Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-17-2006, 09:54 AM   #1
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.
Default Please, nobody ever brag about Cham no more

Looking at what Wierd Al Yankovic can do over a Chamillionaire beat, I wonder how anyone can take Cham seriously...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw

And Al is the sh*t, check out his Amish Paradise cover of Coolio as well...
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:09 AM   #2
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Honestly White and Nerdy might be the best lyrical rap song of the past year lol...and im not even being sarcastic. Everything made sense and had a purpose...
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:38 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Yeah. I remember when BringEmOut was worshipping Cham on the old board. Wonder where he is now. Weird Al made a good parody to this, much better than the original version.

He needs to do something with that Yung Joc song "It's Goin Down". That one's equally as annoying.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:41 PM   #4
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Cham songs are terrible. I downloaded his album because I thought "Riding Dirty" was pretty good song, and now I seriously detest him. Seriously, his album is stupid and I can't believe he sold so many of them.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:24 PM   #5
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Chamillionaire's song "Void In My Life" is pretty decent.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:51 PM   #6
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Are yall idiots? Weird Al's whole flow and style was based off the original song. It's not exactly mindboggling when hes done the same thing except change the lyrics. Now if he used the beat and did an original song, that would be something to lose your nut over. I love his version but best lyrical rap of the year? You must only watch MTV if you think that was the best lyrical rap of the year.

And Cham is one of the best lyricist out of the south. Cham said himself that he had to dumb down his lyrics so more people could understand him and to sell more records. Obviously, it worked. But I'm guessing yall never heard his stuff before his album drop. Like most artist, the material before they got a major deal is always their best work. Same thing with Cham. If you've only heard Cham from his album, go back and check out his old stuff like Mixtape Messiah or his mixtapes with the Color Changing Click or even further back, the Swisha House. I agree that his major album isn't that good, better than most mainstream, but he straight murdered the mic on his old stuff.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:57 PM   #7
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Cham said himself that he had to dumb down his lyrics so more people could understand him and to sell more records.
That statement right there showed me that he's no different that 50 cent, just another wannabe sellout rapper who wants all glory. It's not about the music or the message to him, it's about money and fame.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:25 PM   #8
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
That statement right there showed me that he's no different that 50 cent, just another wannabe sellout rapper who wants all glory. It's not about the music or the message to him, it's about money and fame.

WTF? So you are going to knock a guy who wants to take care of himself and his family finacially? Funny thing is, if Cham stayed with his original style, he wouldn't have sold as much and then you'd be in here saying, "HAHA, CHAM SUCKS. HE FLOPPED!" Difference with him and 50, 50 was never lyrical and was always trash.

Cham was undergound for a very long time, so don't even try to say its not about the music. He even did FREE SHOWS for his fans, and this was before the major deal. Dude even use to post on his own message board while he was still coming up. If that isn't dedication to his fans and music, then what is? Because I ain't never seen any other rapper, famous or not, actually give back to his fans by interacting with them via internet or anything else. Don't speak on an artist if you know nothing about that person.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 04:55 PM   #9
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Yeah. He WAS about the music and the fans, but in order to SELL MORE RECORDS he changed his lyrics. Sounds more like he became self-centered. He sounded like he was happy and doing fine when he was making HIS OWN music, not dumbing it down to America's level.

If he was truly about the music, not the fame, he wouldn't have changed his lyrics, he would've kept them the same because it's the same message. That's all I was saying.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: