Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 05-30-2010, 06:19 AM   #1
devin112
Local High School Star

Default DarkSephiroth u would pimp slap John Wall, workout vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth
When wide open and just shooting around, I shoot roughly 75-80% from behind the arc. In games, I shoot around 55-60% from behind the arc. So it drops around 20%.
My FT% in game is around 90%, and it's around 95-97% when just practicing. So that drops around 5-7%
I'm not really sure about the midrange, I've never really been able to keep count on 2-pointers because so much of my 2-point baskets are layups, floaters, runners, and the like. When shooting around, I almost never miss mid-range jumpers but I've never really kept count.

I remember you said you shoot around 80% behind college 3 and they just released the shooting drill tests from the nba combine and only ONE guy can shoot better then you. luke babit, i think that's his name. you're j is better then almost all of the guys entering the draft.

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba-draft-co...-drill-results

you really should try to get into the league somehow. these guys train at the best d1 schools, have shooting coaches, all the time in the world to practice-it's their job, and you just play recreational and you beat everyone cept 1.

i know you have a lot of doubters so you should just post up a vid of you taking 25-50 jumpers just to prove them wrong. don't post ur highlight vid, we only post made shots so it's not convincing for them. can't wait to see ur vid bro, maybe we all can learn a thing or two from you.

==================================

DarkS averages 75-80% from college 3, that's just the average he can go way above that. and he almost never misses any mid-range, plus he can dunk so I think he could probably compete w/ john wall. He can shoot way better then him that's for sure. he totally bricked a ton of wide open midrange jumpers and urs is wet.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmBtXOZIevQ

DarkS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa24e9EgDos&fmt=22

Last edited by devin112 : 06-22-2010 at 08:22 AM.
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:34 AM   #2
Sticks
Serious playground baller

Default Re: DarkSephiroth u should've been @ the NBA Combine

The shooting drill at the Combine is catch and shoot whilst moving around the arc after a day of drills.

They don't get 2 seconds to measure their shots etc. Also just being able to shoot a high percentage is not enough to get you in the League. I present you Adam Morrison. There are most likely 100's of guys who are better shooters then most NBA players on the playgrounds. They will also most likely be slow, don't play D, are way too small etc. etc.
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:55 AM   #3
devin112
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks
The shooting drill at the Combine is catch and shoot whilst moving around the arc after a day of drills.

They don't get 2 seconds to measure their shots etc. Also just being able to shoot a high percentage is not enough to get you in the League. I present you Adam Morrison. There are most likely 100's of guys who are better shooters then most NBA players on the playgrounds. They will also most likely be slow, don't play D, are way too small etc. etc.

darkS can shoot in the dark w/ one arm tied behind his back w/ a bowling ball. np. catch and shoot around the arch isn't a big deal dude, that's how most people shoot around anyways. shooting after drills is what everybody does, in high school, college, nba, etc..

i don't know about other guys, but darkS has game. you seen his highlight vid? he's basically the chuck norris of baskeball

Last edited by devin112 : 05-30-2010 at 06:57 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #4
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Damn Luke Babbitt can rain
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:11 PM   #5
1manfastbreak
B A Y A R E A , C A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks

pretty sure he is just callin him out..
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:42 PM   #6
devin112
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
pretty sure he is just callin him out..

me? Naw man darkS has played w/ NBA players he even balled up Jordan farmar in high school. Dude is the real deal too bad he got injured. He could have been the Asian smush Parker
Old 05-31-2010, 02:09 AM   #7
Birmingham1955
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin112
me? Naw man darkS has played w/ NBA players he even balled up Jordan farmar in high school. Dude is the real deal too bad he got injured. He could have been the Asian smush Parker

They lived in the same area, your going to play against big time players if you live in the same area. It is not like they were on the same elite aau team together. He has posting a video before, he is a good shooter, but lacks athletism to compete at even a high college level. he is more of a d3 baller.
Birmingham1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:54 AM   #8
devin112
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birmingham1955
They lived in the same area, your going to play against big time players if you live in the same area. It is not like they were on the same elite aau team together. He has posting a video before, he is a good shooter, but lacks athletism to compete at even a high college level. he is more of a d3 baller.

yea it was awesome video, he shot about 100% or so in that video. no way he's d3, he shots better then d1 nba prospects.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:02 AM   #9
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
link?
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:18 AM   #10
Birmingham1955
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
link?

He is a good player, i don't want to take that from him. He is 6 ft only 145 lbs. Not a great athlete. He can shoot and pass, but certainly isn't close to an nba player. He is more d3 type of player, due to his physical limitations.
Birmingham1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:01 AM   #11
devin112
Local High School Star

Quote:

He is a good player, i don't want to take that from him. He is 6 ft only 145 lbs. Not a great athlete. He can shoot and pass, but certainly isn't close to an nba player. He is more d3 type of player, due to his physical limitations.

well at 145lbs... that's prolly more wNBA. No biggie he can just buff up
Old 05-31-2010, 08:31 AM   #12
Sticks
Serious playground baller

In that vid I'm actually more impressed by the hustle of the #4 on the black squad.

Edit: After watching the whole thing, DarkS seems like a very nice player. Pretty good shooter although I must say I don't really like his form, good handle and he keeps his head up which lets him find the open man. As for a D1/NBA prospect. Sorry but no, he's too small. He also looks like he doesn't have the frame to just buff up. He's not terribly athletic either which could compensate quite nicely for his size. Also I must say, I think it's a stretch to put him at 6ft. Looks more 5'8-5'10 to me.

Last edited by Sticks : 05-31-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:59 PM   #13
623baller
dedicate

dark can ball for sure!

also, cut some of the draft combine folks some slack, imagine how you would do in front of cameras, other prospects, trainers ...etc. i bet some of them have never seen that type of set up or atmosphere. bball is a mental sport, and it can get into your head with those off court pressure
623baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:47 PM   #14
devin112
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 623baller
dark can ball for sure!

also, cut some of the draft combine folks some slack, imagine how you would do in front of cameras, other prospects, trainers ...etc. i bet some of them have never seen that type of set up or atmosphere. bball is a mental sport, and it can get into your head with those off court pressure

naw man they been practice for that very moment for years. a lot of them were practicing at tim grovers attack gym, hax in la, they all have agents and have been preparing w/ elite trainers.

they post up good numbers, we just know dark can do better.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:28 PM   #15
DarkSephiroth
Alex Mak

LoL. I know a handful of guys that can easily shoot 75+% from behind the arc wide open. Most of them don't have much game, so shooting is all they do.

Let me quote you here, "they just released the shooting drill tests from the nba combine and only ONE guy can shoot better then you."
-This is a falsified statement. These guys had one chance, under immense pressure, to shoot 25 shots. This doesn't mean that under no pressure at the gym by themselves shooting around, none of them can shoot a far better % than they did in the combine. And 6 players out of the 25 still shot above 75% from behind the college three. In addition, it's catch and shoot while moving, which drastically lowers your percentage as well. They're not just standing there with time to shoot however they want to. If you think that those 25 shots are the best any of them have ever shot in their lives, you are mistaken.

And to respond to the rest:
I have never been athletic in terms of jumping high or being explosive. At my absolute peak athleticism I could dunk the ball weakly at best. My game is based on Basketball IQ, being Crafty on the court, and trying to help my team by putting the ball in the hands of whoever has the best chance to score. Even if you shoot better than D1 prospects, it doesn't make you better than them. Mike Penberthy could outshoot anyone in that draft class, does that make him a better player?
I'm 145 lbs at 6'0 tall and lack durability, especially regarding my ankles. The fact that I was able to play college ball at this size is an achievement in itself. I've never said I'm an NBA prospect, or even said anything other than what I have done on the court in the past. I know my limitations and weaknesses, and I'm not a cocky guy who thinks he can do anything.

Going to the gym by myself (Which I haven't done in months due to ankle injury) and videotaping a shooting session is not exactly high on my to-do list. I still don't see why you're so surprised that someone can make an average of 3/4 shots from behind a college three when shooting around by himself. I know a handful of guys who can do it, and a couple that could probably shoot better than I can as well.
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: