Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 11-21-2006, 03:42 AM   #16
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1584
Actually KG won the MVP that year, the Wolves won 58 games and lost to the Lakers in the Western Conference Finals, only after Cassell got hurt. I personally believe that the Wolves would've beaten the Lakers had Cassell been healthy. The following year with basically that same roster intact, Spree/Cassell both made headlines before the season even started by complaining about their contracts. Spree in particular stated how he had to feed his children... I'm sure whatever he was making wasn't enough to buy food for his kids. But KG has never had a Kobe, Shaq, Pippen, or Wade to be his sidekick... Cassell, who was what, 33-34 yrs old back then, has been his top sidekick in his whole career. Marbury would've been, as he was actually able to make other players better during his brief stay in Minny, but he was too selfish and had to go to NJ. Otherwise he's had guys like Wally/Ricky Davis to back him up.

And your point of them trying to surround KG with a # of different players is exactly the problem. Get him some GOOD players and stick with them... Look at how many players from the Wolves leave every year, its ridiculous. Duncan doesn't have to deal with that, he's had Ginobili/Parker for a while now.
ya thats called good scouting..get some good scout on minny then see where they stand....
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:13 PM   #17
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
ya thats called good scouting..get some good scout on minny then see where they stand....
minni didnt have a first round draft pick for like 5 years or something...trust me its the managment that messed up KG's career
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: