Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-17-2014, 02:48 PM   #1
RagaZ
Deal with it

RagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsRagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsRagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsRagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsRagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default You guys should appreciate Spurs more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sjT7Jpa2Ek

Barkley is spot on(this is about Patriots, but it's the same with Spurs)

We are taking winning for granted.

I've seen people say: "Spurs havent won anything for 7 years", "Spurs are Postseason chokers".

Being a contender for 17 years in a Small Market is a amazing achievement. Look at Lakers. Celtics. Knicks. Clippers. Heat. They've all had years in the last 15 years where they've sucked and tanked.

Spurs never sucked. They've been a contender for 17 freaking years. They've been up there since 1997 ffs.
RagaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
lebron06
I hit open layups

lebron06 has decent reputation
Default Re: You guys should appreciate Spurs more

They suck..
lebron06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:52 PM   #3
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

It always rubs me the wrong way when people say spurs basketball is boring to watch.

truthfully, they have one of the most aesthetically pleasing offenses in the league. nothing is greater than seeing basketball played and executed correctly.

Last edited by Levity : 04-17-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:01 PM   #4
ImKobe
#blackout

ImKobe has decent reputationImKobe has decent reputation

What is there to appreciate more? They are the best in NBA history when it comes to building contending teams & winning on a consistent basis in the same system and with the same core(in the regular season), but they have never went to consecutive Finals & they will forever be remembered for one of the biggest chokejobs in NBA history. They should be 5 out of 5 in the NBA Finals.

Their basketball isn't that boring with their quicker pace of play in their recent years, but knowing the Spurfans, they don't really know how to appreciate their team either, they don't care about the regular season. They want Duncan to tie Kobe's ring count, regular seasons are nothing to them.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:16 PM   #5
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why si this thread created every other month? fvck, we get it, the spurs are good now stop shoving them down our throats
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:20 PM   #6
sportjames23
MJ>>>>Lebron KD & Kobe

sportjames23 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
Why si this thread created every other month? fvck, we get it, the spurs are good now stop shoving them down our throats

I have to agree. And it's usually from non-Spurs fans (meaning not die-hard Spurs fans). Real Spurs fans don't go around telling other fans to appreciate their team.
sportjames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:25 PM   #7
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Doctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagaZ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sjT7Jpa2Ek

Barkley is spot on(this is about Patriots, but it's the same with Spurs)

We are taking winning for granted.

I've seen people say: "Spurs havent won anything for 7 years", "Spurs are Postseason chokers".

Being a contender for 17 years in a Small Market is a amazing achievement. Look at Lakers. Celtics. Knicks. Clippers. Heat. They've all had years in the last 15 years where they've sucked and tanked.

Spurs never sucked. They've been a contender for 17 freaking years. They've been up there since 1997 ffs.

stop sleeping on the spurs
Doctor Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:27 PM   #8
Fire Colangelo
High school junior varsity star

Fire Colangelo has an OK reputation so far

I like the Spurs, but let's not act like they did anything special after Duncan started declining.

Pop gets overrated a lot, he's good at managing minutes, he's good with rotations, but he'd be nothing without Duncan. He didn't make Duncan, Duncan made him.

Anyways, ever since 07, the Spurs were never exactly contenders. In 08, Boston were favored, and the Lakers came out in the West with the acquisition of Pau Gasol, who beat the Spurs 4-1 despite Duncan outplaying Gasol. They got beat 4-1 again in 09, and got swept in 10. In 11 they looked rejuvenated and got the first seed, but pop, Duncan and the spurs got outplayed by the 8 seeded Grizzlies in the first round. They looked good again in 12, but got backdoor swept by OKC. Had OKC been healthy last year, the Spurs wouldn't have reached the finals.

People always say that Lebron's championship deserves a asterisk, well the Spurs 99 season actually deserves a big ass asterisk IMO, super short season which gassed out a lot of old teams by the playoffs (Malone led Jazz for example). They were no match for the lakers in 2001 and 2002, getting swept and getting beat in 5 respectively. They had a good run in 03 thanks to Dirk getting injured in game 3.

Spurs have a great organization, for a small market team they've done great. But damn, I see a "we should appreciate the Spurs more" thread every week it's just like ... Well yeah, have you guys won shit lately? The Spurs play beautiful basketball we all know that but what else is there to appreciate? They've never repeated, they've choked in the playoffs before. Hell are they even contenders this year? What are we doing that's not enough for you that spurs fans have to make one of these "why don't anybody talk about the spurs" or "you guys need to appreciate the Spurs more". Idk man, nothing to appreciate outside of a good FO and a good offense. I mean, seriously you have people calling Pop the GOAT coach these days, and yall feel the need to make a "you guys should appreciate the Spurs more" thread every other week.

Spurs are a regular season team. I have no doubt that barring any serious injured in the west, they get eliminated in, or before the WCF. Bookmark this, bump it, w/e. I'll even take an off season avy bet with you that they don't make it to the finals.
Fire Colangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:28 PM   #9
Bob Dole
I hit open 5-footers

Bob Dole has an OK reputation so far

no, Tim Duncan is a homosexual.
Bob Dole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:36 PM   #10
r0drig0lac
Local High School Star

r0drig0lac has not been impressing people

Tim Duncan
r0drig0lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:04 PM   #11
RagaZ
Deal with it

RagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsRagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsRagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsRagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsRagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

The best team in US sports this century. Highest winning percentage.

Yet people still talk sh*t.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:08 PM   #12
navy
NBA rookie of the year

navy has an OK reputation so far

Spurs fans are gonna say they should have never been good in the first place place when they lose in the postseason.
navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:15 PM   #13
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Thats true, I have to say that early in the days I was not fond of the Spurs, I didnt care what they did in playoffs just like the Bobcats or the Hawks. But nowadays I really want to see them winning yet another title, its what TD and Popovich deserve.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:58 PM   #14
RagaZ
Deal with it

Best team in sports the last 15 years.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #15
J Shuttlesworth
Pure > Kobe

J Shuttlesworth is a pretty well-respected posterJ Shuttlesworth is a pretty well-respected posterJ Shuttlesworth is a pretty well-respected poster

Sorry man but i always sleep on the Spurs

J Shuttlesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: