Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 07-13-2010, 03:06 AM   #16
a rock
I airball my layups

Default Re: Douchebags on the court.

Why would you say more than, aye you guys wanna get a game?
a rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:19 AM   #17
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

I will sometimes tummy tap if I'm rotating out but the shooter is already up (which to be honest is a bit of a d-move anyway so I do it settings that I feel comfortable in).

Anyway this dude comes down and shoots and I gave him the shot but tapped him. And he goes: "Tap me in the stomach again and I'll phucking knock your head off."

He wasn't my cover so there wasn't much more beef. But I did have to rotate out on him again later and I got up and blocked him and just turned around to get back to my cover.

Basically I just don't get heated.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:20 AM   #18
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Actually I've noticed most guys can't play if their composure is off so if they get heated I really don't care. I just play my game and have fun with it.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:40 AM   #19
a rock
I airball my layups

Maybe people are ******* about people touching em and shit. No homo. haha.

I think that might be it, I mean I can see how it would get annoying but not enough to get that heated about.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:22 AM   #20
JustinJDW

Haha, I got a good story. I was playing at the park one time, and this group of about 6-7 guys come up and are like, "Who wants to get their asses kicked?" They didn't look like ball players cause they were all in just regular clothes. But whaterver, me and my boys are like, "Lets get a game going." And we did.

These guys were not team basketball players. About every play, whoever had the ball would just come up past half-court try to do some stupid fancy dribble and stop about 3 or 4 feet behind the 3-point line and just chuck it up. They missed almost all of them. They were like a combined 3-15, but of course, when someone actually made one like every blue boon, they would all cheer and talk some shit like they were the shit or something.

We weren't having a very efficient games ourselves though. We were moving the ball and playing great as a team, we were just struggling a bit. We were doing first to 11, but it took us like ten minutes to win.

One time during the game though, I was guarding on ball and he does isolation in the corner. Tries to cross me up while talking shit but I was sticking on him, then he heads down baseline trying to do some fancy dribbes to cross me up but I'm still stickin to him. After it was clear he wasn't going nowhere he suddenly literally throws the ball at my ****ing head and then tries to catch it back, but it just flies out of bounds.

His boys are like "Damn son, you getting schooled." They all start talkin more shit and I'm just staring at them because they are clearly ****ing idiots. My teammates and I were just giving eachother looks, wondering if these guys were retarded?

Then, next play, the same guy brings the ball past half-court and I'm stickin to him, and then he suddenly sticks his arm out and does a stiff-arm and it hits me right in the face. He yells some shit like "BAM!" and starts talkin even more shit. I was like, "The ****, this aint Football." Of course it was a foul but I wasn't complaining. If he wants to play like that, we can play like that. The play continues and the guy goes to the corner again and then again does the stiff arm. I'm just like "**** this" and just smack his arm away. I come up all on him and play lockdown Bruce Bowen Defense. He was shoving and pushing me away with his arms so I started doing the same shit. Shoving and pushing and playing real ****ing physical and aggressive. Shit was getting heated. We were both pretty much fouling eachother, but it was all good.

The guy picks up his dribble and now I am even more all up on his ass. He's moving around on his pivot and my teammates and I are denying the pass. He tries to fling it to his teammate at the top of the arc but he can't grab it and it flies out of bounds. Turnover. Great Defense. The guy then has the nerve to turn to me and say, "Damn man, why you gettin all physical. You foulin me and shit."

I'm just thinkin, this guy cant be serious. Anyways, we win the game and then they all walk off the court and one of them says, "Man you guys ****in suck. I don't got time to play with ya asses. I aint even prepared."

Yeah, bullshit right? They left, but a few minutes later some real hommies showed up and we started running some real basketball games.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:22 PM   #21
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

Wow I considered starting a thread like this but I never got to it. Turns out there are more douches than I thought.

Just last week I was at my gym and I played some 2 on 2. It was me and my classmate (who's not bad at all) against another high schooler and probably some college kid.

The high schooler was pretty big so my friend guarded him and I played the college guy cause he was like a guard. I'm playing D pretty well against the college guy and he's missing alot of shots. He probably went 30-40% but after he scored his team's 13th point or so (we were playing to 15), he turns to me and says "dude, you're fouling me every time". And I'm like "what?" because I barely touched him. I don't use my arms on defense usually but I might have brushed his shoulders or arms a couple times.

And he's like "you're f---ing knocking my arms away every time" so I said whatever and we finished. I didn't want to touch him so he drove on my and won the game.

We get a rematch and now I'm guarding the high schooler and my teammates guarding college guy. Those two start arguing about who's fouling who, then college starts being a b!tch and won't play defense. He'd stand under the basket and foul my teammate if he drove. Whenever college was on offense, he'd complain about a foul. In the end we were up 14-9 or so and I hit my teammate for an easy basket, he was cutting in from the wing and I had just cleared the ball.

I'm looking away and the next thing I hear is "what the f--- is your problem" from my teammate. Then college says something like "don't curse at me or I'll tell your mom" and high schooler looks at me and was like these guys are idiots. I hear "i'm just as ugly as you are" (wtf??) from my teammate, then we finish after my teammate hits a three.

Point of the story: playing with douchebags sucks
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #22
a rock
I airball my layups

Shit. I hate when people foul you like crazy, you return the favor and they go "WHY YOU FOULIN N SHIT" like you are beating a puppy.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:17 PM   #23
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by a rock
Shit. I hate when people foul you like crazy, you return the favor and they go "WHY YOU FOULIN N SHIT" like you are beating a puppy.

SERIOUSLY. I never call fouls, literally. I've been floored and hit the deck countless times and I never call a foul. My teammates come up to me and say "aren't you going to call that?" and I just say no and keep playing hard. I find it makes me tougher and it keeps the game flowing.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:25 PM   #24
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpevicis
SERIOUSLY. I never call fouls, literally. I've been floored and hit the deck countless times and I never call a foul. My teammates come up to me and say "aren't you going to call that?" and I just say no and keep playing hard. I find it makes me tougher and it keeps the game flowing.

well shit if you get knocked to the ground you need to call that man. I mean if you just get owned (like guy just stuffs your shit) and you fall to the floor that's one thing... but if you just get totally body checked to the floor... I mean you have to call that. I'll call serious body checks and clear hacks. If it's close... then it just depends what the situation of the game is. If it's really close and near game point, I'll probably call it, but at the beginning or we up big/down big... then forget it just play on. A lot of the times they know they got you some tho and everyone stops playing and is wondering if I'm going to call it... at that point, sure give me the foul You just completely ruined the flow of the game so yea I'll take it up top lol.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:10 AM   #25
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

This completely describes a team we played during our regular season. Football players who are playing basketball and they foul like crazy and talk trash the whole game, yet they suck.
Maize'N'Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:36 AM   #26
devin112
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
well shit if you get knocked to the ground you need to call that man. I mean if you just get owned (like guy just stuffs your shit) and you fall to the floor that's one thing... but if you just get totally body checked to the floor... I mean you have to call that. I'll call serious body checks and clear hacks. If it's close... then it just depends what the situation of the game is. If it's really close and near game point, I'll probably call it, but at the beginning or we up big/down big... then forget it just play on. A lot of the times they know they got you some tho and everyone stops playing and is wondering if I'm going to call it... at that point, sure give me the foul You just completely ruined the flow of the game so yea I'll take it up top lol.

That's just us Swag, that dude is a tough guy.

If I go up for a shot and get major contact and it doesn't effect my shot, like a body foul, then I won't call it. BUT if they foul me, like tap my elbow while I'm shooting I'm calling that. Doesn't matter how "tuff" you are, u get tapped on ur elbow you're missing the shot. If you don't call that, you're doing a disservice to your team and teammates. Basically it's a steal for the other team/ a turnover on you. But if that makes you feel tough, keep on doing it.

Last edited by devin112 : 07-14-2010 at 04:17 AM.
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:13 AM   #27
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

^^^ Well I think there is a time and place to be hard nosed and you aren't always going to get calls if you play in any sort of league games so it's almost a good thing to not give yourself calls. In a self officiated game tho, if you feel that your shot was effected by being smacked or bumped hard, then I agree you are doing a disservice to your team by not calling it, especially in a close game. Really good players can finish through contact tho... but no matter how good you are, if you get touched on the arm while shooting, chances are the ball isn't going in.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:16 AM   #28
devin112
Local High School Star

yeah I've had situations where I was too proud to call a foul and my teammates let me have it. It's really giving the other team a free possession, like turning the ball over.
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #29
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin112
That's just us Swag, that dude is a tough guy.

If I go up for a shot and get major contact and it doesn't effect my shot, like a body foul, then I won't call it. BUT if they foul me, like tap my elbow while I'm shooting I'm calling that. Doesn't matter how "tuff" you are, u get tapped on ur elbow you're missing the shot. If you don't call that, you're doing a disservice to your team and teammates. Basically it's a steal for the other team/ a turnover on you. But if that makes you feel tough, keep on doing it.

I mean, if the game is stopped and everyone's surrounding me seeing whether I got a concussion then yeah I'll call the foul, but too many times I play against people who go in, get rejected horribly and touched maybe just a little bit, and call a foul as the other 7 guys are back down the other end of the floor. I hate slowing the game down, I mean I'm not trying to be tough I'm just trying to keep the game going.

And I don't know if this ever happened to you, but have you ever seen a guy shoot the ball, get blocked and call a foul? Cause that's happened before and it's pretty stupid.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:09 PM   #30
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpevicis

And I don't know if this ever happened to you, but have you ever seen a guy shoot the ball, get blocked and call a foul? Cause that's happened before and it's pretty stupid.

many times... and usually a 10 minute argument ensues

Talk about ruining the flow of a game.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: