Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > WNBA Forum

WNBA Forum WNBA Forum, Women's Basketball Forum - WNBA message board

Old 07-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default (w)NBA Offseason Discussion

deneppah gnihtyna sah?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: (w)NBA Offseason Discussion

I thought this could serve as a thread to discuss the nba offseason acquisitions.

Heres my general take.

I like the amir johnson signing. Clearly its way too much money, but I still believe he will contribute. hell, he was there best post defender last season. Raps are a mess though.

Darko got bank! I do think he can play in the league and even start on a middling team. But why did they outbid themselves? his precious ego?

Bucks have made some solid moves, even though gooden is dumb as a box of rocks. I am looking forward to that team next season. Good to see John Hammond killing it IMO.

Supposedly BBWallace will re-up with the pistons. Sources have sources yada yada. If so, I am very happy. Dude makes us better just by being on the bench.

I am not impressed/concerned with either the knicks+amar'e or the new look heat. Good veteran roleplayers are not going to leave millions on the table to play at either team. I just dont see either of them being top teams next year. Bosh and Wade will never win a title together IMO.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bosh and Wade will need a lot of help. Not sold on that pairing as far as considering them favorites. Orlando, Boston and wherever LBJ is might have something to say about that.

I thought Amare was an OK signing, as some of the teams with cap space will end up with nothing of note. It puts them in the LeBron sweepstakes (now that Bosh is in Miami), and if Minnesota is still interested in David Lee, NYK could potentially have a front line of Al Jefferson, Amare and LeBron. [Stephen A.] nothing to sneeze at [Smith/].

I want LeBron to go to New York.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Bosh and Wade will need a lot of help. Not sold on that pairing as far as considering them favorites. Orlando, Boston and wherever LBJ is might have something to say about that.

I thought Amare was an OK signing, as some of the teams with cap space will end up with nothing of note. It puts them in the LeBron sweepstakes (now that Bosh is in Miami), and if Minnesota is still interested in David Lee, NYK could potentially have a front line of Al Jefferson, Amare and LeBron. [Stephen A.] nothing to sneeze at [Smith/].

If they end up with that front line it would be a wildly successful offseason for NY.

At this point, I don't even care where Lebron ends up going. I just want to see where it is. Him in NY would be pretty cool to see but I have a feeling he stays in Cleveland.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #5
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

Yeah, bosh will certainly look good offensively next to wade with his nice jumper, but defensively he just isnt very good. I think they will be a good team, just not tops in the league.

I kind of like the amar'e signing, but Im not a knicks fan. If they land lebron its great, if they dont, they have a big who needs to be the primary offensive weapon (or one of them) but doesnt make good passes to open shooters/cutters. In addition, he rebounds like its an optional component of the game and defends like hes warm butter and the ballhandler is a steakknife. still, it makes them better than they were.

does he play the 5 for them? If they could really get al jeff I like this team, thought the D will be terrible. But with Dantoni, would it matter who was on the squad?!
Old 07-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #6
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
Bosh and Wade will never win a title together IMO.

Gotta remember that Bosh was the defacto 5 in Toronto and did pretty well. I've got a feeling he will be a beast if left at his natural 4 position with DWade. One question is: What does the Heat now do with Beasly?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Gotta remember that Bosh was the defacto 5 in Toronto and did pretty well. I've got a feeling he will be a beast if left at his natural 4 position with DWade. One question is: What does the Heat now do with Beasly?
I was wondering the same. hes no full time 3 in the league that is for sure. I keep seeing trade rumors, but then other reports saying teams are wary of him. so, maybe bosh plays defacto 5 in MIA as well? Is J. anthony coming back (other teams will almost certainly offer him more than the vets min - same with haslem). How much are those guys worth to the heat with their remaining capspace (presuming KBJ doesnt go there)? so what legit 5 are they going to get?
Old 07-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #8
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

so, boozer to chicago for 80/5 is the latest report. Personally, I like it. He has the best post game of all 3 main pfs on the market, best rebounder and his D is mostly poor due to almost always giving up length. not that he'd be a great defender anyways.

Still, he has the most complete offensive game (sure bosh has a better J, but not by much). I really like it for them if the 5th year is a team option.

still contract seems to start around 13.65 mil.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:03 PM   #9
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
so, boozer to chicago for 80/5 is the latest report. Personally, I like it. He has the best post game of all 3 main pfs on the market, best rebounder and his D is mostly poor due to almost always giving up length. not that he'd be a great defender anyways.

Still, he has the most complete offensive game (sure bosh has a better J, but not by much). I really like it for them if the 5th year is a team option.

still contract seems to start around 13.65 mil.

Yeah I think its a good signing for a team that has really needed a viable post scorer for the past few years.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:12 PM   #10
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Yeah I think its a good signing for a team that has really needed a viable post scorer for the past few years.
exactly. hes the best post offense on the market and that has been their big issue (and most bulls fans have been saying that for years). whether or not they end up with lebron, this was a good signing for them.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:16 PM   #11
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
exactly. hes the best post offense on the market and that has been their big issue (and most bulls fans have been saying that for years). whether or not they end up with lebron, this was a good signing for them.

Noah and Boozer are also perfect compliments to each other. Plus Taj Gibson off the bench makes for a nice rotation in the front court.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:59 PM   #12
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Beasley probably isn't mature enough to realize it yet, but that guy is destined to be a 6th man. He's got the ability to score in streaks and he's a tweener in terms of size and the way he plays. Can stretch the floor if you match him up with a slower 4 and has enough post skills to beat up on some smaller 3s. Once he figures it out, he could be a solid contributor on a good team. Until then I see him as a journeyman type.
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:25 PM   #13
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Good lord...in the main forum right now 19 out of 40 threads on the first page have the word LeBron in the title...
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:32 AM   #14
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

LeBron Kobe Wade LeBro LeBron Kobe Wade Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade LeBron Kobe Wade
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:38 AM   #15
dough
Decent college freshman

dough has decent reputationdough has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Good lord...in the main forum right now 19 out of 40 threads on the first page have the word LeBron in the title...
And they love it. Lost cause.
dough is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: