Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Luc Longley?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Luc Longley?

Kukoc vs Dirk thread... http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=235796
    Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    This comparison is based on talent, not personal achievements. There's nothing that I've seen between the two, that would put dirk that far ahead of kukoc.

You're not fooling anyone, you are extremely biased.

I'm saying longley was better than what some of these people give him credit for. And that the centers he played against were far superior to the centers now.

You can't just say marc gasol is better than longley cuz gasol avg 15 ppg and longley 10. Their roles on their respective teams were different.
    Do you know how insane this reply sounds? I too can say the same BS.

I'm saying that Ramon Sessions is better than what some people give him credit for. And that the point guards he is playing against now are far superior to the point guards of the 90's.

You can't just say Mark Price is better than sessions cuz Price avg 17/8 and sessions 13/6. Their roles on their respective teams were different.

It doesn't mean that if both players are white, tall, european shooters, then they have a comparable game. (Kukoc and Dirk) It's an insult to even just call Dirk a shooter, he's a flat out scorer.

Luc might have the same skillset as MG, but it doesn't mean they have the same skill level. I.E. Luc can pass out of the triangle, MG can pass out of the high post to a backdoor cutting Tony Allen

The poor man's Marc Gasol in a great comparison

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Kukoc vs Dirk thread... http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=235796

You're not fooling anyone, you are extremely biased.
    Im not backing off anything ive said. I resonded to the comment that kukoc was nt in dirks stratopere or something. Thats really pushing it. And i qualified my statement. I dont see what my post about dirk and kukoc proves.

Im not backing off anything ive said. I resonded to the comment that kukoc was nt in dirks stratopere or something. Thats really pushing it. And i qualified my statement. I dont see what my post about dirk and kukoc proves.
    Really?

Dirk - 11 time NBA All-Star
    Kukoc - 0

Dirk - 1 NBA League MVP Award
    Kukoc - 0

Dirk - 11 All-NBA Team selections
    Kukoc - 0

Dirk - 1 Finals MVP Award
    Kukoc - 0

How are these guys on the same level? Oh I forgot, they both played different "roles" for their respective teams.

Do you know how insane this reply sounds? I too can say the same BS.

I'm saying that Ramon Sessions is better than what some people give him credit for. And that the point guards he is playing against now are far superior to the point guards of the 90's.

You can't just say Mark Price is better than sessions cuz Price avg 17/8 and sessions 13/6. Their roles on their respective teams were different.
    Sessions is a good player. But theres nothing ive seen out of him that would put him on mark prices level. Not even statistically. Now if sessions turns in another 5 seasons of 17 and 8 then well talk.

Like i stated earlier, its clear james harden is much better than what hes able to show with the thunder. I think if hes at least a 23-25good ppg scorer with another team and a larger role.

Local High School Star

Pippen is on Magic's level
    Kukoc is on Dirk's level
    Longley is on Marc Gasol's level

i dunno, i mean at some point, isn't this just a little over the top?

Really?

Dirk - 11 time NBA All-Star
    Kukoc - 0

Dirk - 1 NBA League MVP Award
    Kukoc - 0

Dirk - 11 All-NBA Team selections
    Kukoc - 0

Dirk - 1 Finals MVP Award
    Kukoc - 0

How are these guys on the same level? Oh I forgot, they both played different "roles" for their respective teams.
    If were talking about accomplishment, then kukoc has no place in a conversation with dirk. Talent? Thats different. Dirk is top 25. Kukoc is top 150.

Quote Originally Posted by cteach111
    Pippen is on Magic's level
    Kukoc is on Dirk's level
    Longley is on Marc Gasol's level

i dunno, i mean at some point, isn't this just a little over the top?
    Dont listen to him. He doesnt comprehend stuff well. Even more, did you read my posts? Or just his?

Completely mediocre player, who was lucky to play with some of the best players (and coach) in basketball history. Of course that meant he got overrated and overpaid, but he isn't the first big guy that's happened to and Phoenix were desperate for a legit big (I think they were starting old man Hot Rod Williams for large periods the season before).

He was a steal for the Bulls since they only gave up Stacy King for him though. MJ had plenty of nice things to say about that guy.

Great college starter

LoL dude sucked. Can't compare him to Gasol. Dude was slow as ****. LOL someone said he ran the floor great? LOL wtf Is going on. Dude was just a big body. Could hit a shot if he was wide open. Had absolutely no handles, had the worst hands ever, and was always getting shit on. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Completely mediocre player, who was lucky to play with some of the best players (and coach) in basketball history. Of course that meant he got overrated and overpaid, but he isn't the first big guy that's happened to and Phoenix were desperate for a legit big (I think they were starting old man Hot Rod Williams for large periods the season before).

He was a steal for the Bulls since they only gave up Stacy King for him though. MJ had plenty of nice things to say about that guy.
    Funny thing is, theres a vid of longleys highlights and in it, you see jordan passing to him alot.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qO9Z08tA6dw

And he was damaged good by the time he went to phoenix. And retired soon after. He only played in 30 games

I do feel playing alongside jackson, jordan, pippen and rodman, turned him from a certified bust, to a decent center.

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    LoL dude sucked. Can't compare him to Gasol. Dude was slow as ****. LOL someone said he ran the floor great? LOL wtf Is going on. Dude was just a big body. Could hit a shot if he was wide open. Had absolutely no handles, had the worst hands ever, and was always getting shit on. LOL
    Actually, in this vid, you do see him being the recipient of multiple passes on a fastbreak. Not saying he david robinson or anything. But he lumbered

If were talking about accomplishment, then kukoc has no place in a conversation with dirk. Talent? Thats different. Dirk is top 25. Kukoc is top 150.
    Top 25 and top 150 are different levels.

3-time NBA All-Star

I'm saying longley was better than what some of these people give him credit for. And that the centers he played against were far superior to the centers now.

You can't just say marc gasol is better than longley cuz gasol avg 15 ppg and longley 10. Their roles on their respective teams were different.
    I can imagine what Phil said to him "We'd be a better team with better scoring, shotblocking, rebounding, and passing from our center, but we don't need to be a better team so we are not going to expect you to do that." There's a reason certain players' roles are different and it usually has to do with how good of a player they are. Luc Longley's role was to hit an open jumper or layup once in a while, be a big body thats not a defensive liability, and commit fouls that Jordan and Pippen don't have to commit. Is that screaming "all-star" to you like Marc Gasol was this year? Sure, Gasol may have not been an all-star back then but the difference in eras in 15 years isn't that huge to think Gasol wouldn't have still been a top 10 center in the league back then and Longley would've somehow been all-star caliber in this era. Bottom line is Longley's role would've been bigger if he was actually BETTER.
    Last edited by guy; 05-07-2012 at 07:06 PM.