Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 07-12-2010, 10:56 PM   #46
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jazz Sealing the deal to get Al Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
You mean they're way too excited about a big man with 20/10 potential that shoots 50% from the field?

Who would have guessed?

He hasn't looked like a 20/10 player since his injury.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:00 PM   #47
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

with deron spoon feeding jefferson, he will have to work less on the offensive end.

anyone think that extra energy is going to the defensive end finally?
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:00 PM   #48
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This actually makes me want to watch the Wolves. Bunch of players capable of breaking out season..yeah I'm talking to you Darko.
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:00 PM   #49
Dontstop
Banned

Dontstop has an OK reputation so far

I officially retract my statement about my FO not having balls.

Aslong as Jefferson stays healthy the Jazz will be a top 5 team in the West.
Dontstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #50
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
with deron spoon feeding jefferson, he will have to work less on the offensive end.

anyone think that extra energy is going to the defensive end finally?
You really think that is why Big Al is horrible on the defensive side?
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:08 PM   #51
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
He hasn't looked like a 20/10 player since his injury.
It's been one year. Sometimes it takes an athlete a little while to round back into form after knee surgery. He still put up 17/9 on 50% last season.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #52
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This would be a nice move by the Jazz. I'd love to watch Deron and Jefferson on the same team.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #53
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

as long as it's not for a second round pick...then I won't go insane.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:13 PM   #54
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Can somebody explain why the wolves are actively tring to dump Al?
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:18 PM   #55
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Can somebody explain why the wolves are actively tring to dump Al?
Clear PT for Love/Beasley
Get more assets in the process.
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:29 PM   #56
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

What's the deal?

I hope I get to use this:

ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:31 PM   #57
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batz
Oh snap this shit just got serious.

Al >>>>>>>>>>>> Boozer so yeah.
not really.

I thought they wanted to be under the luxury tax this season? No way they can do that if this deal goes through.

Definitely a good pickup for them if it happens.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:37 PM   #58
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I just approved a Jazz roster move that I'm very excited about. Planning to share details tomorrow.

Per Jazz Owner Twitter (Greg Miller)
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:43 PM   #59
mrhoopfan
Local High School Star

mrhoopfan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
As of now the deal still isn't official, right? Here in NC were still holding out hope that we can turn the trade exception we get for dumping Chandler into Jefferson. Big Al + Tyrus Thomas = a killer frontcourt.

I should be a GM. Told my brother this morning that Calderon would be good fit for Cats. I later heard Chandler maybe on way out for Calderon and I told him Charlotte would be my 2nd favorite team in east behind Bucks if they find way to scoop Al Jeff
mrhoopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:51 PM   #60
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://www.blazersedge.com/2010/7/12...r-al-jefferson

Quote:
According to Tim Buckley of the Deseret News, the Utah Jazz have traded for Minnesota's Al Jefferson and his $13 million contract ($42 million over the next three years), likely using a trade exception and a draft pick. Blazers and Jazz fans can factor in this info when speculating whether they're likely to match Portland's 5-year, $34 million offer on guard Wesley Matthews.

Its pretty much official now.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: