Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 11-24-2006, 07:18 PM   #16
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrclutch
Damn, me too

I was thinking Maple Leafs (NHL)

i was just thinking about hoops, football and baseball

RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 11:06 AM   #17
wally_world
M0derator

Suns finish the game in an hour...

Spurs will take like 3 and 1/4 hours!

like Pistons in the past... now they picked it up offencively, and you guys should too!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:02 PM   #18
statman32
NBA Legend

the spurs have the biggest bunch of whiners ...how can you actually be a fan of them except for people born in san tonio...you can enjoy there great play but other than that they suck

Last edited by statman32 : 01-04-2007 at 07:15 AM.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:22 AM   #19
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

i can not stand 2 watch the spurs play its a killer... and the worst thing im from australia. whenever we barely get nba games, we usually only get boring spur ones. the only good part of the spurs is tony parker. and hey dnt blame ginobli for being a whiner n taking oscar dives. hes from argentina, argentina is a soccer country. lots of actors haha.
i wish ginobli could dunk more in games like that time he threw it down at lakers when spurs were at lakers home. even the laker fans stood up for that one.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:27 AM   #20
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

The spurs are indeed boring at times. But we can't say ****. They know basketball and they know winning.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:20 AM   #21
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
true that...

the cities that only have one sport have the most rabid fans

san anton
sacramento
portland
oklahoma
utah
toronto
charlotte

its understandable

from that thread, i thought that most would be indifferent toward the spurs. i really dont think there are any strong feelings. perhaps with dallas or houston because of the in-state rivalry

I was'nt aware that utah was a city. I guess they changed that.

But it's a valid point it's kinda like in green bay. Thats what EVERYONE there does because it's the only thing they have.
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:32 PM   #22
idizzle
Good college starter

They need to get someone on the team that brings energy and makes the crowd get wild, and probably an alternate jersey, since just about every team has one.

Last edited by idizzle : 12-13-2006 at 10:08 AM.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:54 AM   #23
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesrapehand
yawn

You're not a Lakerfan if you think like this.

If you think winning is boring, then you are a loser.

SA is one hell of a franchise!!!
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:45 AM   #24
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

Default .

i like this triangle guy. hes a good man.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:40 AM   #25
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerFan1086
I was'nt aware that utah was a city. I guess they changed that.

But it's a valid point it's kinda like in green bay. Thats what EVERYONE there does because it's the only thing they have.

hehee my bad (although i think the whole state of utah could be changed to have city status...
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:54 AM   #26
wally_world
M0derator

still YAWN-ing...

even their forum is boring...
Old 12-20-2006, 07:38 AM   #27
JellyBean
College star

Are you serious? I guess we are,but we win and that is all that matters. I could see if what we did made us lose, then I could agree. But since we are winning, I will take a boring team over a flash and drama team....anyday.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:48 AM   #28
tbiggums
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesrapehand
yawn

You know...You're right...This team is boring....I'll give you that...But the rub about that is that...Their only boring until they put the "boring" ass whooping on your team. From your attitude, it seems you don't repect The Spurs....If your team has that same attitude..I'm sure they'll be at home...Talking about how boring The Spurs are..And how they should still be playing because they are so boring. This style of basketball is designed to pick apart the weaknesses of "dumb" opponents. That is teams not experienced or smart enough to compete. Their system is not built around stopping a style or flashiness of a team. If your team proves smart enough to beat The spurs then so be it: If they prove to be dumb enough to get beat by a "boring" team. Then what does that say about your team? The thing about playing San Antonio is that when you play them. You already know what you are going to get. Strong defense and an offense that picks it spots for scoring. A lot of teams compete with them but eventually get picked apart towards the end of each game. How many times does it take a "smart" team to figure out how to beat a "boring" team? In my guestestimation so far this season only 6 teams of the 26 games Spurs have played have actually done that. Which means that 70% have yet to figure out how to beat the "boring" Spurs. I don't know what you hope to accomplish by coming on this site calling our team "boring" but, my advice is that whenever your team figures out how to overcome their capacity of competitive "boringness". Come back at that time and let us know how we can improve ourselves. Until then... Get real!! When was the last time "flashiness" won a playoff series??? I hope that you are royally entertained in the regular season b/c with that attitude your team is bound to be sitting and watching for a while!
tbiggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:46 AM   #29
wally_world
M0derator

NBA is entertainment... fans give Duncan half his salary... so quit boring your pay-checkers
Old 01-03-2007, 11:52 AM   #30
timmyD
I hit open layups

dont watch the spurs if you are in for a offensive showndown, which is what most juvenile fans today want to see. they dont want to see a 39% opposing field goal percentage, they want to see maybe a scoring duel or big alley oops. poppovich made it clear why their boring. he said something along hte lines of "great looking basketball requires a lot of risk and a lot risk means a lot of chances to miss a basket and cause turnovers, which could make the diffrence between a win and a loss in the nba". i agree with pop because i know from experience a championship is a lot better than doing good in the regular seasons. all of u guys that think the spurs are boring, do u think detroit is as well? im jwing

by the way, i cant think of a team that doesnt complain except utah and charlotte, so calling spurs whiners and floppers is true but its being hippocritical of the team you root for. and how can mavs fans even dare exploit manu when he flops when you have the biggest cry baby in the history of sports? mark cuban is a great business man but a huge baby so all mavs fans shouldnt even talk about manu when cuban consistently manipulates and intimidates referees in his stadium

Last edited by timmyD : 01-03-2007 at 11:56 AM.
timmyD is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: