Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Best and Worst Superhero Movie Casting Choices?

Spinoff from the Hulk casting thread. Got me thinkin who the best and worst choices have been for casting in superhero movies. Here's some of my favs and least favs

BEST:
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine - When they first introduced him, as a HUGE Wolverine fan i was pissed that they got some pretty boy Aussie to play him. After seeing how he plays the part tho i'll definitely admit that I wouldn't accept anyone else playing Logan. Perfect mix of badass and human emotion

Patrick Stewart as Professor X - Let's face it he was made for this part. Bald, wise man with an accept. People had been making the Stewart/X comparisons since before the movie was even announced

Heath Ledger as Joker - I NEVER got into a Batman movie before, but this guy had me loving every minute of Dark Knight. The psycho lip smacking he did was a perfect touch too

Tobey McGuire as Spider Man - Perfect awkward/geeky kid to play the awkward/geeky kid. My biggest worry when they announced the movie was that they would get some hunky, buff guy and try to make him look like a nerd. They did it up right for this one

Robert Downey as Tony Stark - Just love how he played the part. Don't know much about Iron Man prior to this but I liked how he handled the role

Chris Evans as The Human Torch - I DID NOT like the Fantastic 4 movies very much, but this guy was perfect for the immature, cocky young guy who enjoyed the F4's fame/celebrity status.

WORST
Halle Berry as Storm - NO casting choice pissed me off worse than this one. Storm was a powerful voice, a dominant presence and a Goddess from Africa. They get possibly the most soft spoken black woman on the fact of the earth to play the part, and barely even give her any speaking roles/worthwhile screentime until she got her ass kicked by that speedy chick all thru the 3rd movie. HORRIBLE

Halle Berry as Catwoman - She was black...why did this happen? Stay outta superhero movies Halle lol

Nicholas Cage as Ghost Rider - Nothing says "badass biker from hell" like Nicholas Cage huh?

Opinions? Who are some of your choices?
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Best and Worst Superhero Movie Casting Choices?

Not very confident of Chris Evans as Captain America.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

here are some more

worst:

affleck as daredevil
clooney as batman
Ah-nuld as mr. freeze
uma thurman as poison ivy
michael keaton as batman (i will probably get alot of hate for this)
tommy lee jones as two face
ugly ass ***** whats her face as mary jane

best:

chris reeve as superman
pfeifer as catwoman
devito as penguin
alan cumming as nightcrawler
kelsey grammer as beast
val kilmer as batman
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #5
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^^^that.

wtf was that?they could have made huge amounts of money off of that movie, but they ruined it.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:51 PM   #6
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

Best:
Christian Bale as Batman
Michael Keaton as Batman
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine
Christopher Reeves as Superman
Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man
Chris Evans as Human Torch
Patrick Stewart as Prof. X
Ian McKellen as Magneto
Heath Ledger as The Joker

Worst:
Tobey McGuire as Spider-Man
Topher Grace as Venom

There are others that I felt were good casting choices, but the character wasn't done to their full potential because the movie itself wasn't very good. Will update as I recall more that I have a definite opinion on.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:30 PM   #7
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor

keaton sucks!

must respectfully disagree on keaton. he was who i came to post.

kelsey grammar, hugh jackman, alan cumming, pfeiffer were all dead on.

the bad:

james marsden as cyclops..yeah he was a pretty boy, but he was 10 years younger than jean grey. and since she was much better in her role, i think they should have matched her up better. not to mention marsden just being a terrible actor.

and my unpopular choice is christian bale as batman. he's a pretty good bruce wayne though, thanks to his patrick bateman chops.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:41 PM   #8
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation

Some others to think about that were good.

Brandon Lee - The Crow
Micky Rourke - Sin City
Samuel L. Jackson (Mr. Glass) - Unbreakable
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:41 PM   #9
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Downeyt Jr. as Starks is the best. Just a perfect fit between character and actor.

The worst? Jessica Alba as Sue Storm. Sure she's pretty but she's just not a good actress. Maybe not the worst tho, Clooney's Batman movie was atrocious.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #10
nolebball
Decent playground baller

nolebball has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juges8932
Worst:
Topher Grace as Venom

x1000. Made absolutely no sense
nolebball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #11
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #12
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So far Seth Rogan as Green Hornet looks absolutely ridiculous above everything else....

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3132719872/tt0990407
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:13 PM   #13
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Downeyt Jr. as Starks is the best. Just a perfect fit between character and actor.

The worst? Jessica Alba as Sue Storm. Sure she's pretty but she's just not a good actress. Maybe not the worst tho, Clooney's Batman movie was atrocious.

The whole fantastic 4 cast was horrible B level actors. Also Invisible women isn't Hispanic.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:21 PM   #14
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by browntown
The whole fantastic 4 cast was horrible B level actors. Also Invisible women isn't Hispanic.

Yeah I was going to add that Sue is a white blonde.

The only casting I liked was Chris Evans. I guess Ioan Gruffudd was passable. I can't really think of someone good to play Reed off the top of my head.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:48 PM   #15
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The guy from House should have played Mr. Fantastic!
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: