Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-17-2006, 07:59 PM   #136
Nowitzki41MFFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Obviously gears of wars will look better than any current ps3 game, they had a longer time for development and maximizing the power of the system.

true, plsu the PS3 is very hard to develope for, its not a secret. Once they figure it out it could be amazing in 2 years.

edit: are you serious about its not a binding contract with a reserve? never heard of that
Old 11-17-2006, 08:07 PM   #137
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Any of you played Ps3 yet, if so how is it?
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:10 PM   #138
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

I waited in the freezing rain with my grandma for two weeks, and we bought two of them that we were going to give to my brother and his friend, but then I found somebody who was willing to give me $35 over the suggested retail price for both of them, so we sold them and made a quick profit. I was thinking of going to down to the mall to spend my $35 (my grandma let me have all of it - she's already totally rich) and maybe pick up some chicks and get laid. I have like 4 hot chicks that want to get down with me - I usually just make out with them, but I'm thinking if I see them at the mall I'll go all the way. They're all totally hot, I'll post pictures later. Alright, well I don't have time to be on the message board anymore tonight, I'm going to go spend some cash!!

adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:10 PM   #139
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki41MFFL
edit: are you serious about its not a binding contract with a reserve? never heard of that

Yes because if a reserve price isn't met, it isn't suppose to be sold. Because Ebay won't make anything from final value fees. And reserve are meant for scarce items that have little hype. Reserve and ps3 are a no-no.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:11 PM   #140
Nowitzki41MFFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Yes because if a reserve price isn't met, it isn't suppose to be sold. Because Ebay won't make anything from final value fees.

oh ok, guess I better lower that lol.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:14 PM   #141
Nowitzki41MFFL

So you dont think they will be high right before christmas time?
Old 11-17-2006, 08:16 PM   #142
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Definitely not. Price has been dropping since earlier this morning. By christmas I really believe they'll go for 1200 tops, probably lower.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:19 PM   #143
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

They will be high, only 200,000 of them have been shipped to North America...Sony will use Xmas time to their advantage and keep the prices high...since they don't know when the next shipment will be coming to North America they will keep the prices high...especially since they know so many people will be wanting a Ps3...mainly the rich folks, they'll spend 800 on the system no problem.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:22 PM   #144
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.nbc10.com/money/10339519/detail.html
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:23 PM   #145
Nowitzki41MFFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Old 11-17-2006, 08:59 PM   #146
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I went with two friends and I got two of them. We had three spots in line and sold one of our tickets for 1000 cash...no game or anything...just the ticket to be in line. We also plan on selling the two that we did get. I feel kind of bad, the people behind us had to settle for the 20 gb but they actually wanted to play them. We however, didn't even know PS3 was coming out until about 4 days ago.

Hopefully both of them go around 2 grand.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:13 PM   #147
Chuck Norris
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Chuck Norris has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki41MFFL
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1346&rd=1&rd=1

go bid on my PS3, starting bid is $1, reserve is 3,000 but I will sell if it reaches 2,000

Why did it end?
Chuck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:59 PM   #148
Nowitzki41MFFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris
Why did it end?

I can now do buy it now, I set it at 2,000

the PS3 isnt gettign great reviews, so im hopinh I can get 2k, oh well, all I was hoping for 3 days ago was around 1500, but that figure got out of whack with the inflation this morning.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:22 PM   #149
j3ffr3yc
I airball my layups

j3ffr3yc is a pretty well-respected posterj3ffr3yc is a pretty well-respected posterj3ffr3yc is a pretty well-respected posterj3ffr3yc is a pretty well-respected poster

I wonder if Sony really has this little amount of units to sell. A few months ago, there were worries of problems with the machine, the steep cost, and how it was just a PS2 with better graphics. Now, everyone wants one, and in a few months, the $600 price tag doesn't sound so bad after all, compared with that its going for on EBay. Could this be just a brilliant marketting ploy by Sony?
j3ffr3yc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:47 PM   #150
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

jesus christ
Quote:
On Friday, hundreds of new PS3 owners made their own profit by reselling their $600 machines on Internet auction site eBay Inc. <EBAY.O>. As of midday, 564 had sold for an average price of $2,711, and 2,037 more units were on offer, according to eBay Marketplace Research. Outlying bids reached $30,000.

dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: