Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 07-18-2010, 07:12 AM   #31
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board
Default Re: Bye bye Boris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Dampier also said he'd be open to allowing us to waive him, then resigning with us for far less than he's making now. This is a great idea should we not get any takers for a good PG.

Even if we do resign Dampier, we have Boris and Diop for trade bait.

I'd love to have him back, but the problem is we won't have many resources available to offer him very much.

Interestingly, there's really been no confirmation that we've signed Livingston or Dominic McGuire other than Bonnell...but let's say we did. The only way to acquire those guys would be with the MLE (midlevel exception), which is 5,765,000 for this upcoming year. If we gave Livingston 3.5 of that as reported and gave McGuire a minimum deal (say 500k) that would only leave approximately 1.765 left.

You'd think he could get more than that.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:14 AM   #32
CLTHornets4eva
Original ISH CLTHornet

CLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected posterCLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected posterCLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
I'd love to have him back, but the problem is we won't have many resources available to offer him very much.

Interestingly, there's really been no confirmation that we've signed Livingston or Dominic McGuire other than Bonnell...but let's say we did. The only way to acquire those guys would be with the MLE (midlevel exception), which is 5,765,000 for this upcoming year. If we gave Livingston 3.5 of that as reported and gave McGuire a minimum deal (say 500k) that would only leave approximately 1.765 left.

You'd think he could get more than that.
I think were waiting to sign those two till after we trade either Dampier or Diaw or both.
CLTHornets4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:16 AM   #33
CLTHornets4eva
Original ISH CLTHornet

CLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected posterCLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected posterCLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Dampier also said he'd be open to allowing us to waive him, then resigning with us for far less than he's making now. This is a great idea should we not get any takers for a good PG.

Even if we do resign Dampier, we have Boris and Diop for trade bait.
I don't thinK Diop is trade bait. Nobody wants him. He is only traded if we dump him into a trade.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:25 AM   #34
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Just wanted to note that we (supposedly) signed or will sign McGuire to the minimum which wouldn't be part of the MLE. If we sign Livingston for 3.5 then we should have around 2.3 left.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #35
CLTHornets4eva
Original ISH CLTHornet

Quote:
Just wanted to note that we (supposedly) signed or will sign McGuire to the minimum which wouldn't be part of the MLE. If we sign Livingston for 3.5 then we should have around 2.3 left.

Yes its 3 yrs 10.5 M. Thats 3.5M per year.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #36
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

what happened to 2 years at 7 mil? I thought that was what was originally reported. Did that change?
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:09 PM   #37
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
what happened to 2 years at 7 mil? I thought that was what was originally reported. Did that change?

From what I'm hearing the 3rd year is a team option at 3.5. I haven't seen anything reported to confirm that however.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:48 PM   #38
CLTHornets4eva
Original ISH CLTHornet

Quote:
From what I'm hearing the 3rd year is a team option at 3.5. I haven't seen anything reported to confirm that however.

Yes, sorry. Yr. 3 is a team option.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wiz...es-to-ter.html
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: