Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #16
idizzle
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,011
Default Re: Speedy Claxton isn't the right point guard for us

I say that Speedy should get ready to take a backseat and be prepared for the new starting point guard that the Hawks might draft or sign. Speedy could be a good point but he stays hurt too much. Seeing that Gilbert Arenas is opting out his contract after next season, wouldn't it be hard to have a backcourt of J.J and Agent Zero but Gil will probably ask for too much to be a Hawk. I really wish the Hawks could get Mo Williams, but I really hope Billy Knight does something smart when June 28 and July 1 come.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:31 PM   #17
frankthetank966
I usually hit open layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 154
Default Re: Speedy Claxton isn't the right point guard for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I like Speedy Claxton and all but he just doesn't seem like the point guard to run the Hawks offense. I still wish the Hawks had drafted Chris Paul or Deron Williams.
Stop *****ing about not drafting those PG's because we all wish we had them but it doesn't help to complain. Sorry man. But I agree with you about Speedy he doesn't fit with the team and they need to dump his ass.
frankthetank966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:02 PM   #18
idizzle
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,011
Default Re: Speedy Claxton isn't the right point guard for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank966
Stop *****ing about not drafting those PG's because we all wish we had them but it doesn't help to complain. Sorry man. But I agree with you about Speedy he doesn't fit with the team and they need to dump his ass.

I'm complaing about that. I was talking about Speedy Claxton taking a backseat and getting ready for whoever the new starting point guard whose coming via draft or signing.

This is what I said.

I say that Speedy should get ready to take a backseat and be prepared for the new starting point guard that the Hawks might draft or sign. Speedy could be a good point but he stays hurt too much. Seeing that Gilbert Arenas is opting out his contract after next season, wouldn't it be hard to have a backcourt of J.J and Agent Zero but Gil will probably ask for too much to be a Hawk. I really wish the Hawks could get Mo Williams, but I really hope Billy Knight does something smart when June 28 and July 1 come.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:13 AM   #19
frankthetank966
I usually hit open layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 154
Default Re: Speedy Claxton isn't the right point guard for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I'm complaing about that. I was talking about Speedy Claxton taking a backseat and getting ready for whoever the new starting point guard whose coming via draft or signing.

This is what I said.

I say that Speedy should get ready to take a backseat and be prepared for the new starting point guard that the Hawks might draft or sign. Speedy could be a good point but he stays hurt too much. Seeing that Gilbert Arenas is opting out his contract after next season, wouldn't it be hard to have a backcourt of J.J and Agent Zero but Gil will probably ask for too much to be a Hawk. I really wish the Hawks could get Mo Williams, but I really hope Billy Knight does something smart when June 28 and July 1 come.
I dont like Mo Williams all that much. I feel as if he just worked his butt off this year since it was his contract year. But if we do get him it would def. make for an interesting draft. We could take Hortford. Have you thought about a sign and trade to washington for gil?
frankthetank966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #20
idizzle
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,011
Default Re: Speedy Claxton isn't the right point guard for us

Man if the Hawks could really get Gilbert Arenas and have him and Joe Johnson together in the backcourt, it would be all over in the Eastern Conference.

PG-Arenas
SG-Johnson
SF-M.Willaims
PF-Smith
C-Zaza
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:39 PM   #21
frankthetank966
I usually hit open layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 154
Default Re: Speedy Claxton isn't the right point guard for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Man if the Hawks could really get Gilbert Arenas and have him and Joe Johnson together in the backcourt, it would be all over in the Eastern Conference.

PG-Arenas
SG-Johnson
SF-M.Willaims
PF-Smith
C-Zaza

And we may have a draft pick but I HIGHLY doubt we would be able to keep them. We could def. make the playoffs.
frankthetank966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:39 AM   #22
idizzle
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,011
Default Re: Speedy Claxton isn't the right point guard for us

I was reading an article on Speedy Claxton and how it was talking about how he went to the doctor about his knee and the doctor was saying his knees were OK and that it wasn't any damage to them and that he will be OK to play basketball and bam his knee cause him most of the season. He finally seen a specialist on his knee and it was a small piece of cartilage tore and he had surgery on it at the end of the season. He was trying to tell the stupid doctors he was still feeling pain and they say nothing ain't wrong and he feeling pain. He went to Candana to the specialist and found the problem. I hope the surgery helps him and that he can be the Speedy of old when he was putting up 12.3ppgs and 4.8 apg when he was with the Hornets. If he can do that he might have a chance. I was hard on Speedy and I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt but if he start playing like trash its going to be time to put Acie to the test.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:42 PM   #23
jbot
Future D1 Dad
 
jbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,073
Default Re: Speedy Claxton isn't the right point guard for us

hey, what ever happened to that dude that played pg 2 seasons ago? he looked like a cross between tyronn lue and josh childress. i think he wore his socks long and had long braids. i can't remember his name. anthony something? i thought he was alright.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:42 PM   #24
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,454
Default Re: Speedy Claxton isn't the right point guard for us

Didn't yall draft Acie Law

the teams young
I saw the kidd in college he's nice give the kid a chance first.


Speedy Barely play'd last yr, how u know he's not the right PT guard?
Yall got plenty of time. Why do some of yall hate Horford before he even steps on the court! How old is Joe Johnson 25, 26 maybe 27 he's only been there 2yrs. Yall got 2 of the best players in the draft and your trying to replace em before the season even starts!
At the worst Speedy's a good back up and there's no one out there unless you want Bibby's huge contract.

Yall should give Acie Law a chance and allow him to grow. There's been to many young pt guards come into the league the last few years and prove themselves not to
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:08 PM   #25
idizzle
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,011
Default Re: Speedy Claxton isn't the right point guard for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
hey, what ever happened to that dude that played pg 2 seasons ago? he looked like a cross between tyronn lue and josh childress. i think he wore his socks long and had long braids. i can't remember his name. anthony something? i thought he was alright.

Anthony Grundy
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy