Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > WNBA Forum

WNBA Forum WNBA Forum, Women's Basketball Forum - WNBA message board

Old 07-10-2010, 12:59 AM   #1
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default WNBA Question: New York and others

So what do the teams in New York Chicago Jersey do now with all that cap room? there's still some solid talent in the league and a well played off season could really bump one of those teams up to a new level...

Bulls got Boozer, Knicks and Amare, Nets?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:17 AM   #2
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: WNBA Question: New York and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
So what do the teams in New York Chicago Jersey do now with all that cap room? there's still some solid talent in the league and a well played off season could really bump one of those teams up to a new level...

Bulls got Boozer, Knicks and Amare, Nets?

New York needs to do the smart thing and convince newlyweds Carmelo and LaLa that NYC is the place they want to be. If they blow all their money on mediocre talent now, they are right back to square one. Go with Amare's plan of signing TP and Carmelo. Then they have a team that can challenge the farce in Miami.

Chicago looks ready to go now. If Taj Gibson develops and Derrick Rose becomes a star, all the pieces are in place to make a run. Maybe a mediocre swingman (Richard Jefferson perhaps?) puts them in contention.

Jersey needs to improve. Add young pieces who can fill roles. The fact that the worst team in the league, in a lame duck city for two more years was even in the FA sweepstakes is impressive IMO. They will be a force when the Brooklyn move takes place.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:28 AM   #3
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Maybe a mediocre swingman (Richard Jefferson perhaps?) puts them in contention.

RJ signed with the Spurs again today, unless I'm mistaken.
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:29 AM   #4
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't know about Chicago being ready to go yet.
Boozer had Deron, now he has Derrick, and the level of the rest of the team is not that better than Utah's, imo.

EDIT: I read they signed Korver? It figures.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:44 AM   #5
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have a strong feeling the Knicks are gonna sign Raymond Felton.

edit: And they did for 7 mil/yr.

Last edited by rufuspaul : 07-10-2010 at 05:03 AM.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:23 AM   #6
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Melo went to NY, that could generate great matchups with Miami. If they could add another piece on top of that, it would definitely make the East more interesting, than just having the Heat run over everyone like a freight train. Orlando and Boston aren't going to be able to stop a team of Lebron, Wade and Bosh. The East's only hope is if NY sign Melo and another big name.

I can't see the Nets signing anyone big soon. Sure they have the money and some nice young players, but I think they might suffer another season or 2 of being one of the worst teams and just slowly building themselves backup.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:34 AM   #7
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I guess 7 mil for Felton isn't bad but I'm not a huge fan of the signing.

I think Chicago has looked at getting Iguodala (the deal would move taj gibson though) and there was talk of bringing in rip hamilton, which may or may not involve moving Deng. Korver was a nice little pickup.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:45 AM   #8
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
New York needs to do the smart thing and convince newlyweds Carmelo and LaLa that NYC is the place they want to be. If they blow all their money on mediocre talent now, they are right back to square one. Go with Amare's plan of signing TP and Carmelo. Then they have a team that can challenge the farce in Miami.

Chicago looks ready to go now. If Taj Gibson develops and Derrick Rose becomes a star, all the pieces are in place to make a run. Maybe a mediocre swingman (Richard Jefferson perhaps?) puts them in contention.

Jersey needs to improve. Add young pieces who can fill roles. The fact that the worst team in the league, in a lame duck city for two more years was even in the FA sweepstakes is impressive IMO. They will be a force when the Brooklyn move takes place.
how is RJ better than Deng? In any way? People are sleeping on deng IMO. I like the reddick attempt (it will get matched) and also the korver signing. with boozers post O and rose slashing, they need some deadly 3pt shooters and these 2 were the best on the market.

I dont really like the felton deal starting at 7 mil, but he will fill a role on that team and they get better through doing it.

NJ going after outlaw seems like way too much for him (but again, look at the market), but he fills a need (and obv they arent as high on twill as some of the posters here).
Still need another big in their rotation IMO. THey should go after scola.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #9
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
I guess 7 mil for Felton isn't bad but I'm not a huge fan of the signing.

I think Chicago has looked at getting Iguodala (the deal would move taj gibson though) and there was talk of bringing in rip hamilton, which may or may not involve moving Deng. Korver was a nice little pickup.
I dont see any legs for the hamilton/deng rumor unless tay is being moved for a big. They have 3 backup sf/combo forwards on the team already. adding deng is an upgrade, but not unless they move prince for al jeff or something like that.

rip would look good on that bulls team though. who starts at the 3 if they trade deng
Old 07-10-2010, 10:00 AM   #10
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
how is RJ better than Deng? In any way? People are sleeping on deng IMO. I like the reddick attempt (it will get matched) and also the korver signing. with boozers post O and rose slashing, they need some deadly 3pt shooters and these 2 were the best on the market.

I dont really like the felton deal starting at 7 mil, but he will fill a role on that team and they get better through doing it.

NJ going after outlaw seems like way too much for him (but again, look at the market), but he fills a need (and obv they arent as high on twill as some of the posters here).
Still need another big in their rotation IMO. THey should go after scola.

they have been dangling Deng since he arrived there, I really don't think he fits their plan, he is perpetual trade bait. RJ was the first name that came to mind. I would say that RJ is more explosive and perhaps better able to create his own shot.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #11
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
they have been dangling Deng since he arrived there, I really don't think he fits their plan, he is perpetual trade bait. RJ was the first name that came to mind. I would say that RJ is more explosive and perhaps better able to create his own shot.
fair enough. I think jefferson is declining and not worth more than 5 mil. maybe last season soured me on him, but apparently the spurs want him back? Still cannot believe they talked him into opting out. Unless they all know something about the upcoming cba that we dont?
Old 07-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #12
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Everyone was going to get overpaid this off-season. Most, if not all of the low-key signings have been ridiculous. Felton getting 7 mil a year just blows my mind. He's as streaky and turnover prone as they come. He's never been consistent.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:54 PM   #13
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Everyone was going to get overpaid this off-season. Most, if not all of the low-key signings have been ridiculous. Felton getting 7 mil a year just blows my mind. He's as streaky and turnover prone as they come. He's never been consistent.

I always hate how the most recent playoffs determine "value" on every player but didn't Felton just get absolutely chewed up in their series by Orlando? Did NOT look like a championship caliber point guard to me. It's not like it was Deron Williams he was up against either. It's an upgrade on Duhon and they're obviously not ready to give the keys to Tony Douglas, but it feels like a consolation signing.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:37 AM   #14
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I did think the Felton signing was a bit silly, but then again maybe he will blossom in New York. He has been a half court point guard for the past few years I'm sure that he will excel in the fast-paced game a lot more. He needs to develop a shot though.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #15
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Unless they all know something about the upcoming cba that we dont?
oh i imagine the owners know a whole lot about what changes they will be looking for next summer...

also, this whole lebron to miami with bosh and wade, possible collusion (rumors) for over a year and stuff is probably going to give the owners even more ammo.. next summer could get real ugly...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: