other than dunking but he would be a very useful player as a backup center of if the unfortunate happens.

i don't know im kind of torn. i like having the idea of having 3 wing defenders in battier-ariza-jeffries. i guess we could afford to lose 1 of the 3 but i hope not 2 and definitely not battier. iv been hearing too many rumors of battier and ariza getting traded and we can't afford to lose all 3 players. you also gotta factor in that chandler has only played about 100 games the past 2 seasons.

i think i would do the trade. we could really use chandler's height and lenght and for many reasons it's good to have him in the roster.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:08 AM   #3
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Ty Would be a back-up of yao ming or a PF IMO.

But this isnt gonna happen tho..
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Yea I think he would be a good back up so I probably would do the trade, and we still have Budinger at the 3 position as well even though the Rockets might play him as a back up at the 2. I wouldn't start Chandler at the PF position though because Scola does a good job and it would be better having another 7 footer on the court when Yao is getting a breather. We still have David Andersen too but I don't know how effective he will be this year.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: