Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 07-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #166
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation
Default Re: Timberwolves trade Al Jefferson to Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
He's a free agent and I'm sure other than the Jazz no one outside of Eastern Europe would touch Fessenko. He sucks.

Minnesota definitely raped them. Koufos is a player. So is Millsap. AK will probably be traded and the Jazz will have holes everywhere but PF. Way to go Jazz!
Hey, jackass! Our front office is making moves so shut your trap.

Koufos sucks. If I read another one of these posts -- and there have been quite the string of them -- there is no doubt in my mind you are a troll. Holy ****ing shit. Sit down and shutup.
He's the reason I left the Jazz forum.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #167
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi

Wasn't he the one cracking on D-Will all the time
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:43 PM   #168
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Jazz really need a defensive stopper. 300 pound Fesenko has potential but he will have to put in work on defensive fundamentals in the offseason

1.8(1.2 def) rbds in 8 min. He makes Collins look like Wilt Chamberlain. He sucks period.

Quote:
offensively he is useless

He passed ok but that had more to do with the fact that he never looked to shoot for obvious reasons.

Quote:
Even if Okur was healthy, he isn't a great interior defender either.

Or great at anything other than loafing around the 3 point stripe. For 10 million + a year. LOL!

Quote:
If Jazz still had Ronnie Brewer they would be a top 4 team in the west

Not their problem. CJ/Raja/AK(if he's not dealt) and the kid will do there.

Quote:
But mainly they just need a center who can protect the paint

A back-up pg and a head coach would be nice too.

Quote:
They should get Mark Eaton to teach Fesenko to be a shot blocker, defender and rebounder. The man was a beast in the 80's

I could teach someone how to hold their arms up in the air like big Mark. Rather they'd be tall enough or not is another question. Beast he was not.

Quote:
They don't really like Koufos actually and may deal him for a 2nd rounder or waive him.

Someone will reap the rewards of the man-child.

Quote:
Bell makes about half what Matthews does and will give same production.

They hope. Missed the whole year and is an aging shooting guard. He is a better ball handler. Sloan's love of him could hurt too.

Quote:
Fesenko(at least a body)

Anyone, I mean anyone would be a better body.

Quote:
Deron should be a litlte happier when he sees Bell,Hayward and Jefferson play.

But ultimately they fall short and give players away to cut their luxury tax and Deron is thinking of greener pastures again.

Quote:
Hey, jackass! Our front office is making moves so shut your trap.

Sorry, I forgot with Jazz fans it's all good. No disagreeing with their brilliant front office of HOF coach.

Quote:
Koufos sucks.

Hardly.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:56 PM   #169
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

mrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
1.8(1.2 def) rbds in 8 min. He makes Collins look like Wilt Chamberlain. He sucks period.

He passed ok but that had more to do with the fact that he never looked to shoot for obvious reasons.

Or great at anything other than loafing around the 3 point stripe. For 10 million + a year. LOL!

Not their problem. CJ/Raja/AK(if he's not dealt) and the kid will do there.

A back-up pg and a head coach would be nice too.

I could teach someone how to hold their arms up in the air like big Mark. Rather they'd be tall enough or not is another question. Beast he was not.

Someone will reap the rewards of the man-child.

They hope. Missed the whole year and is an aging shooting guard. He is a better ball handler. Sloan's love of him could hurt too.

Anyone, I mean anyone would be a better body.

But ultimately they fall short and give players away to cut their luxury tax and Deron is thinking of greener pastures again.

Sorry, I forgot with Jazz fans it's all good. No disagreeing with their brilliant front office of HOF coach.

Hardly.

Oh, I see. You're right, troll.
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #170
Rizko
EroticVanilla

Rizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I could teach someone how to hold their arms up in the air like big Mark. Rather they'd be tall enough or not is another question. Beast he was not
Yea because a 3x NBA All-Defensive First Team, 2x NBA All-Defensive Second Team, and 2x NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award who had season of 4+ bpg is just some stiff who stands their holding his hands up

If he got all those accolades due to size, it would stand to reason that Manute Bol and Gheorghe Mureşan who were 3 inches taller would be MUCH better defenders, but it turns out THERE NOT.

Manute Bol only got to the NBA All-Defensive Second Team once, and thats it.

Gheorghe Mureşan got the MIP award, and not awards due to his defensive presence.

Last edited by Rizko : 07-15-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Rizko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #171
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

I'll miss Al a lot, but I think our team will run together much better as a real team without him. He was that guy you could just hand the ball to, but he was that guy that didn't know when to pass and looked stupid after he got stripped by the help defender multiple times in a game. I hope we can put egos aside and work towards moving the ball a lot better in the future. Thank you for all the unbelievable pump fakes and highlight worthy plays making defenders look like fools, especially punks like Birdman and Tyrus Thomas type of players.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:58 PM   #172
Bruinlove
Banned

Bruinlove has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Two first round picks and some cap space appears to be the going rate for players of Big Al's caliber. I'm pretty sure that NJ got VC and traded K-Mart for similar packages, and that's what I think Philly traded AI for as well, though back then AI was more valuable than Jefferson.

Philly got allstar level PG Andre Miller.
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:56 AM   #173
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
just some stiff who stands their holding his hands up

Pretty much. You never saw him play I take it? He hadn't a clue in the world.

Quote:
If he got all those accolades due to size, it would stand to reason that Manute Bol and Gheorghe Mureşan who were 3 inches taller would be MUCH better defenders, but it turns out THERE NOT.

Bol blocked more shots per 48. If he'd gotten the opportunity Eaton did he would have had more. No other team would have played Eaton.

Quote:
Gheorghe Mureşan

He played offense while Mark was near the mid court line as the Jaz played 4 on 5. He was able to get back faster.
More than being tall. Yao has short arms for his size for instance.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #174
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
I'll miss Al a lot, but I think our team will run together much better as a real team without him. He was that guy you could just hand the ball to, but he was that guy that didn't know when to pass and looked stupid after he got stripped by the help defender multiple times in a game. I hope we can put egos aside and work towards moving the ball a lot better in the future. Thank you for all the unbelievable pump fakes and highlight worthy plays making defenders look like fools, especially punks like Birdman and Tyrus Thomas type of players.
i remember in 2008 against the rockets, he faked yao once, couldnt shoot, then had to head fake and pivot like 4 more times, it was an amazing move.
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:16 PM   #175
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
i remember in 2008 against the rockets, he faked yao once, couldnt shoot, then had to head fake and pivot like 4 more times, it was an amazing move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUWIulqhtW4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCVSaiLD2wI
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:46 AM   #176
saxoman
Can barely lace up my sneakers

saxoman has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jazz Sealing the deal to get Al Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRZ66
when did you guys get cp3?
Chris Paul is too fragile to ever be considered as an elite point guard on Deron Williams level. To be considered as elite he's got to be able to bring it every night....sorry.
We'll rate him at about #4 until he can prove that the Hornets (or if they've given up on him whoever they can trade him to) can count on him.
saxoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:25 AM   #177
joshwake
Local High School Star

joshwake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi
I don't blame you man. He is one of the most shit terrible posters on these boards which is saying A LOT!
joshwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:33 AM   #178
NBAblogjob
Can barely lace up my sneakers

NBAblogjob has an OK reputation so far

What is going on in Minnesota? Sign Darko to a monster deal, and now trade your best player. All this after drafting 3 SF's, I guess to keep the pattern going since they drafted 3 PG's the year before. Either way, this team looks like it will remain in the cellar for a while
NBAblogjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:16 PM   #179
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAblogjob
What is going on in Minnesota? Sign Darko to a monster deal, and now trade your best player. All this after drafting 3 SF's, I guess to keep the pattern going since they drafted 3 PG's the year before. Either way, this team looks like it will remain in the cellar for a while
Signing someone to 5 million a year is a monster deal?
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #180
Huh
I airball my layups

Huh has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolvesfan
Signing someone to 5 million a year is a monster deal?

When that someone is Darko Milicic, absolutely.
Huh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: