Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 07-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Mavs have re-signed Brendan Haywood

I like him more than Dampier. But I like YOU more than Dampier as a center, too

Haywood (7-0, 263) re-signs with the Mavericks after originally being acquired in a seven-player trade with Washington that also brought Caron Butler and DeShawn Stevenson to Dallas on Feb. 13, 2010. Following the trade, during which time the Mavericks posted a 23-7 record, Haywood averaged 8.1 points, 7.4 rebounds, 2.0 blocks and 26.5 minutes in 28 games (19 starts). The eight-year veteran finished the season with averages of 9.1 points, 9.3 rebounds, 2.1 blocks (fourth in NBA) and 30.6 minutes in 77 games.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Default Re: Mavs have re-signed Brendan Haywood

I have only commented on this thru other threads ..

This acquistion by the Mav's was probably the 3rd biggest free agent for this mega summer.

Haywood is far under rated on this board .. and maybe even the Mav's

----------
When the initial trade went down , they thought maybe Brandon would be servicable the rest of the year as well as the playoff's.
As for the coach not using him more in the stretch run ,,, they even have to learn
--------------------
haywood decided to re up with the Mav's because he just liked the chemistry , franchise and team over all.
It could cost him 1,2,3 even four championship rings not signing with the Heat.
But that doesn't mean to say that Mav's might not be in the finals.

I think this year they will be under rated throughout the league , but in actuality they are probably even odds with the Lakers to be in the Western conf. finals.

See a whole lot of boards, blocks ,outlet passes and some nice defense from Brandon.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

Default Re: Mavs have re-signed Brendan Haywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
I have only commented on this thru other threads ..

This acquistion by the Mav's was probably the 3rd biggest free agent for this mega summer.

Haywood is far under rated on this board .. and maybe even the Mav's

----------
When the initial trade went down , they thought maybe Brandon would be servicable the rest of the year as well as the playoff's.
As for the coach not using him more in the stretch run ,,, they even have to learn
--------------------
haywood decided to re up with the Mav's because he just liked the chemistry , franchise and team over all.
It could cost him 1,2,3 even four championship rings not signing with the Heat.
But that doesn't mean to say that Mav's might not be in the finals.

I think this year they will be under rated throughout the league , but in actuality they are probably even odds with the Lakers to be in the Western conf. finals.

See a whole lot of boards, blocks ,outlet passes and some nice defense from Brandon.
Great post! I hope as a starter, Haywood is gonna be the defensive anchor we so desperately need. Unfortunately, our centers have always had the habit of only playing well in contract years and now that Brendan has an overpaid contract (that was an necessary evil and a must-do)... well, let's just say that we can't blame Carlisle for everything (but almost) and Haywood didn't really convince in the playoffs.

My other big wish is that we can somehow meet LA during the po. If not in the WCF, then somehow else, because I really believe that we match up well with them and have a legit shot at beating them. It really sucks that Roddy got injured, but with a growing chemistry, a shake-up in the rotation, better decision-making by Carlisle and another MVP-calibre year of Dirk, we finally could get another shot.. but then again, we've been saying this for years. Vain glory opera. *sigh*
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: