Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 07-12-2010, 05:09 PM   #16
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Tiago Splitter officially a San Antonio Spur

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
things are lookin like a top 5 seed again. now what about rj? ;p

Spurs need to get a guy who can shoot as well as defend at the 3. Jefferson isn't a spot up shooter.

It still doesn't fit.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #17
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal

Wonder Bread Kid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
They are still not better than last year and last year they started to show their age.

Last year we showed we needed shooters. We beat the Mavs but lost to the Suns because all our three point shooters chocked.

This year, we're better from simply adding Splitter and Anderson plus the growth of Blair and Hill.

Quote:
Who replaces Jefferson as starting SF?

Jefferson.
Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #18
spursdynasty420
Banned

spursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayspursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
They are still not better than last year and last year they started to show their age.

Who replaces Jefferson as starting SF?

how are we not better? we are already better because we are all 100% healthy... unlike last year but you probably didnt watch any games you are just some ish nobodytalking out of his ass as usual. have fun watchin heat only games this year
spursdynasty420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #19
spursdynasty420
Banned

spursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayspursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Spurs need to get a guy who can shoot as well as defend at the 3. Jefferson isn't a spot up shooter.

It still doesn't fit.

we drafted a shooter for that position actually but you are right about jefferson
Old 07-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #20
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Watch for Spurs go get Barnes now, IMO. Splitter is a very nice pickup and shoudl start at C(he and Duncan will be combo 4/5 types). He gives them size,youth and athelticism which they lacked. I think they will sign Shaq too.
He gives them even more size off the bench, experience and post scoring when TD is on the bench. Mcdyess could be dealt for a similarly bad 1 year contract of a perimeter player.

I think the Spurs are better without Jefferson, as there aren't enough shots for him. Barnes as a shooter,defender and rebounder is a better option. They need 2 SFs though at this point. Not sure who they could get in addition to him.

Parker Hill(will play 2 guard with TP at times)
Manu Anderson
Barnes
Duncan Blair Dyess
Splitter Bonner/Dyess (maybe Shaq)
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #21
chitownsfinest
Local High School Star

chitownsfinest has decent reputation

How's Tiago's ability to protect the rim and guard the pick and roll? Spurs really need a big with size who is quick with his feet on defense and can play great help D.
chitownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:21 PM   #22
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
we drafted a shooter for that position actually but you are right about jefferson
I dont think Anderson is a 3. I think hes stuck as a SG until he bulks up so he can defend the NBA 3's of today.

I still can't find an official weight on him. I've seen his weight listed as 196 lbs and some listing his weight at 222 lbs.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:22 PM   #23
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Matt Barnes would be a nice pickup for the Spurs.
hawkfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:25 PM   #24
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

San Antonio fans have hyped this guy up a sh*t load. Lets see what he can do.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:26 PM   #25
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ive never seen this dude play, but I will say I trust, and believe in SA and their ability to draft, and pick out pieces out of NOWHERE that will be heavy contributors to their team...

San Antonio has a knack for finding great players even if they arent in the lottery....its crazy.
oh the horror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #26
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13

ReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this board

Quote:
how are we not better? we are already better because we are all 100% healthy... unlike last year but you probably didnt watch any games you are just some ish nobodytalking out of his ass as usual. have fun watchin heat only games this year

Spurs? I watched their games when forced to. If there has been a more boring team to watch in the history of the NBA, than the San Antonio Spurs, please let me know.

Only a Spurs fan would willingly waste a couple of hours of their life that they will never get back watching a Spurs game.

To most people, San Antonio is clearly a team on the down swing and I would not be surprised to see them miss the postseason. They are clearly not a top 4 seed. They will lucky to be a Top 6 seed.
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:54 PM   #27
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13

ReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan

Why? I don't get the love for Matt Barnes. He was awesome as a Golden State Warrior but take away his attitude and he really is subpar. What is so great about Matt Barnes?

Matt Barnes with a MoHawk >>>>>>>> The Orlando Magic version

ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:09 PM   #28
SCdac
NBA sixth man of the year

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Not just commenting on your post JPR, but the Spurs being "boring" is one of the most regurgitated statements IMO, mostly said by casual fans who don't even watch the team, just repeat what they hear. The Spurs per-game scored more than half the teams in the NBA last season, despite being one of the more slower-paced teams. Hell, last season they put up 147 points against the Warriors! one of this highest scoring games among all teams. I can understand thinking some of the personalities are not the most entertaining, but the game is played on the floor not in interviews. Watching the team play the game is far from boring, particularly with their current squad, but then again I find isolation-after-isolation-after-isolation pretty boring... To each their own.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:12 PM   #29
spursdynasty420
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan

that would be a dream pickup at this point after last season and bogans
Old 07-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #30
spursdynasty420
Banned

Quote:
Spurs? I watched their games when forced to. If there has been a more boring team to watch in the history of the NBA, than the San Antonio Spurs, please let me know.

Only a Spurs fan would willingly waste a couple of hours of their life that they will never get back watching a Spurs game.

To most people, San Antonio is clearly a team on the down swing and I would not be surprised to see them miss the postseason. They are clearly not a top 4 seed. They will lucky to be a Top 6 seed.

yah manu ginobili being one of the most exciting players to watch in the nba is so boring

tony parkers quickness and ability to finish at the rim is so ****in boring

watching THE greatest power forward of all time is so god damn boring its unbelievable

george hill isnt fun at all to watch either neither is dejuan blair both so boring

defense is so boring mannnnnn..

i think its time to pick a new sport you ****ing douche bag
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: