Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 07-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #151
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jazz Sealing the deal to get Al Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Okay... what do you suggest? Why do you call that stupid if you don't explain why?
You think Millsap want's to ride the bench his whole damn career. If you cant get a starters at least get some good role players for him. The Jazz had a beaddddd bench last year. Remember what happened in the playoffs D-Will and Boozer carried. They need a good SG, Wesley may be getting a big contract but hey they matched a bench player in Millsap... I don't see why what I said was stupid. I'd like to see a reply back.

I think he was just pointing out money concerns mostly. Plus, Millsap will be starting next year since Okur is injured. This is the rotation I expect before the all star break:

Williams (36) / Price (12) / Gaines
Miles (32) / Evans (16)
Kirilenko (32) / Hayward (16)
Millsap (36) / ???
Jefferson (36) / ?Fesenko? / Okur (inj)

Evans is a d-leager I think. It might be too much to ask out of CJ Miles, but I'd rather have Brewer than Matthews for that price. I actually don't expect to sign either. We can't let Millsap go without a replacement big, which we are short on right now. After the all star break, I could see something like this:

Williams (36) / Price (12) / Gaines
Miles (32) / Evans (16)
Hayward (18) / Kirilenko (30)
Jefferson (16) / Millsap (32) / ???
Okur (32) / Jefferson (16) / ?Fesenko?

Millsap tends to benefit from coming off the bench. His hustle is more effective against tired starters and second string players. He still gets his minutes, and he might even continue to start as Okur gets back into rhythm.

Ultimately, it comes down to money though. We swallowed Millsap's first year to keep him now, and Matthews is way too expensive for what he is.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #152
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Default Re: Timberwolves trade Al Jefferson to Jazz

Quote:
Why doesn't the Jazz trade away Fesenko? Didn't they already sign him or am I out of the loop, that guy is terrible, Kosta Kofous is a better player, but then again Minnesota probably knew he was so bad they didn't want him.

He's a free agent and I'm sure other than the Jazz no one outside of Eastern Europe would touch Fessenko. He sucks.

Minnesota definitely raped them. Koufos is a player. So is Millsap. AK will probably be traded and the Jazz will have holes everywhere but PF. Way to go Jazz!
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:25 PM   #153
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

So I guess the trading Price and giving Gains all his minutes plan wouldn't work
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:28 PM   #154
EricGordon23
Good college starter

Al Jefferson finally gets a star point guard to help out to get some easy points now.
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #155
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

I definitely prefer Gaines to Price but hopefully Shannon Brown or another option comes to fruition.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #156
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
I definitely prefer Gaines to Price but hopefully Shannon Brown or another option comes to fruition.

Gains has been pretty damn good from what I saw in summer leauge
Old 07-14-2010, 09:17 PM   #157
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
Gains has been pretty damn good from what I saw in summer leauge

Eh, I like Gaines, but when I watched him in the Summer League, he didn't seem overly impressive, didn't really disappoint though either.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:38 PM   #158
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Eh, I like Gaines, but when I watched him in the Summer League, he didn't seem overly impressive, didn't really disappoint though either.

It looks like he's developing a post game and better playmaking from what I saw
Old 07-15-2010, 01:28 AM   #159
Bruinlove
Banned

Jazz really need a defensive stopper. 300 pound Fesenko has potential but he will have to put in work on defensive fundamentals in the offseason and offensively he is useless.

Millsap and Al jefferson are nice on the boards, but will get destroyed by any legit bigman they go up against. Al Jefferson plays David Lee defense and Millsap works hard on D but is just too undersized to compensate vs elite bigmen.

Even if Okur was healthy, he isn't a great interior defender either.

If Jazz still had Ronnie Brewer they would be a top 4 team in the west imo, but CJ Miles and that wesley kid are really good, Miles in particular has impressed, his jumper is so wet.

But mainly they just need a center who can protect the paint, Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap starting front court is just asking to get destroyed and an 8 seed.
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:14 AM   #160
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

Quote:
He's a free agent and I'm sure other than the Jazz no one outside of Eastern Europe would touch Fessenko. He sucks.

Minnesota definitely raped them. Koufos is a player. So is Millsap. AK will probably be traded and the Jazz will have holes everywhere but PF. Way to go Jazz!

Hey, jackass! Our front office is making moves so shut your trap.

Koufos sucks. If I read another one of these posts -- and there have been quite the string of them -- there is no doubt in my mind you are a troll. Holy ****ing shit. Sit down and shutup.
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:28 AM   #161
Bruinlove
Banned

Yeh Koufos is useless and sucks, Dan Gadzuric II, Jazz are contenders again if they get a defensive big or Fesenko works hard on his game with a good coach, not a loser like Greg Ostertag, I know the Jazz like getting their former players to help coach current guys.
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:35 AM   #162
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinlove
Yeh Koufos is useless and sucks, Dan Gadzuric II, Jazz are contenders again if they get a defensive big or Fesenko works hard on his game with a good coach, not a loser like Greg Ostertag, I know the Jazz like getting their former players to help coach current guys.

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:50 AM   #163
Rizko
EroticVanilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinlove
They should get Mark Eaton to teach Fesenko to be a shot blocker, defender and rebounder. The man was a beast in the 80's
Rizko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #164
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Quote:

They don't really like Koufos actually and may deal him for a 2nd rounder or waive him. Minnesota raped them? Haha. Both got what they wanted.

Utah got Raja Bell for 3/10. So instead of paying Boozer til he's 33 and paying a one year wonder the full MLE, they got equal players for much less money. They pay Jefferson for 3 years, not 5 and until he is 28 instead of 33. Bell makes about half what Matthews does and will give same production.

Williams Price
Bell/Miles (Gaines?)
AK Hayward
Milsap(Jefferson,AK)
Jefferson Okur Fesenko(at least a body)

They'll probably add a body at C and PG. Deron should be a litlte happier when he sees Bell,Hayward and Jefferson play.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #165
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Two first round picks and some cap space appears to be the going rate for players of Big Al's caliber. I'm pretty sure that NJ got VC and traded K-Mart for similar packages, and that's what I think Philly traded AI for as well, though back then AI was more valuable than Jefferson.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: