Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-12-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default What if LeBron signed first, Wade returned to Miami, and then Bosh jumped on board?

It sounds stupid, but I think the 3 signgings would have been viewed with less criticism had these players signed in a different order.

For example; what if LeBron announced first that he was going to sign with the Heat? Then, after consideration, Wade re-signed claiming he just decided to stay true to Maimi fans. After that, Bosh signs with the Heat claiming he just wants to win, and is willing to play second fiddle.

LeBron wouldn't look like such a front-runner. Wade would still be off the hook for staying with "his" team. And Bosh may have been viewed as a freeloader, but most people don't think he's a franchise cornerstone player anyways.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:15 PM   #2
DC Zephyrs
Great young streetballer

DC Zephyrs has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What if LeBron signed first, Wade returned to Miami, and then Bosh jumped on board?

I don't think it would have fooled people. It's pretty obvious they've been thinking about this for a long time.
DC Zephyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:19 PM   #3
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What if LeBron signed first, Wade returned to Miami, and then Bosh jumped on board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Zephyrs
I don't think it would have fooled people. It's pretty obvious they've been thinking about this for a long time.

I think they could have spun it... maybe. While Wade and Bosh were acting like they were considering Chicago, LeBron could have signed with Miami, making Wade and Bosh's moves look reactionary.

There would still be criticism, but I think it would have gone down smoother.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #4
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

no different at all.
still Wade's team. he is the champion.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #5
DC Zephyrs
Great young streetballer

DC Zephyrs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I think they could have spun it... maybe. While Wade and Bosh were acting like they were considering Chicago, LeBron could have signed with Miami, making Wade and Bosh's moves look reactionary.

There would still be criticism, but I think it would have gone down smoother.

I don't think they could of spun it for the simple fact that Lebron obviously wasn't going to Miami to play with Michael Beasely and Mario Chalmers.
DC Zephyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:41 PM   #6
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Zephyrs
I don't think they could of spun it for the simple fact that Lebron obviously wasn't going to Miami to play with Michael Beasely and Mario Chalmers.

I think you underestimate how dumb the average person is. I could see the threads now;

"Wade got scared when LeBron signed with Miami and ran home to mommy"

"Bosh is a total freeloader. He's just trying to piggyback by joining the Heat after LeBron and Wade"

"LeBron is a leader, Wade and Bosh are just followers"
Old 07-13-2010, 03:22 AM   #7
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

The hype.

Lebron refusing to let Cleveland know anything and then bolting out on national TV still doesn't change the rioting and jersey burning.

Now, had he acted more maturely, there would've been much of the same criticism but people wouldn't give Lebron so much shit and call him a narcissist.

Media would still be over it but less material and less pressure for the Heat and NBA.

This is just too dramatic. And Cleveland will NEVER forgive him.

I mean, unless, he returns to Cleveland with Wade and Bosh in 5 years. Wouldn't that be hilarious to see all the signs being put back up, the new murals, people regretting over burning their autographed jerseys, people smiling and being friendly to Lebron, etc?
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:24 AM   #8
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

dont matter what lebron does. haters gonna hate
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:26 AM   #9
StacksOnDeck
Local High School Star

StacksOnDeck has decent reputationStacksOnDeck has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa

Same thing could be said about Kobe/Lakers and you.
StacksOnDeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:26 AM   #10
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Why would he go to Miami with a chance that Wade wasn't going to be there?

Would of been the same story. I don't really think it matters, all the Cleveland fans were going to hate him if he left.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:39 AM   #11
KoRn
High school junior varsity star

KoRn has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa

and you're exactly that. well done.
KoRn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: