Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 07-23-2010, 01:49 AM   #16
PHXsunsROCK1105
SAVE Planet Orange

PHXsunsROCK1105 has decent reputation
Default Re: Turkoglu and Childress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag
]

:)
PHXsunsROCK1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:41 PM   #17
broy
Decent playground baller

broy has an OK reputation so far

Hedo stated that he will start at 4.

Nash/Dragic
J-Rich/Dudley
Childress/Hill
Hedo/Warrick/Lawal
Lopez/Frye
broy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:13 AM   #18
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As a tribute to Hedo Turkoglu I decided to sum up some of his good and bad qualities for you guys after having a years worth of experience with him on our team:

Good:
Versatility
Ball Handling Ability
Jumpshooting (when he's on)
Passing

Bad:
Laziness
Unfounded arrogance
Attitude
Lack of passion
Horrible interview skills/assh*le tendencies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56GL0ayF9Fs
Underserved large contract

In summary, the bad outweighs the good, but the Suns like his predecessors (Spurs, Kings, Magic) have enough talent to where he will probably help more than hurt. The Suns sure won't be 3rd in the West, but they will probably at least be a lower playoff seed. That said we are ecstatic to get rid of his ass. Hopefully after the first month he won't be complaining about it being a different system than he had in Orlando and that he doesn't get the ball enough with Nash at the point.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:24 AM   #19
DatWasNashty
I hit open layups

DatWasNashty is a pretty well-respected posterDatWasNashty is a pretty well-respected posterDatWasNashty is a pretty well-respected posterDatWasNashty is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
As a tribute to Hedo Turkoglu I decided to sum up some of his good and bad qualities for you guys after having a years worth of experience with him on our team:

Good:
Versatility
Ball Handling Ability
Jumpshooting (when he's on)
Passing

Bad:
Laziness
Unfounded arrogance
Attitude
Lack of passion
Horrible interview skills/assh*le tendencies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56GL0ayF9Fs
Underserved large contract

In summary, the bad outweighs the good, but the Suns like his predecessors (Spurs, Kings, Magic) have enough talent to where he will probably help more than hurt. The Suns sure won't be 3rd in the West, but they will probably at least be a lower playoff seed. That said we are ecstatic to get rid of his ass. Hopefully after the first month he won't be complaining about it being a different system than he had in Orlando and that he doesn't get the ball enough with Nash at the point.

I can see why you guys don't like him but we have a unselfish crop of guys and our staff / trainers have something special about them that rejuvenates all these disgruntled, older players. For reference, see O'Neal and Hill. I'm optimistic about the trade since we get another ball handler and a mismatch. And our defense or rebounding don't suffer a great deal. We got the conference finals with Amare grabbed around 6 boards / game. I don't see it as a major problem. Hopefully, he fits in well and stays at the top of his game.
DatWasNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:34 AM   #20
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool

phoenix suns fans..... predict childress's stats for next year.....
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:11 PM   #21
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is purely a guess I don't know much about him other than he is a slasher type G/F, and that he'll backing up JRICH... Given the run and gun pace of the Suns I'm thinking he could avg 12-14pts (prob a bit high ) 4rpg 4apg
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:18 PM   #22
DatWasNashty
I hit open layups

DatWasNashty is a pretty well-respected posterDatWasNashty is a pretty well-respected posterDatWasNashty is a pretty well-respected posterDatWasNashty is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
This is purely a guess I don't know much about him other than he is a slasher type G/F, and that he'll backing up JRICH... Given the run and gun pace of the Suns I'm thinking he could avg 12-14pts (prob a bit high ) 4rpg 4apg

Dirtbag, are you sure he's backing up JRich? I thought he was starting at PF with Warrick backing him up. We have a log jam at SG and SF so I can't see him getting too many minutes there and he'll probably start whining if he isn't happy like he did in Toronto. I don't want Frye starting because he's too one dimensional. When the 3 ball isn't falling, he's useless (like in the Laker series) because he can't rebound or play good defense. Hedo can atleast have an impact on offense in various ways.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:31 PM   #23
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatWasNashty
Dirtbag, are you sure he's backing up JRich? I thought he was starting at PF with Warrick backing him up. We have a log jam at SG and SF so I can't see him getting too many minutes there and he'll probably start whining if he isn't happy like he did in Toronto. I don't want Frye starting because he's too one dimensional. When the 3 ball isn't falling, he's useless (like in the Laker series) because he can't rebound or play good defense. Hedo can atleast have an impact on offense in various ways.

I was referring to the question above me asking about Childress, my fault on the confusion. I should have mentioned a name or quoted above me.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #24
DatWasNashty
I hit open layups

Quote:
I was referring to the question above me asking about Childress, my fault on the confusion. I should have mentioned a name or quoted above me.

Oops. My bad
Old 08-30-2010, 11:58 AM   #25
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

Quote:
Oops. My bad
so whats your take on Childress' stats this year?
Old 08-30-2010, 04:15 PM   #26
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I can see why you guys don't like him but we have a unselfish crop of guys and our staff / trainers have something special about them that rejuvenates all these disgruntled, older players. For reference, see O'Neal and Hill. I'm optimistic about the trade since we get another ball handler and a mismatch. And our defense or rebounding don't suffer a great deal. We got the conference finals with Amare grabbed around 6 boards / game. I don't see it as a major problem. Hopefully, he fits in well and stays at the top of his game.

Amare got points in the paint though, most in the league. Replacing him with a jump shooter and not improving your board work is a recipe for disaster.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:18 PM   #27
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Childress is pretty efficient. I think he'll go for 12-15 depending on minutes with 5 boards and 3-4 assists. Pretty high percentages and hopefully he has improved his 3 ball and hits 1 or 1.5 a game. Should chip in at least 1.5 steals and .5 blocks. He doesn't turn it over, he plays team D very well, better than his man even(which is good), he doesn't take bad shots, he runs the floor and is a good teammate. He will fit in very smoothly without disrupting a thing.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:22 PM   #28
DatWasNashty
I hit open layups

Quote:
so whats your take on Childress' stats this year?
I don't know much about his game to be honest. Never really paid attention to the Hawks. I did a quick google search on his scouting report and he seems like someone who is effective in the paint which should compensate Amare's absence a bit.
Quote:
Player Type: Lanky, versatile 2-way guard-forward

Strengths: Childress is an insanely efficient offensive player -- his offensive ratings over his 4-year NBA career have been: 113.0 in '05, 121.3 in '06, 118.8 in '07, and 126.5 in '08. These numbers are driven by Childress' monster shooting percentages; in 2008 he shot 57.1% from the floor and had a 64.7 TS%, and his career TS% is 59.9%. Basically, Childress is a fantastic finisher inside, a very good offensive rebounder for a wing, he's adept at drawing fouls and making FTs, and he has a talent for getting easy buckets in transition. You can say that his great percentages are the result of taking nothing but easy shots, but he's constantly getting himself into position to take (and make) those easy baskets. Defensively, Childress has long arms and can be disruptive on the wing.

Weaknesses: The flip-side to Childress' great efficiency is that he can't really create shots with any regularity. His handle and floor game aren't very good, his jumper is weak with bad form, and he rarely takes shots from outside the paint, so he's a limited offensive player in that regard. He's also rail-thin and can't defend stronger players, especially inside. Because of these drawbacks, Childress will never be more than a highly-efficient NBA role player.

Favorite shot: Anything inside.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:27 PM   #29
DatWasNashty
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
Amare got points in the paint though, most in the league. Replacing him with a jump shooter and not improving your board work is a recipe for disaster.
I think our depth has improved and we get another mismatch in Hedo. Sure, we won't be as dominant inside but I don't think we take a hit defensively or on the boards. Amare is a terrible defender despite having all the physical tools and he was only getting around 6 boards a game in our run to the conference finals this year. I think we have enough guys who can pick up the slack. Hedo can spread the floor on offense and gives us another ball handler to take pressure off of Nash. And I think he won't have much trouble taking other 4s off the dribble. We do lose our dominance in the paint but Childress and Warrick seem to be guys who are effective inside. Plus, playing with Nash is always a benefit.

Hopefully, we can pull off another run this season. I'm a bit skeptical about the rebounding, though.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:29 AM   #30
EmilDrillz
I airball my layups

EmilDrillz has no real reputation yet.

Both will have career years
EmilDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: