Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 11-18-2006, 01:31 AM   #1
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default imagine we got KG

theres speculation that KG is officially on the trading block...imagine we got him for like JO and Jackson http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...dime-061118-19

our starting lineup would be:

Tinsely
Daniels
Granger
Harrington
KG

thats lethal
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 06:32 AM   #2
ritchmaq
I airball my layups

ritchmaq has an OK reputation so far

hope garnett like the pacers..... and i admit its a better team
ritchmaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 04:09 PM   #3
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

he's a good player and all, but i just wouldn't get that excited if we got him. i like the team we have now.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:43 PM   #4
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

honestly KG wouldnt come to indy.... even tho that would be a good trade with JO and what eva scrub u guys throw in.....but BIRD is an idiot also he couldnt get that trade done if KG and minny was begging to be trade partners........i think he'd fit better with sacramento
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:17 AM   #5
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
honestly KG wouldnt come to indy.... even tho that would be a good trade with JO and what eva scrub u guys throw in.....but BIRD is an idiot also he couldnt get that trade done if KG and minny was begging to be trade partners........i think he'd fit better with sacramento
you got to be kidding me...Bird and Walsh are known as the best GMs in the league...i dont think anyone could name one bad trade that they made...one the other hand, theres a bunch of excellent trade that they have made like JO for Dale Davis...you King fans think you guys lucked out with Artest, but marked my words, hes a cancer....give it about 2 years and i bet he will either ask for a trade or do something stupid, like hes known for, and get suspended for another year...im telling you, Artest has NO LOYALTY to any team, Pacers stood behind him after all the drama with the Detriot brawl, and after Artest said that he owes the Pacers a championship, he just comes back by asking to be traded........be careful Kings
Old 11-19-2006, 07:26 AM   #6
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
you got to be kidding me...Bird and Walsh are known as the best GMs in the league...i dont think anyone could name one bad trade that they made

brad miller for scot pollard comes to mind
luckily bird had nothing to do w/ that.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:04 AM   #7
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

long-term... no

JO is younger and more athletic! and given correct guidience he'll turn into a better KG someday... (i hope)
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:23 PM   #8
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
long-term... no

JO is younger and more athletic! and given correct guidience he'll turn into a better KG someday... (i hope)

KG's a HOF'r already, JO will never get to that point....
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:30 PM   #9
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

stop crying!!!! he is a king now.....wish him the best and stop haiting....you guys have no chance at getting KG ..... you guys are soft this yr but luckily yall arent in the west......JO is younger and plays the exact same way as KG why trade young talent for KG??? stay focused men
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:27 PM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1584
KG's a HOF'r already, JO will never get to that point....

No offense i aint tryin to start crap but how is he a HOF when his team hasnt been to much?

The man puts up HOF numbers yes. but other than that I dont see it.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:27 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
long-term... no

JO isnt more athletic than Garnett.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:30 PM   #12
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
No offense i aint tryin to start crap but how is he a HOF when his team hasnt been to much?

The man puts up HOF numbers yes. but other than that I dont see it.

That's what the HOF is all about. Plus, it's not like it's his fault that the Wolves management hasn't surrounded him with some better players. He's got an MVP award... If he were to retire today, he'd be in the HOF for sure.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:46 PM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
That's what the HOF is all about. Plus, it's not like it's his fault that the Wolves management hasn't surrounded him with some better players. He's got an MVP award... If he were to retire today, he'd be in the HOF for sure.

Is it just about stats and personal records? to make the HOF i mean
Old 11-20-2006, 04:58 PM   #14
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
they have tried to surround KG with a number of different players...in 03-04, they had:
Sam Cassell
Trenton Hassell
Fred Hoiberg
Troy Hudson
Ervin Johnson
Michael Olowokandi
Latrell Sprewell
Wally Szczerbiak

At that time having a starting lineup of:
Cassell
Sprewell
Szczcerbiak
KG
Ervin Johnson

was GOOOOD, and still KG couldnt get out of the first round
Old 11-20-2006, 11:40 PM   #15
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
they have tried to surround KG with a number of different players...in 03-04, they had:
Sam Cassell
Trenton Hassell
Fred Hoiberg
Troy Hudson
Ervin Johnson
Michael Olowokandi
Latrell Sprewell
Wally Szczerbiak

At that time having a starting lineup of:
Cassell
Sprewell
Szczcerbiak
KG
Ervin Johnson

was GOOOOD, and still KG couldnt get out of the first round

Actually KG won the MVP that year, the Wolves won 58 games and lost to the Lakers in the Western Conference Finals, only after Cassell got hurt. I personally believe that the Wolves would've beaten the Lakers had Cassell been healthy. The following year with basically that same roster intact, Spree/Cassell both made headlines before the season even started by complaining about their contracts. Spree in particular stated how he had to feed his children... I'm sure whatever he was making wasn't enough to buy food for his kids. But KG has never had a Kobe, Shaq, Pippen, or Wade to be his sidekick... Cassell, who was what, 33-34 yrs old back then, has been his top sidekick in his whole career. Marbury would've been, as he was actually able to make other players better during his brief stay in Minny, but he was too selfish and had to go to NJ. Otherwise he's had guys like Wally/Ricky Davis to back him up.

And your point of them trying to surround KG with a # of different players is exactly the problem. Get him some GOOD players and stick with them... Look at how many players from the Wolves leave every year, its ridiculous. Duncan doesn't have to deal with that, he's had Ginobili/Parker for a while now.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: