Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > WNBA Forum

WNBA Forum WNBA Forum, Women's Basketball Forum - WNBA message board

Old 07-01-2009, 04:28 AM   #1
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default This article I read by Jenny Keflan's high school coach

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 07-08-2009 at 05:04 AM.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:38 AM   #2
Wreck Shop
Peep this

Wreck Shop has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: This article I read by Jenny Keflan's high school coach

Last edited by Wreck Shop : 07-08-2009 at 05:09 AM.
Wreck Shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:58 AM   #3
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
it can be hard when you think you're going to play for someone and then that changes. coach's are a big part of a female athlete's development.
you're a fool, are you trying to say that females need more coaching than males do you ignorant POS?

I have not listened to this last one yet, you say there were 10 callers and it caused lolz? I will give it a listen tomorrow to and see if I can come up with some pranks...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:08 AM   #4
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The coach has got to do what's best for him and his family. Accepting a better job is the right choice. But it is a shame to see him leave a lower school, that he was obviously a big part of.

I won't be able to call in, I live in the UK, so for starters it will be early in the morning over here and secondly, how much would it even cost for me to make a call like that? I don't know, but I'm not interested in finding out. If I was in the states, I would be 100% on board with this, but since I am a limey brit, I won't be able to participate. Do they record it? If so, I'll definitly listen after.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:12 AM   #5
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I realize how sexist that sounds and I guess you're right, i've just always felt that females need the emotional crutch that a coach provides more than boys do. Alls I know is that this guy who coached Keflan seems like a real class act

females by nature require more emotional support. that's where the role of the coach comes in. he can nurture and direct their pubescent, blossoming frames... really show them the ins and outs of post positioning.

so i think i can probably get more than a few friends to help me out with this. if i can't, i'm going to generate at least 3-4 different personalities and call in with those. i may give myself away with my accent, though... it's not that broad, but broad enough to be distinguishable from most of you guys (kebab may have the same problem).

i just need to know whether i can use skype or whether i have to call in using my phone. if so, i'll get an international calling card. i'd advise kebab to do the same. they're cheap, and mean that you can make these calls pretty damn cheaply. kebab, it'd cost you a couple of quid max
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:14 AM   #6
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I read this amazing article the other day that I can't find to link to you but it was by Jenny Keflan's high school coach and it was just so inpirational that I wanted to paraphrase and share some of what was said.

Dear Keflan Family,

When I came to your town, my hope was to coach here until I retired. While that isn’t able to happen, I will always cherish my seven years on the Farm.

As many of you have probably heard, I have accepted the head coaching job at Louisiana State University. Before I am off to my new home, I wanted to share a few things with you:

I believe in your town.

I believe in the University. I have always thought that the professors trying to cure cancer or solve major world issues would be more important than the basketball coach. Your town is much bigger than one person and particularly when that person is some guy who gets to coach basketball for a living.

I believe in your town Basketball. One of the first things I did when I became the head coach at your town's high school was to try to reinvigorate the basketball alumni—which I think we did. We had record attendance at our first ever alumni weekend in 2005. I was very excited about the big event in the works for this September. I was proud to be able to continue and, thankfully I believe, add to the program’s tradition.

I believe in your town's student athletes. I have never been around a more impressive group of young men and women. I have always tried to surround myself with the best people possible. Specifically, I can honestly say I am better individual and coach because of this group of young women. I want to thank our players–and our staff–for making my job easy.

Your town's community has been incredibly gracious to my family and me. During my time as an assistant and most recently as head coach, the fans have been great supporters of our program. I will miss the many friends I made here.

I also want to give a big plug–and a big thanks–to the 6th Man Club. You guys made Maples an absolutely brutal place to play for our opponents. You were fantastic supporters of our players and our program. Also, I always enjoyed the post season dinners with 6th Man members—you guys helped keep my job fun.

There are too many people for me to name that have made my time here extra special and are responsible for our success, but I am confident that they know who they are. Thank you.

Just know that I will always be cheering for the Cardinal—and I wouldn’t mind if you did a little cheering for the Tigers either.

Thank you again for a wonderful seven years and the opportunity to be a part of something so special.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/DrGoodnight-
Warmest Regards,

Coach J

That is a truly great article and the message behind it is as solid and as sincerely terrific as any I have read in a long time (which is saying something).

I'm thinking of making several calls... Some with my own voice and characters and some funny soundboards that are out there. This should be a hell of a lot of fun. I have to remind myself, though. Everyone that participates in this thread should be sent PMs a couple of hours before the show, just as a reminder. I'll help with that. Great idea.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 07-01-2009 at 05:16 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:14 AM   #7
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
i hate too much mushy poo tear jerker stuff in sports but this one hit home for whatever reason. This Victor Hugo Quote had been my favorite until i read that. So refreshing and reassuring to hear a man talk like that so close to july 4th.

Indiana went to class basketball in the mid 90s, want to say 95, and it completely destroyed the aura. My alma mater won the first ever state title and hasn't reached the promised land since, but the girl's team went out and went something like 28-2 this past season. It was absolutely astounding to see the revival of our fairly small town's rooting section. Felt like one of those old timers reliving the good ole days. It may not be entertaining to most, but I completely support the title 9 effort, especially when it results in the scenario like that.

Above is a true story BTW, **** was beautiful. I will absolutely partake. I plan on playing up Charlie as Rocky scenario, an unknown reaching the pinnacle of his field, the great white hope. After all, in these struggling economic times the common working man must find a man to rally behind.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:59 PM   #8
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the main thing we can agree on is that coach j is a pinnacle of society; one that will be sorely missed by cardinals

if kebab is out, is there anyone else you guys can think of that we can replace him with?
Old 07-01-2009, 07:10 PM   #9
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtetris
the main thing we can agree on is that coach j is a pinnacle of society; one that will be sorely missed by cardinals

No doubt. Her impact will be felt for generations.

I'm not sure I remember him partaking in any of the threads, but statman seems like a good candidate for this type of thing.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:16 PM   #10
Wreck Shop
Peep this

Old 07-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #11
Wreck Shop
Peep this

Old 07-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #12
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

who all is calling?
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #13
Wreck Shop
Peep this

Last edited by Wreck Shop : 07-08-2009 at 05:10 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:30 AM   #14
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

i'm gunna be working tomorrow, so i may or may not be able to call depending on my workload. someone hit me with a PM when the sh*t is going down (start of the show), and i'll try to make a call.

i was thinking of being a psychic who sees big things in zelenoff's future (the big leagues), and also knows about nick powers'/sherpakovski's/zakman's sordid homosexual past at college. those late nights in the dorm got awfully heated
Old 07-07-2009, 08:07 AM   #15
Wreck Shop
Peep this

Last edited by Wreck Shop : 07-08-2009 at 05:10 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: