Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 07-09-2010, 06:53 AM   #16
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Dear Cleveland Cavaliers Fans

Personally I think he made a mistake, and not just because I obviously wanted him to stay in Cleveland.

Noone is going to be impressed if he wins a title on that Heat team, he's expected to, hell he's expected to win several. Where's the glory in that ?

That said I don't hate the guy, and I certainly won't be burning any jerseys or even booing him, I'll just be disappointed that he wasn't the man I hoped he was.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:01 AM   #17
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cavs fans are the coolest. I am still going to support the team even though my favorite NBA player signed on another NBA Team. I pray to God that you draft Harrison Barnes next year.

Big Ticket, Redblackattack, B-Low, Meticode, Gibson#1, Matthius, CavsLeBronmo, Cannonball, Bail. FCN, Delonte_West ( The poster), Sonic, Pleezebelieve, and Black Joker You guys are some of the best, nicest and funniest posters in this forum.

It was a very memorable 7 years. I hope LeBron only sign a 3 year contract with the Heat, and resign with the Cavaliers in 2013.

God Bless the Cavs. I am sure LeBron would return to Cleveland someday.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 07-09-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:36 AM   #18
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Just my two cents, here I go.

LeBron's dead to me. I hope he gets eaten by a velociraptor. Edit: I hope he gets eaten by Chris Bosh.

I've liked the cavs since I was 10, before he came, I'll still like them even though they'll have a Pittsburgh Pirates-esque record.

At the end of the day, he can't be compared to Michael Jordan by going to the heat. Jordan had Pippen, .sure, but this trio is dirty. Jordan didn't need to swap teams to win a championship. Yeah, he wants to win, I respect that, but even if he gets six rings down in South Beach, it just won't be the same.

Everyone will now like the Heat like everyone jumps on the Yankees. Hooray bandwagon. Hooray.

Also, the Heat better get a bench, if one of those three studs go down, I still like the deep LA lakers to beat them in a final without question.

We gotta stick it out as a fan base. We're not completely dead like New Jersey but we're in definite rebuilding mode. It could be a long couple years here in the east especially if Carmelo signs with the Knicks along with Tony Parker.

Any rumors with any free agents Cleveland's NOW pursuing? I've been so involved at work that I've hardly had any time to think about anything.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:46 AM   #19
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Cavs fans are the coolest. I am still going to support the team even though my favorite NBA player signed on another NBA Team. I pray to God that you draft Harrison Barnes next year.

Big Ticket, Redblackattack, B-Low, Meticode, Gibson#1, Matthius, CavsLeBronmo, Cannonball, Bail. FCN, Delonte_West ( The poster), Sonic, Pleezebelieve, and Black Joker You guys are some of the best, nicest and funniest posters in this forum.

It was a very memorable 7 years. I hope LeBron only sign a 3 year contract with the Heat, and resign with the Cavaliers in 2013.

I don't think Cleveland wants him back unless he apologized or something to that effect. Hell I wouldn't of been surprised if riots started because of his decision because of how much most of the city hates him now. Now "the Chosen One" goes to Miami with two top 10 players. That in itself kind of downplays "Chosen" status.

Last edited by Meticode : 07-09-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:20 AM   #20
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cavs fans keep your heads up, in 98 I saw my Bulls fall apart with players traded away/retiring. Going from Champions to scrubs within a few months. One thing that is vital in sports is to know that no player is bigger then a team. Lebron is not bigger than the Cavs and never will be. Cavs will be back and quicker then you may think. Byron brings out the best in his players!
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #21
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I feel for Cleveland fans all across ISH, but as good as a team the Cavaliers were, they were not going to win the championship, mainly due to a not so good GM in Danny Ferry but LeBron should have recruited Chris Bosh or Wade to Cleveland instead of piggy backing on a stacked team.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #22
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

Lakers fan here, even thought I was hoping for Lebron to bail just to see all the so called Cavs fans disapear cause they realized they were rooting for a man instead of a team. But I felt something I wasn't expecting, I felt really sad for the real Cavs fans. That was just wrong you guys gave him everything a Star would want from his fans, even when he wore a Yankee hat in your stadium even accepted him as a Cowboys fan. For him to that to you. It's just wrong. He's going to regret it when he see's that you guys traded for a star for nothing. Keep your head up and stay classy.

Don't foget after a dark night, theres a bright day!

Last edited by G-Funk : 07-09-2010 at 01:41 PM.
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:16 PM   #23
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Can't blame the guy for making a decision, even though it's not the one we were hoping for.
I just wish he didn't bs all year long and saying stuff like 'Not going untill I bring a championship in Cleveland" etc...that pissed me off.

Fuck it, I'll keep on rooting for the Cavs. Gained so much respect for the City, and what's it been through Sports-History wise, even though I live in Europe.
Still believe Cavs can make something happen.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:07 PM   #24
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I truly hope the Cavs have a better season than the Heat next season! That would just be awesome given how classless Lebron was with the way he handled his "decision." Leringchaser lost my respect.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:58 AM   #25
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hey Cavs fans, as a Knicks fan who also didn't get LeBitch, I do understand how you guys feel.

He did it as classless as a player could. To make matters worse, most of the better fa's have signed with other teams.

LeBitch knew what he was doing though. Keep your heads up.

He will be a target his whole career now.

peace out

Knickscity----Knicks Board mod.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:49 AM   #26
AK47DR91

Cleveland deserved better than that. You guys help build his "brand," you guys help made him a "King," you guys help made him millions and he just dump you all like that on national TV. Classless and gutless!

I hope he is "cursed" and tarnished forever, even if he gets ring or whatever.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #27
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He may go on to win a title in Miami (or elsewhere), but it won't nearly have the same impact as winning a title in Cleveland would have had. If he had delivered here, in his hometown, in front of the fans that poured their emotional investment into him from day 1.......it would have meant SO much to this region. Now? As a sidekick in a non-bball community like Miami, he has forever cheapened his brand, his career, and his potential "title impact."

In this state, with not much to cheer for, and with a struggling economy......he sure let a lot of people down.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #28
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
He may go on to win a title in Miami (or elsewhere), but it won't nearly have the same impact as winning a title in Cleveland would have had. If he had delivered here, in his hometown, in front of the fans that poured their emotional investment into him from day 1.......it would have meant SO much to this region. Now? As a sidekick in a non-bball community like Miami, he has forever cheapened his brand, his career, and his potential "title impact."

In this state, with not much to cheer for, and with a struggling economy......he sure let a lot of people down.
There's been rumors Big Z could sign with Miami. Someone said the first Miami @ Cavs game the Cavs should retire Z's number in front of LeBron and never retire Z's number.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:45 AM   #29
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23

LeBron James should never be allowed to wear a Cleveland uniform again. It is obvious that, while he was a fantastic player for seven years, he was also a major headache and he made zero attempts to lure any other big-name players here.

This was a tweet by Brian Windhorst a few hours ago and I can't help but to be somewhat re-infuriated...

Western Conference executive: "LeBron has done more recruiting in the last five days than he did in the last 3 years."

http://twitter.com/pdcavsinsider

It's obvious to me, in retrospect, that he always had his eye on making a move like this and never really intended on building a legacy here.

That said, I can't blame you, LB23. LeBron is your guy and at least you admit that you only really cheered for the Cavs because James was on the team. That is more than I can say for the majority of Cavs' bandwagoners I have seen come and go over the years.

Whatever the case, this thread made me smile. I'm glad to see that our outrage doesn't just exist in a Northeast Ohio bubble. The fact that so many others also took note of how badly James treated a city that didn't deserve it makes it hurt a little less.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:53 AM   #30
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisk
Can't blame the guy for making a decision, even though it's not the one we were hoping for.
I just wish he didn't bs all year long and saying stuff like 'Not going untill I bring a championship in Cleveland" etc...that pissed me off.

Fuck it, I'll keep on rooting for the Cavs. Gained so much respect for the City, and what's it been through Sports-History wise, even though I live in Europe.
Still believe Cavs can make something happen.
That isn't even the part that angers me the most. The worst thing of all is that James put on this whole charade and acted as though we were the 'front-runners' (he even said so in multiple interviews) knowing that he wasn't going to re-sign.

This Wade-Bosh-James thing has been in the works for some time.

So, Gilbert -- thinking that he had to make moves to attempt to appease LeBron and sway him to re-sign -- basically gutted what was a pretty well-established organization/system.

We fired our coach, which was not necessarily a bad move, but I do believe that Brown never received the credit that he deserved. Our GM quit due to Brown's firing. The entire coaching staff will be replaced.

On top of it all, we have made zero personnel moves. If he would have gone to Gilbert at the beginning of the FA process and told him that he was leaning toward leaving, things may have been completely different. We could have worked for a better S&T and had more leverage. Plus, we would have had time and a lot of extra space to make a good move to upgrade the roster and build for the future.

Instead, by stringing us along, James left the entire organization in ruins and, here we stand... Without a single roster move except the departure of LeBron.

SMFH

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 07-13-2010 at 02:55 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: