Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-18-2006, 08:57 PM   #31
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Retail on Wii is $250, and from what I hear stores should be well stocked.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:13 PM   #32
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
And like I said, none of the titles available before that were of any interest to me. And I bought it a year after it came out, not 2-3 years. Sorry to disappoint.

Mathius

Well it interested a lot of other people, so I don't see why you have to criticize them for using their money. That being said, I'm not getting a PS3 or any next gen system until I get accepted into University, thats how i can reward myself a bit (so a 4-5 month until the hype dies down and the bugs gets cleaned out). Waiting 2-3 years is too long for me, might as well wait for the next gen system after that.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:25 PM   #33
TheTrueKnicksFan
Banned

TheTrueKnicksFan has an OK reputation so far

I was camping out to get one so I could sell it on ebay, but on Thursday night some sad clown paid me $3000 for my spot. I pity that fool. I think I nearly cried myself all the way to the bank.
TheTrueKnicksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:27 PM   #34
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

the problem here is twofold. one, PS3 came second. two, the ebay market is flooded.

what a complete disaster Sony is. what a bunch of knuckleheads.

1. nobody wants your ****ing Blu Ray technology. if you have to stoop this low to force it on the public, it's probably not destined for success.

2. stop showing contempt for your fanbase. it's like you want to have people defect to Wii/360. release your system a full year later for 600 dollars? do you realize how much money 600 dollars is? its like youre telling your fans "we're not gonna work hard to get you this product faster, better, and cheaper because we know you're retarded and you'll buy whatever piece of **** we push your way."

owned.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:28 PM   #35
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I was camping out to get one so I could sell it on ebay, but on Thursday night some sad clown paid me $3000 for my spot. I pity that fool. I think I nearly cried myself all the way to the bank.
wow, you got out of jail for ROBBERY that quickly? holy **** what an idiot. why not just get one on ebay for half that? wow.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:31 PM   #36
PureElement
Local High School Star

they HAVE to charge 600 dollars. They are still losing money because of this, the system is worth around 800 dollars. They are depending on a quick victory for blue ray, causing blue ray to drop in price and then the PS3 will drop in price quickly. Its a huge uphill at the beginning, but with the hype they've been getting, they can turn it around.

Sony's has this stupid ass tendency to make the system too good for its time.

Last edited by PureElement : 11-18-2006 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:33 PM   #37
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
they HAVE to charge 600 dollars. They are still losing money because of this, the system is worth around 800 dollars.
bull****. take the blu ray out then. without blu ray, they could charge the same price as XBOX360 for a superior (graphics wise, at least) package. maybe THEN they could sell some units.

but still... bull****. that's some horse**** the company is spewing in you guys general direction to justify a SIX HUNDRED DOLLAR price tag for a gaming machine.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:36 PM   #38
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

New generation are no longer gaming console, they're aiming for entertainment center. Well the Ps3 and 360 are...

Last edited by bigkingsfan : 11-18-2006 at 09:41 PM.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:38 PM   #39
Game
Banned

Game has an OK reputation so far

I'll just buy a WII. Funner games IMO.
Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:41 PM   #40
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That's it, im getting a SNES.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:44 PM   #41
PureElement
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
bull****. take the blu ray out then. without blu ray, they could charge the same price as XBOX360 for a superior (graphics wise, at least) package. maybe THEN they could sell some units.

but still... bull****. that's some horse**** the company is spewing in you guys general direction to justify a SIX HUNDRED DOLLAR price tag for a gaming machine.

Who said they are not selling? In Japan (probably the rest of asian), it will still outsell the 360, Sony is still going to make money just because they are play station (which sold over 100 million units) The cheaper version of PS3 (which had a price reduction in japan) is close in price to the xbox360 premium. And it still has HD as well as blue ray (no wireless though). If you can buy a xbox360 you can buy the PS3. An extra few hundred dollars isn't going to break you.

And the 360 will eventually need an external HD DVD drive (which at least over 150 dollars). There, you have an inferior system, that costs the same.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:48 PM   #42
Game
Banned

Game has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement
Who said they are not selling? In Japan (probably the rest of asian), it will still outsell the 360, Sony is still going to make money just because they are play station (which sold over 100 million units) The cheaper version of PS3 (which had a price reduction in japan) is close in price to the xbox360 premium. And it still has HD as well as blue ray (no wireless though). If you can buy a xbox360 you can buy the PS3. An extra few hundred dollars isn't going to break you.

And the 360 will eventually need an external HD DVD drive (which at least over 150 dollars). There, you have an inferior system, that costs the same.

Yes it will. There is a difference between 400 and 600. With that extra 200 dollars, you can get many things.
Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:51 PM   #43
PureElement
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game

Yes it will. There is a difference between 400 and 600. With that extra 200 dollars, you can get many things.

Thats only if you buy the PS3 Premium. The 20 Gig PS3 has all the essentials, and is made in order to compete against the premium 360.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:55 PM   #44
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

There is already an HD-DVD add on for XBOX360, an external drive that has to be connected via USB.

I think Blu-ray will win out, it is a superior technology, with more storage capacity 25GB per layer compared to 15GB per layer for HD-DVD.

Also it is supported by more home entertainment companies.

HD-DVD Has Toshiba, Microsoft, Intel, and HP.

Blu-Ray has Sony, Pioneer, Panasonic, Phillips, Sharp, Samsung, Mitsubishi, LG, Hitachi, Yamaha, JVC, Zenith and more.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:07 PM   #45
PureElement
Local High School Star

Quote:
There is already an HD-DVD add on for XBOX360, an external drive that has to be connected via USB.

Its going to cost 200 and its coming during the holidays I think (not sure). Either way, you have to get one. 200 dollars is still cheaper then the 700 dollar HD DVD player.

And I though HP and Dell were with Blue Ray. Either way, thats not whats going to matter. If some big movie publisher sides with Sony, it will win, same for Toshiba.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: