Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > WNBA Forum

WNBA Forum WNBA Forum, Women's Basketball Forum - WNBA message board

Old 07-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #16
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Default Re: The WNBA Noitu Lovers' take on LeBron's decision

I will reserve judgement on how his legacy plays out and what not after I see them on the court. Maybe he will show he is the undisputable best player on the team and lead them to championships, have iconic performances, etc. Everything right now is just knee jerk reaction (which is expected and acceptable).

Also, this team isn't necessarily permanent. These guys are still young and could go their seperate ways in the future. Only time will tell how this all plays out.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #17
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Jordan was an asshole, but won. LeBron is a bigger asshole and hasn't won shit. He better pray that he wins a few trophies otherwise he'll be known as one of the biggest assholes in North American sports history.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:57 PM   #18
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

I missed the special last night, but it would've been hilarious if the entire hour was just playing the video for Will Smith's 'Miami'.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #19
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I missed the special last night, but it would've been hilarious if the entire hour was just playing the video for Will Smith's 'Miami'.

I'm cool with it. Talk about pressure. Anything short of a championship will be a failed season. Regardless it'll fun to watch this team play and I'll get to see them in person twice next season.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #20
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
I understand that Wade was the best player out there for him to join but I don't understand why going to the heat is such a sellout move but going to bulls wouldn't have been.

going to the Bulls it would be his team, his destiny, his mark would be left.

Joining another alpha dog makes him look like a pu$$, someone to afraid to go it as a true number 1.

it reeks of can't beat em, join em.

SAD
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #21
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
going to the Bulls it would be his team, his destiny, his mark would be left.

Joining another alpha dog makes him look like a pu$$, someone to afraid to go it as a true number 1.

it reeks of can't beat em, join em.

SAD

I disagree. The Heat-Bulls rivalry has begun. Finally the Eastern conference has become relevant. It's gonna be one hell of a season.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:43 AM   #22
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I disagree. The Heat-Bulls rivalry has begun. Finally the Eastern conference has become relevant. It's gonna be one hell of a season.

Lets not get too excited about the Bulls, going .500 and squeaking by the lame ass Raptors for the 8 spot is hardly cause for them to vault ahead of Boston, Atlanta and Orlando.

A lot fo the excitement surrounding this team was the hype of a big time free agent plus the POTENTIAL of some of their young guys. But remember, 'potential' is a French word which means 'hasn't done shit yet.'

I see them finishing at very best 3rd, but also they could end up 5th or 6th. Boozer doesn't bring that much to the table.

RE LBJ, I am beginning to soften my stance a bit. Initially I felt cheated as a fan that he wouldn't step up and take his crack at being the GOAT and taking a CLE, NYK or CHI to the promise land, but if he can clearly establish himself as #1 in Miami, then there is hope. Right now, it still looks like Wade's team though, but knowing how Wade can be fragile, if LeBron were to step up (in lieu of a Wade injury) and the heat didn't miss a beat, then things could really take off for him.

Still don't like it, but I am going through an acceptance phase.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:00 AM   #23
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
I see them finishing at very best 3rd, but also they could end up 5th or 6th. Boozer doesn't bring that much to the table.

I disagree. Boozer is the player they have been missing on their squad for a while. He has a pretty complete repetoire from the mid range and the post and provides the type of half court scoring option that compliments Rose and Deng that they really needed.

Hinrich and Deng need to prove that they have made strides in their game and provide some kind of consistency but I think Rose and Booefzer is a dangerous combo.

Noah/Boozer/Gibson is a pretty damn good front court. Noah and Gibson give the rebounding, athleticism, and effort. And Boozer gives the skill and offensive touch.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:06 AM   #24
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I disagree. Boozer is the player they have been missing on their squad for a while. He has a pretty complete repetoire from the mid range and the post and provides the type of half court scoring option that compliments Rose and Deng that they really needed.

Hinrich and Deng need to prove that they have made strides in their game and provide some kind of consistency but I think Rose and Booefzer is a dangerous combo.

Noah/Boozer/Gibson is a pretty damn good front court. Noah and Gibson give the rebounding, athleticism, and effort. And Boozer gives the skill and offensive touch.
He's gone.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:37 AM   #25
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

I think the Bulls are poised for something great this year. They've been the "potential" team for a while but I think they turned a corner at the end of last year that I expect them to keep that momentum, it was just a real sense of confidence. Boozer is a blue collar guy with legit scoring skills, he brings a lot to the table, to put him next to Noah and have Gibson in an Odom-like role is a great luxury. Derrick Rose was recovering from injury throughout the year but was outright ridiculous by the time the Cavs series came up. Luol Deng is inconsistent but good on both ends and has a high upside. Korver and Redick are great signings, having a couple knock-down shooters on a team with versatile talent can only make things easier. Noah really should have been MIP to me, guy just took it to a whole other level, he's got that rodman, prime-ben wallace gene and a lot of size to go with it. Essence rare. I'm excited about watching them. There's still some more shifting in the coming weeks too methinks.

My best basketball friend back home is a huge bulls guy (Iowa kids usually root for chicago teams -- they're our "local" team) and he was ready for Vinny to go, said word around town was he'd lost the team a long time ago. It's hard for me to judge a team's coach when I only see them a couple times a month but I also had the feeling something was wrong there. We obviously don't know much about Thibs as a head coach but people seem to think he's a keen basketball mind and if nothing else, a breath of fresh air.

I like them for third in the east but wouldn't be shocked if they slipped ahead of Orlando or Miami. I wouldn't be shocked if they fell behind Boston or Atlanta either, but that would still be a big step up and I think they'll compete with all of those teams in a 7 game series.

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 07-14-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:10 PM   #26
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
He's gone.

You're right. I keep forgetting that for some reason.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:02 PM   #27
JBull
THE CHAMP IS HERE

JBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #28
BaņkShot
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: browning diana grade skeet

BaņkShot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: