Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-18-2006, 08:24 PM   #16
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
I _think_ Sunday (tommorrow). What I do know for sure, just to give you an idea on supply demands, the local Wal-Mart only got four PS3's, but they got 18 Nintendo WII's. And isn't the retail on the Wii only $250 or something? It definitely sounds like the better system if you don't mind the controller.

Mathius

Cheaper things are never better.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:26 PM   #17
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement
Cheaper things are never better.

That's the kind of attitude that makes people spend $600 on a game system.

Was my PS2 worse when I bought it at $189 then the people who had to have it the first day and paid $300 or more? I don't feel like I missed anything, most of the first games stank anyways.

How many years did they have systems like 3DO, Turbo Grafix 16, etc. but the cheaper Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo reigned supreme?

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:27 PM   #18
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
That's the kind of attitude that makes people spend $600 on a game system.

Was my PS2 worse when I bought it at $189 then the people who had to have it the first day and paid $300 or more? I don't feel like I missed anything, most of the first games stank anyways.

Mathius

When you bought it at 189 you missed out about 2-3 years of playing the PS2 that people bought at launch day.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:40 PM   #19
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Buying a console 2-3 year later is better, I don't think I ever own a launch system. Less bugs, cheaper, and better games.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:40 PM   #20
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement
When you bought it at 189 you missed out about 2-3 years of playing the PS2 that people bought at launch day.

And like I said, none of the titles available before that were of any interest to me. And I bought it a year after it came out, not 2-3 years. Sorry to disappoint.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:41 PM   #21
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Buying a console 2-3 year later is better, I don't think I ever own a launch system. Less bugs and more games later.

Exactly, not to mention some older titles are cheaper.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:42 PM   #22
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Dreamcast is still the best system yet....
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:44 PM   #23
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Exactly, not to mention some older titles are cheaper.

I agree, but the problem I have with buying them late is that the hype dies down.

When I got warcraft 3, it was the first game I ever had that was still fresh, #1 in the eyes of many, #1 focus of many magazines and internet sites. It was incredible.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:45 PM   #24
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

I loved the Dreamcast. My friend bought one about 5 years ago, and got a used Dreamcast and like 8 games for 70 bucks.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:48 PM   #25
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Jet Grind Radio, Skies of Arcadia, Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, San Fran Rush 2049, NBA 2k1, FurFighters... all of these are in my top 10 favourite games. All from Dreamcast (some not exclusively tho)
Old 11-18-2006, 08:49 PM   #26
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
I agree, but the problem I have with buying them late is that the hype dies down.

When I got warcraft 3, it was the first game I ever had that was still fresh, #1 in the eyes of many, #1 focus of many magazines and internet sites. It was incredible.

Hype or no hype a game enjoyability is still the same. Who gives a damn what other thinks.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:50 PM   #27
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Dreamcast was a good system, but illustrates why you shouldn't buy a system too close to launch. That system was a flop commercially and Sega collapsed shortly after and stopped supporting it.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:52 PM   #28
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

I liked:

Ready to Rumble
2k Series
Sonic
Powerstone 1
House of the Dead
Blue Sting
Southpark Chef's Love Shack
Crazy Taxi
Old 11-18-2006, 08:53 PM   #29
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Could I get any money for the Nintendo Wii on ebay?(prolly not I guess) How much $$$ is it going to be?
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:54 PM   #30
Game
Banned

Game has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Could I get any money for the Nintendo Wii on ebay?(prolly not I guess) How much $$$ is it going to be?

450-600 range.

Pretty good I guess.
Game is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: