Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #31
Waking_Life
El Fuego Del Saber

Waking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Michael Caine says Batman 3 starts shooting next April.

As for the people speaking about Robin, Nolan has reiterated in multiple interviews that there is no possible way that hes doing a story line with Robin. He says that the Man and Boy concept is not something he want to explore. I recall that hes been stating that even before Batman Begins was released.
Waking_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #32
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Life
This is wild speculation, just like the Jolie and Depth stuff out there. Its obvious that theres no way that WB and particularly Nolan would accept Cyrus as Catwoman. The Batman franchise is so important to WB and Nolan is such astute director, that neither would let this happen.

Yeah, I wouldnt think so. But even the rumor is pathetic.

I really hope they make the 3rd as good as the 2nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday_Dallas
I read somewhere that if they did use Robin... he would be an actual BOY... and not an adult.

What do you mean? They'd just introduce a young Dick (lol) into the story? Or there the BOY would be dressed up in Robin Hoods' gear fighting crime as a kid?
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #33
Waking_Life
El Fuego Del Saber

Waking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Zen make you're next pick in the comic draft.

Still considering. I assure you that I wont be talking as long as many in the draft took. So dont worry.
Waking_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:06 PM   #34
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Life
Still considering. I assure you that I wont be talking as long as many in the draft took. So dont worry.

its all good. I thought you forgot you had another pick.

And Christpher Nolan would never degrade this film by casting a gimmicky teen like Miley in any role whatsoever. I have complete faith in him and believe this movie will be very good.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:07 PM   #35
ZeN
§

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
its all good. I thought you forgot you had another pick.

No Prob.. Im clueless.. thus the inability to select.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:09 PM   #36
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
The first one, as in Begins, correct? I personally thought that was one of the best movies ever to kick off a potential franchise.

Yeah I was like 14/15 at the time I didn't fully grasp it. I'll have to check it out again but honestly this whole time I had it filed away as boring in my mind vault butttttt I'll check for it eventually
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #37
ZeN
§

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
Yeah I was like 14/15 at the time I didn't fully grasp it. I'll have to check it out again but honestly this whole time I had it filed away as boring in my mind vault butttttt I'll check for it eventually
You must re-watch.. that film was brilliant man.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:43 AM   #38
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Black Mask needs to be the villain in the next Batman Movie.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:40 AM   #39
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Eddie Murphy said he wanted to play Egghead when there were rumours of casting him as The Riddler. Get it done, he'd be egg-cellent in the movie.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:19 PM   #40
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
I hope Nolan makes this a worthy series. Drop another classic and then a really good film and I will easily declare the Batman series as something great. Even though I hated the first one, I will be more than willing to watch it and try getting into it far more if I realize the series as a whole is great

It's been a while since there was a great movie series, what was the last? Lord of the Rings?

TOY STORY, n!gga!
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #41
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

Its gonna be pretty damn hard to top TDK.

But no Robin, and no Catwoman. No Miley Cyrus either.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:52 PM   #42
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

A little bit off topic, but I think Michael Caine was the PERFECT person to play the role of Alfred. Maybe its just me, but I think he was the perfect guy for the job.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #43
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus has decent reputationNastradamus has decent reputation

I can't wait for this movie one way or the other. Nolan is not going to make a bad batman movie IMO. Can't wait for Inception either for the record.

Hardest part about the 2nd one is the villains. Penguin and Riddler are lame, Black Mask and Bane etc. are too unknown probably. Catwoman would be sweet with Rachel dead, but you need another villain like in Returns.

I think it is clear that 3 was supposed to be Joker and Two Face sort of teaming up. I think they'll leave Two Face dead now(it was sort of open ended, even though he appeared dead. Was the same type of fall as the mobster survived). I think Two Face would have went on a rampage in Gotham(otherwise why waste him, using him as a villain for only the last 20 minutes of one movie) while Joker was in Arkham Asylum, stewing and waiting. Two Face would break him out, or he'd break himself out, then they'd team up to get Batman, as they'd both have serious beef with him at that point, as well as both wanting to create chaos(controlled chaos with 2face). Now, i don't know where they go. They could bring back Two face and introduce Catwoman. They could get a new Joker and do 2 face and Joker anyways or they could get a new Joker and do Joker/Catwoman with Two face dead. The one guy at Wayne enterprises could become the riddler and they could use Penguin as new head of the mob in Gotham. Definitely would want it to be Hoffman or Gandolfini. Black Mask would be interesting as he is an interesting duality to Batman
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #44
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Scarecrow and Ras Al Ghul weren't well known villains either.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #45
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
I can't wait for this movie one way or the other. Nolan is not going to make a bad batman movie IMO. Can't wait for Inception either for the record.

Hardest part about the 2nd one is the villains. Penguin and Riddler are lame, Black Mask and Bane etc. are too unknown probably. Catwoman would be sweet with Rachel dead, but you need another villain like in Returns.

I think it is clear that 3 was supposed to be Joker and Two Face sort of teaming up. I think they'll leave Two Face dead now(it was sort of open ended, even though he appeared dead. Was the same type of fall as the mobster survived). I think Two Face would have went on a rampage in Gotham(otherwise why waste him, using him as a villain for only the last 20 minutes of one movie) while Joker was in Arkham Asylum, stewing and waiting. Two Face would break him out, or he'd break himself out, then they'd team up to get Batman, as they'd both have serious beef with him at that point, as well as both wanting to create chaos(controlled chaos with 2face). Now, i don't know where they go. They could bring back Two face and introduce Catwoman. They could get a new Joker and do 2 face and Joker anyways or they could get a new Joker and do Joker/Catwoman with Two face dead. The one guy at Wayne enterprises could become the riddler and they could use Penguin as new head of the mob in Gotham. Definitely would want it to be Hoffman or Gandolfini. Black Mask would be interesting as he is an interesting duality to Batman

There's plenty of other villains to use for a diff tone or whatever Nolan wants to do. It's clear The Joker was supposed to be in this upcoming movie (RIP) and I hope they go to Arkham or use some footage not used in the theatrical cut of Heath to ackowledge Batman's nemesis still having a presence in Gotham.

I say they use Bane and have him whoop Batman's ass during the first hour and breaking his back like that comic storyline. Also have another villain like Catwoman play a somewhat minor role and have Bane team up with a mastermind such as Riddler or Two-Face returning
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: