Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > WNBA Forum

WNBA Forum WNBA Forum, Women's Basketball Forum - WNBA message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2010, 08:03 PM   #16
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,969
Default Re: WNBA Question: New York and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
oh i imagine the owners know a whole lot about what changes they will be looking for next summer...

also, this whole lebron to miami with bosh and wade, possible collusion (rumors) for over a year and stuff is probably going to give the owners even more ammo.. next summer could get real ugly...
so, what happens if they nba decides that the heat and these three players colluded? their picks are pretty much all traded away, so they cant punish them like minny and j smith. what do they do? void the contracts? Cant imagine that.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:44 PM   #17
gts
Sons of Antartica
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 26,673
Default Re: WNBA Question: New York and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
so, what happens if they nba decides that the heat and these three players colluded? their picks are pretty much all traded away, so they cant punish them like minny and j smith. what do they do? void the contracts? Cant imagine that.
no idea..i doubt anything would be done... i was just just thinking more towards the next cba when they may try and put something in place to prevent things like that in the future...

lol my wife had a funny comment, she said why don't they just make a rule that you can never have more than 35 million dollars worth of players on the floor at the same time.... i told her the lakers are screwed.....
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:27 PM   #18
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 21,356
Default Re: WNBA Question: New York and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Everyone was going to get overpaid this off-season. Most, if not all of the low-key signings have been ridiculous. Felton getting 7 mil a year just blows my mind. He's as streaky and turnover prone as they come. He's never been consistent.

I totally agree. I still have positive memories of Felton at UNC but he has been wholly unimpressive to me in his pro career.

He's gotta be geeked about the idea of playing with Amare tho.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #19
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 19,735
Default Re: WNBA Question: New York and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I totally agree. I still have positive memories of Felton at UNC but he has been wholly unimpressive to me in his pro career.

He's gotta be geeked about the idea of playing with Amare tho.

That and coach D's run-n-gun style is similar to Roy Williams. Raymond is a classy guy, a hard worker, plays hurt, never complains,great teammate and great in the community. I'll miss him but I won't miss his jacking up bricks from the 3 pt. line as the shot clock expires.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #20
Jasi
Quality?
 
Jasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where the Rooster first crowed
Posts: 6,567
Default Re: WNBA Question: New York and others

I've read that Wilson Chandler may be traded away from NY, do you guys know anything about this?
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #21
Snoop_Cat
Banned
 
Snoop_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Johns Hopkins
Posts: 3,498
Default Re: WNBA Question: New York and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
I did think the Felton signing was a bit silly, but then again maybe he will blossom in New York. He has been a half court point guard for the past few years I'm sure that he will excel in the fast-paced game a lot more. He needs to develop a shot though.

At first, I was pretty annoyed at the Felton signing, but after I thuoght about it, it is actually pretty good.

1. Its only 2 years and has a team option for a 3rd year, meaning if he does pan out, it could be potentially a very good investment

2. He expires in the year of the Chris Paul, meaning that he could be a very possible trade piece through expirer/SnT if Paul ends up being adamant about coming to NY.

3. He fills a current need and will help NY make it to the playoffs and will play very well with Amare in an up tempo game
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #22
Snoop_Cat
Banned
 
Snoop_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Johns Hopkins
Posts: 3,498
Default Re: WNBA Question: New York and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I've read that Wilson Chandler may be traded away from NY, do you guys know anything about this?

If Wilson is going to be traded, it better include Eddy Curry in a package for Carmelo or include Felton for CP3.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:13 AM   #23
JtotheIzzo
OOOHWEE Cleveland!!!
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cavs Bandwagon
Posts: 13,399
Default Re: WNBA Question: New York and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
At first, I was pretty annoyed at the Felton signing, but after I thuoght about it, it is actually pretty good.

1. Its only 2 years and has a team option for a 3rd year, meaning if he does pan out, it could be potentially a very good investment

2. He expires in the year of the Chris Paul, meaning that he could be a very possible trade piece through expirer/SnT if Paul ends up being adamant about coming to NY.

3. He fills a current need and will help NY make it to the playoffs and will play very well with Amare in an up tempo game


Lets not forget about all that talk we used to hear about ANY PG having success in D'Antoni's offense. If he can pick and roll with Amar'e his stats will definitely go up.

Maybe 2 years of improved stats increase Felton's value.

However, with the amount of quality PGs entering the league every year, he may have difficulty improving his rank.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:26 AM   #24
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 29,203
Default Re: WNBA Question: New York and others

Pick and roll with Felton is going to be a disaster since he's an awful shooter. Defenders will just double and triple Amare on PnR's and take the risk of leaving Felton open.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:36 AM   #25
Jasi
Quality?
 
Jasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where the Rooster first crowed
Posts: 6,567
Default Re: WNBA Question: New York and others

I can see Gallo running PnR with Amare a lot.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:12 AM   #26
JtotheIzzo
OOOHWEE Cleveland!!!
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cavs Bandwagon
Posts: 13,399
Default Re: WNBA Question: New York and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Pick and roll with Felton is going to be a disaster since he's an awful shooter. Defenders will just double and triple Amare on PnR's and take the risk of leaving Felton open.

yikes, I had no idea his jumper was that bad. Why the hell would they take him?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:44 AM   #27
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten
 
Lamar Doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Venice Beach (LA, CA)
Posts: 6,607
Default Re: WNBA Question: New York and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Why the hell would they take him?


he was "best available"... you almost never win with those deals. Another consolation prize, another "we better sign somebody". I like Raymond, I like the Knicks, I hope I'm wrong. So they've obviously got some money left over, are they going to hang onto Al Harrington? He looks like the best remaining free agent to me unless you have faith in T-mac's body holding up.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:48 AM   #28
Jasi
Quality?
 
Jasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where the Rooster first crowed
Posts: 6,567
Default Re: WNBA Question: New York and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
he was "best available"... you almost never win with those deals. Another consolation prize, another "we better sign somebody". I like Raymond, I like the Knicks, I hope I'm wrong. So they've obviously got some money left over, are they going to hang onto Al Harrington? He looks like the best remaining free agent to me unless you have faith in T-mac's body holding up.

No, please please please, I don't want to see Al "monkey-IQ" Harrington in a Knicks uniform again...
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:40 AM   #29
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten
 
Lamar Doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Venice Beach (LA, CA)
Posts: 6,607
Default Re: WNBA Question: New York and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
No, please please please, I don't want to see Al "monkey-IQ" Harrington in a Knicks uniform again...

I had a hard drive crash a few years ago and I lost a bunch of music and photos, every now and then I realize something I've lost forever and it kills me, I had THE funniest picture of Al Harrington and Rasheed Wallace watching a rebound off of a free-throw, their faces are priceless, they look like inbred cromagnons. I can't stand that I'll never see it or be able to pull it out in moments like this again.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:50 AM   #30
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism
 
playtetris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: a happy place
Posts: 4,924
Default Re: WNBA Question: New York and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I've read that Wilson Chandler may be traded away from NY, do you guys know anything about this?

damn, why would the knicks trade chandler? he was pretty much their only reasonably consistent player last season. unless they're moving him for another big time signing, i don't see the point.
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:51 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy