Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-18-2006, 07:27 PM   #1
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Ufc 65

fatboy11's predictions:

Matt Hughes vs Georges St. Pierre
Tim Sylvia vs Jeff Monson
Brandon Vera vs Frank Mir
Joe Stevenson vs Dokonjonosuke Mishima
Alessio Sakara vs Drew McFedries
Nick Diaz vs Gleison Tibau
James Irvin vs Hector Ramirez
Jake O'Brien vs Josh Shockman
Antoni Hardonki vs Sherman Pendergrast

My predictions and who I actually want to win are two different things. I'm rooting for GSP, but think that Matt Hughes will find some kind of way to win. Vera could be a star in the making, but Mir looks like and is said to be in the best shape of his career. I think "Daddy" is going to be too much for Mishima to handle. I'm not that high on Sakara, but I think he'll beat McFedries. Diaz should no trouble with his opponent. I'm not impressed at all with "the Sandman" James Irvin. Ramirez has been training with Rampage. I could care less about Shockman/O'Brien, but I'll go with O'Brien because he's fought in the UFC before. I don't know much Hardonki or Pendergrast. I've seen one of Hardonki's fights on YouTube, but it wasn't all that great. I'll with Pendergrast because his nickname is "the Tank".
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:41 PM   #2
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

I really hope GSP wins. I think Hughes will probaly pull it out but I won't be shocked to see GSP win.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:56 PM   #3
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I want GSP to win, too. But Hughes just won't die, man. He's cocky, arrogant, and, at times, lucky. He's definitely one of the best to ever step into the cage/ring, though.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:37 AM   #4
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Jesus Christ.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:44 AM   #5
Banks91
Decent playground baller

Banks91 has an OK reputation so far

i didn't order this on pay per view.

Anybody can tell me what happen in the matt hughes/gsp and the
heavyweight fight?
Banks91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:47 AM   #6
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks91
i didn't order this on pay per view.

Anybody can tell me what happen in the matt hughes/gsp and the
heavyweight fight?

Yeah, GSP ****ed Matt Hughes's face up for about 6 minutes. Hughes couldn't get a takedown and kept getting tagged standing. Fight ended with a HUGE left head-kick followed by some nasty GnP. Best striking from GSP I've ever seen, he really seems to have improved on his feet since the BJ fight.

heavyweight was in contention for being even more boring than AA-Sylvia. Sylvia by UD and few telling shots by either fighter.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:49 AM   #7
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

SPOILER WARNING

Silvia won in a ridiculously boring 5 round Decision

Hughes got destroyed by GSP, lost in the second by ref stoppage after getting destroyed in round 1...
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:50 AM   #8
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Ricardo Tubbs has an OK reputation so far

Ohhhhh yes I feel good.

I don't care if you all flame me, I think Matt Hughes has just plain been overrated this whole time, not that you guys probably didn't know that already.

170 is simply not all that great a class, it only seems that way. BJ and GSP are simply far more skilled than Hughes, and like I said before, I think Sanchez, Koschek and Fitch would have a good shot against Hughes as well.

I was sad when Mishima went down like that, but GSP's performance was more than enough to make up for it.

But we can all agree that Tim Sylvia sucks. My god that fight was horrible. I was pissed at the retards in the crowd for booing at Mishima (that's just blasphemous), but I loved them for booing Sylvia.

I hope BJ sticks around at 170, I think he is the only guy in there who can beat GSP.
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:54 AM   #9
Banks91
Decent playground baller

Banks91 has an OK reputation so far

thanks.
Banks91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:06 AM   #10
LK-47
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LK-47 has an OK reputation so far

I'm so glad GSP won. Hughes is a great fighter and all, but he's way too arrogant. The rematch should be a good one.
LK-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: