Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 01-04-2007, 08:10 AM   #31
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyD
dont watch the spurs if you are in for a offensive showndown, which is what most juvenile fans today want to see. they dont want to see a 39% opposing field goal percentage, they want to see maybe a scoring duel or big alley oops. poppovich made it clear why their boring. he said something along hte lines of "great looking basketball requires a lot of risk and a lot risk means a lot of chances to miss a basket and cause turnovers, which could make the diffrence between a win and a loss in the nba". i agree with pop because i know from experience a championship is a lot better than doing good in the regular seasons. all of u guys that think the spurs are boring, do u think detroit is as well? im jwing

by the way, i cant think of a team that doesnt complain except utah and charlotte, so calling spurs whiners and floppers is true but its being hippocritical of the team you root for. and how can mavs fans even dare exploit manu when he flops when you have the biggest cry baby in the history of sports? mark cuban is a great business man but a huge baby so all mavs fans shouldnt even talk about manu when cuban consistently manipulates and intimidates referees in his stadium
tiimy d i agree with everything you just said except for the one stat you put out...39% def fg%...I cant remember when someone has played that good od defense

its actually 44.94%... good for 12th in the league...behind the SUNS ;) im def not saying the suns are a better defensive team though
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:23 PM   #32
timmyD
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
tiimy d i agree with everything you just said except for the one stat you put out...39% def fg%...I cant remember when someone has played that good od defense

its actually 44.94%... good for 12th in the league...behind the SUNS ;) im def not saying the suns are a better defensive team though

i was just making a hypothetical number, saying that is a desired number to see from a person who likes to see good defense. and ya, we need to work on opp. defense, it seems everyone we play puts up season numbers agaisnt us (blount last night couldnt miss a dam shot cuz bonner cant switch fast enough to contest a shot).
timmyD is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: