Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 06-28-2010, 03:02 AM   #1
TrueDiesel3

Default Top 10 WRs in the NFL

Just wanted to make another list of mine, I'll get to RBs soon, but I think disucssing WRs is more interesting.

1. Andre Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Brandon Marshall
4. Steve Smith (Panthers)
5. Randy Moss
6. Reggie Wayne
7. Calvin Johnson
8. Vincent Jackson
9. Miles Austin
10. Roddy White

I probably overrated Smith, but I honestly think he would have a case for #1 if he had a decent QB throwing to him. As for the other guys, I thought I rated them correctly. I was considering switching Austin with Jackson, but since Jackson has done it for two years that has to be worth something, while we don't know if Austin's season was a gimmick.

Feel to free to post your list.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:46 AM   #2
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Top 10 WRs in the NFL

1. Andre
2. Fitz
3. Moss
4. Marshall
5. Calvin
6. Wayne
7. Vincent
8. Austin
9.-10. Ochocinco/Housh/Colston/Smith

something like that for me...

get Roddy out...and Smith

the hardest one for me to rank is Miles...cause I am so sure he will have top 5 stats this year...I even think there is a chance he could have #1 overall type stats...(I said chance, relax)

but since Williams is supposedly turning it around and Dez is here, who knows what is gonna happen there...

Calvin is also hard to rank, cause he sucked last year...and the excuse of "he plays for a crappy team" doesn't work for me, because Andre played for a crappy team until last year...if you are the star on a crappy team, you should have big numbers...but Calvin is still a beast, he just might be an overrated beast...this year will tell us all the answer I think.

Welker is a slot dude that goes up agaisnt LBs...I hate that most people have him top 10, glad you didn't...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:13 AM   #3
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

How could Houshmandzadeh be in your top 10 after the season he just had and Roddy White not be after the consistency he's shown over the past 3 seasons. Anyways:

Andre Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Brandon Marshall
Reggie Wayne
Randy Moss
Vincent Jackson
Miles Austin
Roddy White
Calvin Johnson
Sidney Rice

You can make a case for a few other guys to replace Calvin because of his inconsistencies or maybe Austin/Rice because they've only done it once, but Houshmandzadeh would be nowhere near my list right now.
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
TrueDiesel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
1. Andre
2. Fitz
3. Moss
4. Marshall
5. Calvin
6. Wayne
7. Vincent
8. Austin
9.-10. Ochocinco/Housh/Colston/Smith

something like that for me...

get Roddy out...and Smith

the hardest one for me to rank is Miles...cause I am so sure he will have top 5 stats this year...I even think there is a chance he could have #1 overall type stats...(I said chance, relax)

but since Williams is supposedly turning it around and Dez is here, who knows what is gonna happen there...

Calvin is also hard to rank, cause he sucked last year...and the excuse of "he plays for a crappy team" doesn't work for me, because Andre played for a crappy team until last year...if you are the star on a crappy team, you should have big numbers...but Calvin is still a beast, he just might be an overrated beast...this year will tell us all the answer I think.

Welker is a slot dude that goes up agaisnt LBs...I hate that most people have him top 10, glad you didn't...
Roddy White is most definitely a superior WR than Ocho-No-Show. He's not in his prime anymore, not even close. Housh? C'mon son. I have no problem with Colston though, it's just that he's not much of a stand out. Roddy White is one of the more underrated WRs in the NFL.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:17 PM   #5
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:

It has a lot more to do with who your quarterback is than how crappy, or good, your team is.

And Andre' best season before MS came along was 1150 and 6 touchdowns I think, he actually had less 1000 yard seasons (3) than 1000 yard seasons (2)
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #6
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1. Andre Johnson
2. Larry Fitz
3. Brandon Marshall
4. Randy Moss
5. Reggie Wayne
6. Calvin Johnson
7. Miles Austin
8. Vincent Jackson
9. Roddy White
10. Sidney Rice

Just a quick list but that's probably how I would put it.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #7
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

1. Johnson
2. Fitzgerald
3. Marshall
4. Moss
5. Calvin
6. Wayne
7. Vincent
8. Miles
9. White
10. Jennings

I guess Jennings is a little of a homer pick. But we have seen what he can do. His numbers took a dip last season but that is mostly because of the emergence of Finley and the o-line problems. Not too mention they also have another 1000+ yard receiver in Driver.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #8
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I completely forgot about Rice , who is a beast...I think I would actually have him near Calvin, prolly right beliw him...

and yeah, listing Housh over White is strange after last season, I agree...and I have no decent reasoning behind it other than I just feel like TJ is better...

you guys know I am not too big on White...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz9xgOOIjYI

White could have a big year though...make me eat this post, lol

Jennings is awesome also...forgot about him although I am not sure he would make it...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:03 PM   #9
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I agree with those putting Rice in the top 10. Talk about a go up and get it kind of receiver. I became amazed with him last season. He turned a lot of poor throws from Favre into amazing plays.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:05 PM   #10
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No way I'm putting Jennings in my top 10 after he ****ed me in the ass last fantasy season.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:12 PM   #11
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
White could have a big year though...make me eat this post, lol

You were down on him before last season too and he only had his highest touchdown total in 2009 while putting up consistent reception and yardage totals again. You need another great season from him?
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:17 PM   #12
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

3 straight seasons of 80+ catches, 1150+ yards, and 6+ touchdowns with the TD numbers improving each of those years up to 11 this past year. Roddy has definitely arrived. If he's not top 10 he's top 12. Give him his respect prime. Housh? Really?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #13
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Welker not getting enough love!
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #14
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Welker goes against 2 corners, sometims even a nickle corner.... those other guys (Moss, Dre, Calvin, Wayne, Marshall) all face top end corners every game.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #15
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was kidding.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: