Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-18-2006, 10:29 AM   #16
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

I didn't think it was that funny, just stupid. Christ he couldn't even make the ps3 shatter with a sledge hammer, that's sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
If he really wanted to make a statement, he should have waited in line overnight at some Super Wal-Mart or K-Mart with all of those maniacs and then when he got into the place go shopping for like, 15 onions, 30 different types of ramen, jello, paper clips, etc...but be sure to load up a cart, quickly, and then make people wait in line behind him while he has them run 500 random items past the scanner. Now THAT would have been funny.

Yeah that would have been.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:35 AM   #17
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
Yeah that would have been.

How is that funny? It doesn't even make any sense.

He acts like there's only one checkout lane at a Wal-Mart.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:36 AM   #18
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta
How is that funny? It doesn't even make any sense.

He acts like there's only one checkout lane at a Wal-Mart.

I believe there is only 1 line for PS3's so the store doesn't get mauled with lines.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:51 AM   #19
Vendetta
Banned

Quote:
I believe there is only 1 line for PS3's so the store doesn't get mauled with lines.

Old 11-18-2006, 10:52 AM   #20
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta
I wasn't there, but I'd imagine they would want to keep their business going for normal customers.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:55 AM   #21
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

If he didnt want it, why didnt he give it to me
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:01 AM   #22
Vendetta
Banned

Quote:
I wasn't there, but I'd imagine they would want to keep their business going for normal customers.

Yes, hence a line for people to wait to get one. Not to check out in. Besides, electronics departments in Wal-Marts always have more than one register. Same can be said of any retailer.

All this is ignoring the fact that if it was all one continuous line and that people were getting theirs and all checking out at the same register one at a time, he'd have had to obtain all the items and then get to the front of the line. Meaning... he'd have had to waited outside with unpaid merchandise for a day or two (not happening). And then there's the whole thing that there's no way they'd make people wait that long anyways.

All in all it was just a stupid joke.

Last edited by Vendetta : 11-18-2006 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:37 PM   #23
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation
Default So?

They bought it fair and square. They can stick in in their ass and crap it out, it's their property. It's stupid for some of the ninnies in line to get mad.

Go Wii Go.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:44 PM   #24
basketballer4
Sweaty ti.ts

basketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtrdff
They bought it fair and square. They can stick in in their ass and crap it out, it's their property. It's stupid for some of the ninnies in line to get mad.

Go Wii Go.

That doesn't mean it was right for them to do it. Someone else would've loved to have that PS3 and actually use it for what it's supposed to be used for. Now that's one more person who's going to be going home without a PS3 just because some jerk decided to smash the thing to piss people off.

It's like if I bought a bunch of food and just threw it all away, that's a waste. That food could've been used to feed the poor who're out on the streets starving everyday.

Last edited by basketballer4 : 11-18-2006 at 01:58 PM.
basketballer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:48 PM   #25
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballer4
It's like if I bought a bunch of food and just threw it all away, that's a waste. That food could've been used to feed the poor who're out on the streets starving everyday.

Now this is a piss-poor analogy. You HAVE to eat in order to live. You don't have to play videogames, even if you are an inveterate geek, in order to live.

Exaggeration, much?
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:57 PM   #26
basketballer4
Sweaty ti.ts

basketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat cool

Haha, yea. I was sort of thinking the same thing to myself, but I decided to do it anyway.
basketballer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:18 PM   #27
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Why not just light $600 on fire? It would be more shocking, and more entertaining than their pathetic attempt at smashing this thing.

It would of been a good idea if they hit it and it busted into tiny fragments, but they could barely dent that thing.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:37 PM   #28
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

man, i wish i had money like that to waste.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:24 PM   #29
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

I think it is absolutely classic. Not all that funny, but somehow... appropriate.

I think it shows utter contempt for the people who spent their time waiting in line, and I for one can relate to that.

No video game system is worth $600. If you buy one, you have no life, you are mentally handicapped, or you have more money than you know what to do with.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:35 PM   #30
DLakerfan
Banned

DLakerfan has an OK reputation so far

we smash 2 PS3 yesterday in protest.
DLakerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: