Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-17-2006, 07:15 PM   #16
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

1.Coolio

2.Talib Kwali
3+ Debatable from here.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:27 PM   #17
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

50 cent was crazy good before he sold out
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:36 PM   #18
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

1. Rakim
2. Treach
3. Ice Cube
4. LL Cool J
5. Scarface
</thread>
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:45 PM   #19
DLakerfan
Banned

DLakerfan has an OK reputation so far

Weird AL Yankovic
DLakerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:12 AM   #20
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

gangsta rap just isnt original and isnt even "real" like you say jrt. yeah it might talk about real life stuff but it exagerates and glamorizes the lifestyle. pretty much every 50 song is either about hustling or chicks. same thing with almost every gangsta rapper i've heard. oh i forgot, sometiems there are songs about how ****ed up the hood is. but they never really say anything intelligent about it they just describe the situation. sometimes i can enjoy that stuff because of the beat but the lyrics are pretty bland usually. joey budden is probably my favorite gangsta rapper.

but its all about personal taste like you said.

lupe fiasco
andre 3000
big boi
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:46 AM   #21
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

joe budden is very good... and he has sik beats to it too... so he'd be one of the guys on top of my list...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 04:10 PM   #22
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
1) DMX- Nobody does a better job of making a good mix of club tracks & real life stuff. He can be aggressive or slow it down.

Real life stuff = WOOF WOOF, THE DOG IS HERE!! MUTHAF*CKA SUCK THE SCHLONG Y U F*CKIN THAT MAN WOOF WOOF
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 04:48 PM   #23
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

WuTangWizard has an OK reputation so far

Gza
Raekwon
Nas
Prodigy
Talib Kweli
Rakim
Cormega

Last edited by WuTangWizard : 11-18-2006 at 04:52 PM.
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:01 PM   #24
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Real life stuff = WOOF WOOF, THE DOG IS HERE!! MUTHAF*CKA SUCK THE SCHLONG Y U F*CKIN THAT MAN WOOF WOOF

Like most artists, you're probably basing that off of his singles that you've heard on mtv and the radio. Get all 6 of his albums and you'll realize he's got a lot of substance in his songs, especially his last couple of albums.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:29 PM   #25
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
gangsta rap just isnt original and isnt even "real" like you say jrt. yeah it might talk about real life stuff but it exagerates and glamorizes the lifestyle.

I think rap is probably the realest music out there. It's really the only type of music that touches on everything in life. I dont know if i've ever heard a country or rock song that talks about all the corrupt b.s. that goes on in the real world. All rappers b.s. on their albums, whether it's Pac, Biggie, 50, Nas, Jay-Z... All rappers lie. But for the most part they tell it like it is, good or bad.

Quote:
pretty much every 50 song is either about hustling or chicks.

Hustling is basically what life is all about... Not necessarily in the way that 50 and a lot of other rappers talk about though.

Quote:
same thing with almost every gangsta rapper i've heard. oh i forgot, sometiems there are songs about how ****ed up the hood is. but they never really say anything intelligent about it they just describe the situation.

I obviously can't relate to getting shot or getting shot at, but a lot of that stuff happens that 50 and other rappers talk about. Only thing is, I never really noticed it until I was 18 & outta high school (23 now). And what kind of intelligent stuff can u talk about when describing the hoods/ghettos in america...

Quote:
but its all about personal taste like you said.

Exactly, thats why I just gotta laugh at people who criticize me or whatever for ranking 50 among the best rappers out there. If I like the beat, can relate to some things these guys are talkin about, & like their delivery/substance, i'll listen.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:39 PM   #26
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker

WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:25 PM   #27
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I picked mine based on my personal taste some people may like gansta rap but i prefer more comlex lyrics about real issue in life, politics, family, etc.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:54 PM   #28
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
GZA

...but if Big L was still alive he would have to be #1 though.
for sure Big L would be in my top 5 RIP

Rakim
KRS-1
GZA
Can-I-Bus
Black Thought

Big Pun was no slouch.... Common (sense) got in Ice Cube's a55! Luda, There are a few west coast artist that I would say are talented, Del tha Funkee Homosapien (Hieroglyphics), Ras Kass, Kurupt
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:01 AM   #29
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

50 cent

Guys like mos def and talib eat him alive. The guy has got no substance, or style for that matter. Mumble mumble money, mumble *****es, mumble ******, mumble i got shot a few times mumble mumble. Same old ****.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 03:37 PM   #30
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation
Default !t

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
joey budden is probably my favorite gangsta rapper.

BUHAHAHAAAAAAA Buttons? You're kidding right.

DMX is a throwback to the real gangster rap days, where rappers like bow wow and chingy would never even be able to share the same stage or venue with him cuz they'd take one look into the crowd and piss their pants. See nothing but dudes from the wrong side of the fence. No teenyboppers or backpackers to be found in that crowd. X appeals to more than just listeners of the same skin. Hispanics, asians, even the suburbanites who THINK they have it hard can relate to what he's saying. When it comes to relating pain on wax, I think nobody other than Tupac Shakur could do it better. He's entertaining to listen to cuz he's such a conflicted individual. 'love my brother but f*** these ******' 'god's son' then 'mad ****** didnt know the devil had a kid'. You could take away the beats and his gruff delivery alone will have you nodding your head.

Haven't heard much of GZA or RZA but I like Ghostface.

Present 50=Overrated. Hungry 50 was a monster. His first album was full of quotables. Much like guys take a line from Biggie's songs (swizzbeats; spit yo game talk yo s#!t) or Pac's hooks (me & my gf), years from now Gett Rich Or Die Tryin will be sampled.

And since I'm on the subject. Eminem. Pop songs aside he still spits as good as any rapper out. One of Jay's most classic tracks will be included on his greatest hits and it won't be because of the sub par s#!t Jay spit either. Take out his color and he's a top ten lock for sure.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: