Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-17-2006, 03:47 PM   #61
Nowitzki41MFFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
lol i'm sorry but i'm gonna laugh you off the face of the earth if no one sees your auction and the winning bid ends up at like $2

reserve is 3,000, meaning that im protected if it sells for a low price. I have the option of relisting or selling if it fails to reach 3,000.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:48 PM   #62
Nowitzki41MFFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
People who purposely buy systems just to rip people off to make a quick buck are lame human beings. Shame the gamers who enjoy playing them cant get one because some money hungry prick wants to sell it on ebay to make a profit.

Im a huge gamer, I did it so I could afford to get a PS3 for myself in March , plus I need some money for college.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:49 PM   #63
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

MFFL who **** on the ground by your tent? Was there no place to take a dump?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:49 PM   #64
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

The waiting, the outrageous prices, just the sheer nerdery of it is all part of the fun. It makes me happy to know that I'm not the only one who takes gaming this seriously. Rock on guys!
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:50 PM   #65
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki41MFFL
Im a huge gamer, I did it so I could afford to get a PS3 for myself in March , plus I need some money for college.

Sure whatever you say doughboy (your hand suggests your overweight)
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:51 PM   #66
Nowitzki41MFFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
MFFL who **** on the ground by your tent? Was there no place to take a dump?

heh, that is actually hot chocolate. and yes, everyone was really cool, no riots or fighting. Once 26 people got there we watched each others back. People went home on the 2nd day and took showers and got in a few hours of sleep at home.

The line started at 6pm Wednesday and was full by 9:30pm on Wednesday. I was 4th and waited 38 hours.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:52 PM   #67
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Rick
The waiting, the outrageous prices, just the sheer nerdery of it is all part of the fun. It makes me happy to know that I'm not the only one who takes gaming this seriously. Rock on guys!

Just shows where some peoples priorities in life are. Sad
Old 11-17-2006, 03:52 PM   #68
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They do more than suggest it. But everythings bigger in texas.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:53 PM   #69
Nowitzki41MFFL

Quote:

yup I am, you gotta problem or are you gonna resort to name calling and continue to become the internet message board bully?
Old 11-17-2006, 03:53 PM   #70
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

haha, and I see where you're coming from GOBB.

If people could be decent humans and not try to make profit off other people. (that sounds jumbled...... damn early morning)

Cause and affect. E.g.

Mental Midget is cause, and creates the affect. If he just left it, didn't buy one, then that's one less douche buying a PS3 and jacking up the price for real fans.

If my kid was pressuring me for one I'd never buy them one, well if I had a kid.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #71
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki41MFFL
yup I am, you gotta problem or are you gonna resort to name calling and continue to become the internet message board bully?

I'l continue being a bully exposing how silly your adventure was. 38hrs for a game system? Why couldnt you put this much energy, persistance, devotion and dedication into shopping yourself to land a job or two?
Old 11-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #72
Nowitzki41MFFL

This is the way I see it, Some rich douche bag is paying me for the 38 hours I sat out in the freezing cold for their PS3. You have to be a serious fan too spend 3k on it.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #73
Nowitzki41MFFL

Quote:
I'l continue being a bully exposing how silly your adventure was. 38hrs for a game system? Why couldnt you put this much energy, persistance, devotion and dedication into shopping yourself to land a job or two?

not for the game system, for the $$$
Old 11-17-2006, 03:58 PM   #74
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

More support for how silly this has become...

Wal-Mart accuses ex-senator of cutting in line for PS3

Former Sen. John Edwards says a volunteer
was trying to get a PlayStation 3 for himself,
not Edwards' children

AP) -- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. said Thursday that a staff member for former Sen. John Edwards -- a vocal critic of the retailer -- asked his local Wal-Mart store for help in getting the potential 2008 presidential candidate a Sony PlayStation 3. Edwards said a volunteer did so by mistake.
Edwards said that the volunteer "feels terrible" about seeking the game unit at Wal-Mart a day after his boss criticized the company, saying it doesn't treat its employees fairly.
"My wife, Elizabeth, wanted to get a PlayStation 3 for my young children. She mentioned it in front of one of my staff people," Edwards said. "That staff person mentioned it in front of a volunteer who said he would make an effort to get one. He was making an effort to go get one for himself. (Watch a stampede erupt at a PS3 release in Wisconsin -- 1:05 )
"Elizabeth and I knew nothing about this. He feels terrible about this. He made a mistake, and he knows he should not have used my name," Edwards said.
Edwards said the volunteer was "a young kid" unaware of what he called flawed Wal-Mart policies. He called the Wal-Mart statement an effort to divert attention from its own problems.
After Wal-Mart this summer hired Edelman executive Leslie Dach as its public relations director and put him on the company's executive team, analysts said the retailer would likely become more aggressive toward its critics.
Wal-Mart had noted in a news release Thursday that on the same day Edwards was criticizing the company in a conference call with union-backed activists, the volunteer staff member had asked a Raleigh, North Carolina, electronics department manager to obtain a PS3 for the ex-senator's family.
From Wal-Mart headquarters in Bentonville, Arkansas, company spokesman David Tovar said the person who called left a voicemail at the Raleigh store and identified himself as an Edwards staff member. When the manager returned the call, the staff member again identified himself as working for Edwards, and Wal-Mart said it confirmed that with Edwards' office.
The retailer's news release accused Edwards of not wanting to wait his turn.
"While the rest of America's working families are waiting patiently in line, Senator Edwards wants to cut to the front," the Wal-Mart statement said. (See how gamers across the country waited)
The PlayStation 3 console is set to go on sale Friday.
Edwards, the Democrats' vice presidential candidate in 2004, spoke Wednesday to supporters of union-backed WakeUpWalMart.com on a conference call launching the group's holiday season campaign to pressure Wal-Mart for better labor standards.
In the call, he repeated a story about his son Jack disapproving of a classmate buying sneakers at Wal-Mart. "If a 6-year-old can figure it out, America can definitely figure this out," Edwards said.
Previously, Edwards has appeared at WakeUpWalMart rallies.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:59 PM   #75
Nowitzki41MFFL

Quote:
More support for how silly this has become...

Wal-Mart accuses ex-senator of cutting in line for PS3

Former Sen. John Edwards says a volunteer
was trying to get a PlayStation 3 for himself,
not Edwards' children

AP) -- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. said Thursday that a staff member for former Sen. John Edwards -- a vocal critic of the retailer -- asked his local Wal-Mart store for help in getting the potential 2008 presidential candidate a Sony PlayStation 3. Edwards said a volunteer did so by mistake.
Edwards said that the volunteer "feels terrible" about seeking the game unit at Wal-Mart a day after his boss criticized the company, saying it doesn't treat its employees fairly.
"My wife, Elizabeth, wanted to get a PlayStation 3 for my young children. She mentioned it in front of one of my staff people," Edwards said. "That staff person mentioned it in front of a volunteer who said he would make an effort to get one. He was making an effort to go get one for himself. (Watch a stampede erupt at a PS3 release in Wisconsin -- 1:05 )
"Elizabeth and I knew nothing about this. He feels terrible about this. He made a mistake, and he knows he should not have used my name," Edwards said.
Edwards said the volunteer was "a young kid" unaware of what he called flawed Wal-Mart policies. He called the Wal-Mart statement an effort to divert attention from its own problems.
After Wal-Mart this summer hired Edelman executive Leslie Dach as its public relations director and put him on the company's executive team, analysts said the retailer would likely become more aggressive toward its critics.
Wal-Mart had noted in a news release Thursday that on the same day Edwards was criticizing the company in a conference call with union-backed activists, the volunteer staff member had asked a Raleigh, North Carolina, electronics department manager to obtain a PS3 for the ex-senator's family.
From Wal-Mart headquarters in Bentonville, Arkansas, company spokesman David Tovar said the person who called left a voicemail at the Raleigh store and identified himself as an Edwards staff member. When the manager returned the call, the staff member again identified himself as working for Edwards, and Wal-Mart said it confirmed that with Edwards' office.
The retailer's news release accused Edwards of not wanting to wait his turn.
"While the rest of America's working families are waiting patiently in line, Senator Edwards wants to cut to the front," the Wal-Mart statement said. (See how gamers across the country waited)
The PlayStation 3 console is set to go on sale Friday.
Edwards, the Democrats' vice presidential candidate in 2004, spoke Wednesday to supporters of union-backed WakeUpWalMart.com on a conference call launching the group's holiday season campaign to pressure Wal-Mart for better labor standards.
In the call, he repeated a story about his son Jack disapproving of a classmate buying sneakers at Wal-Mart. "If a 6-year-old can figure it out, America can definitely figure this out," Edwards said.
Previously, Edwards has appeared at WakeUpWalMart rallies.

lol what dumbass, he can just buy one off ebay.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: