Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 07-12-2010, 11:54 PM   #61
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jazz Sealing the deal to get Al Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
He hasn't looked like a 20/10 player since his injury.
I'm pretty sure this season he will prove to you that he is the player he was in 2008-09. Just as long as he doesn't have another serious injury. I think he'll be back to full form this season. His rust will wear off at least by a 1/4 the way through the season. That is my prediction. His play was never based off of huge athleticism. He just needs healthy knees so he can pull off his moves a lot better. If he develops a jump shot this season though, I'll regret ever getting rid of him. Unless of course Beasley explodes.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:30 AM   #62
joshwake
Local High School Star

joshwake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
The Jazz are fondling Chicago's collective balls for this.

Without Chicago, the Jazz can't get Jefferson.

You're welcome for that trade exception from Boozer's new contract. j/k
yes, utah does owe chicago one. The trade exception did not have to happen, thanks chicago!
joshwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:32 AM   #63
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn, Utah just went from a contender to fighting for a playoff spot then right back to being a contender in just a few days.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:34 AM   #64
EDART King
I airball my layups

EDART King has not been impressing people

Younger, yet far more injury prone version of Boozer.

But genius pickup for only future picks.
EDART King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:35 AM   #65
BC Eagle
I hit open layups

BC Eagle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
Wow. Deron + Millsap + Al Jefferson is a solid trio. It's a shame Korver is leaving, he'd fit well with those three imo.

I think Gordon Hayward can fill Korver's roster spot very adequately, so I don't see them losing much with Kyle leaving.
BC Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:36 AM   #66
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
Best Pg In the leauge + Best Post moves in the leauge + Another one of my fav players
I am happy for you guys and so thrilled to get back to the rest of the NBA.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:25 AM   #67
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolvesfan
I hate to try and defend Kahn because so far i have a slightly negative view on him, but look at the talent on this roster compared to last year and tell me it hasn't improved a lot.

Yeah they've for sure gotten better players. But you still just can't give away Jefferson, you gave up KG for this guy.

Why can't he trade for a 2 guard somewhere? They're a good 2 guard away from actually having a fairly good team.

I lived in Minnesota 9 years ago, it was the same shit then as it is now.
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:32 AM   #68
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good snag for the Jazz. Jefferson is a solid offensive big who can rebound and should make up for the loss of Boozer. Pretty bad defender but not like Boozer was that good of defender.

Minny could have easily got K-Mart\Smith for Jefferson I imagine. Hopefully Denver atleast tried to pick him up.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:45 AM   #69
flipogb
Banned

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster
Yeah they've for sure gotten better players. But you still just can't give away Jefferson, you gave up KG for this guy.

Why can't he trade for a 2 guard somewhere? They're a good 2 guard away from actually having a fairly good team.

I lived in Minnesota 9 years ago, it was the same shit then as it is now.

he should have just kept Mayo instead of trading him for Love and they would have never had this problem
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:54 AM   #70
lxlHoTsAuSelxl
Serious playground baller

lxlHoTsAuSelxl has no real reputation yet.

I dunno but Big Al looked different 2 years ago compared to last, injuries or K. Love taking his thunder.
lxlHoTsAuSelxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:14 AM   #71
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Damn, Utah just went from a contender to fighting for a playoff spot then right back to being a contender in just a few days.
christ. al jefferson doesnt put utah into any contention.

yes hes got post moves..hes still going to give up just as many points on defense as he scores on offense. people need to put their boners away when it comes to seein al's stat sheet
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:19 AM   #72
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nice if he becomes a Jazz for that cheap price it would be the best move of the summer imo. The Jazz need it.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:19 AM   #73
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
christ. al jefferson doesnt put utah into any contention.

yes hes got post moves..hes still going to give up just as many points on defense as he scores on offense. people need to put their boners away when it comes to seein al's stat sheet

Who did Al play next to in Minny? Now he's got Deron on a 50 win team with an incredible coach and legit backup. Con-ten-ders.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:08 AM   #74
Quata
TheBogeyOne

Quata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation hereQuata has an incredible reputation here

Super psyched about this, things weren't looking good otherwise. Al jeff replaces booze pretty much perfectly, though i like him swapping to c better than when booze played at c. Adds a shot blocker as well, even if his defense is crap, blocking shots was something boozer never did.

Still the same problem though, no legit defensive big man. Around 4/5 seed, probably another 2nd round exit vs the lakers though, just to make it 4 years in a row.
Quata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:35 AM   #75
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nice pick up Utah!

Props to the Jazz front office if this go through. Deron was pisst good thing they get Al. Will be cool to see this team next year.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: