Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 07-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #16
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation
Default Re: David Lee to GSW @ 5yrs $65 mil

The Warriors and Knicks have an agreement in place to do a sign-and-trade deal that will send David Lee to Golden State for Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike.

-rotoworld

Lee is going to blow up in GS. too bad all of his haters will keep saying he has nobody else when he leads the league in double doubles again. Lee is a BEAST
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
Lee for 65 million is a bargain. Statistically the guy is on the same level as Stoudemire but 35 million cheaper, younger and without the injury issues. In a season of ridiculous idiotic spending(see Outlaw, Salmons and more), Lee is a true bargain.

Whether or not he'll be a good fit with the Warriors is something else altogether but I don't see the issue here.

Amare is better than David Lee.
Amare and David Lee are both 27
This proposed deal is not a bargin. That would suggest David Lee was worth more. He's not.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:36 PM   #18
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
The Warriors and Knicks have an agreement in place to do a sign-and-trade deal that will send David Lee to Golden State for Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike.

-rotoworld

Lee is going to blow up in GS. too bad all of his haters will keep saying he has nobody else when he leads the league in double doubles again. Lee is a BEAST

WOW. Warriors got raped. Anthony Randolph has the potential to be the PF version of prime Tracy Macgrady.

Azubuike is great for the dantoni system. Turiaf is trash but still good trade for the Knicks
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:36 PM   #19
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
This is still pending Lebron's decision tonight.

Plus 1.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #20
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
Lee for 65 million is a bargain. Statistically the guy is on the same level as Stoudemire but 35 million cheaper, younger and without the injury issues. In a season of ridiculous idiotic spending(see Outlaw, Salmons and more), Lee is a true bargain.

Whether or not he'll be a good fit with the Warriors is something else altogether but I don't see the issue here.

The Warriors are about to be under new ownership, and the new owner is interested in WINNING. The run n gun days are about to be over... and we are going to sign a guy who thrives in the run n gun system to a 5 year deal?

Doesn't make any sense to me. In fact, it doesn't make sense that the current owner would be looking to sign ANY long term deals (without moving another long term deal like Monta or Biedrins) in the process of selling the team.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #21
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
WOW. Warriors got raped. Anthony Randolph has the potential to be the PF version of prime Tracy Macgrady.

Azubuike is great for the dantoni system. Turiaf is trash but still good trade for the Knicks

yeah but he's a injury prone *****. i agree with Azubuike. Turiaf isn't terrible but not great either.

still think Lee is going to prove all of his haters/doubters wrong eventually....
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #22
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Unless we move Biedrins this is a terrible move.
Denver?
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #23
Reverend Hoops
Decent college freshman

Reverend Hoops has decent reputationReverend Hoops has decent reputation

Randolph has the potential to be a 18 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 blocks, 2 steals guy in New York.

Scary athletic frontcourt with Amare and Randolph.
Reverend Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #24
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That would be a great deal for New York. If they can get Bron they will be sick to watch.

Bron
Azubuike
Gallinari
Amare
Randolph

People can hate on No D Antoni all they want, but for a start that are 55-60 wins right there with a young roster.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #25
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Oh no here we go with the "potential" talks.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:51 PM   #26
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

i like this SandT by the knicks.

sure they're losing a quality big man Lee, but they're getting 2 typical "d'antoni" guys in return. azubuike and randolph can be an instant part of the offense right away.

i'm actually excited about randolph finally getting a chance to show his full potential with the knicks. he can do a lot of damage in the east with his length.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:51 PM   #27
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

And still we have no PG. What good is signing a finisher (Amare), if there's no one to get him the ball. He can't create for himself efficiently. I would've rather the Knicks have kept Lee and sign some pieces around him than Amare.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #28
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If this is true: Great asset for the Warriors. Fuck the Eastern Conference and their team Diva, I wanna see what happens in the Western Conference!
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:54 PM   #29
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Whatever peices NY gets in return for David Lee is a great peice. I like how they have their insurance plans set if they dont get LeBron
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:55 PM   #30
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpwned
Anyone think this move is good enough to help them make a push at San Antonio's playoff spot?

rofl? Spurs will be 2-5 seed next year.

Suns and Jazz are the teams that have dropped off. Spurs have the same team, only more health, a new shooter, and getting another big man. Their team will be improved. . .and won 50 games last season with tons of injuries. I'm tired of dumb fans trashing SA. They're still one of the top 8 teams in the NBA easily. I have them ranked in the 4-6 area for power ranking right now.

Barely any teams have enough to say "We're better than SA". Lakers, Magic, Celtics (who I feel Spurs are equal to anyway). Arguably Portland with a chance to be better if Oden can stay healthy. Nobody else can say they're any better than "maybe equal under best circumstances".
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: